Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:03:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529005 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:29:25 AM

Searing the Amex girl here says she does not have email or access to the internet, can only access my account information

how did you show here all these pages over the phone?

that's what i was told...maybe she was just writing them down....but my rep said she could investigate (Huh) and gave me
her extension phone number?...maybe i hit someone more then a rep? supervisor? maybe they are just polite to the poor old
fart who got taken?

anyway...it is completely out of my hands....they do all the dispute work and so we will see...it is out of my hands now...

can't be any more screwed then I am now...if nothing else (details are sad on how this happened ..argh) I'm a 'legal' (sigh) miner
in the USA so i have to pay on income from mining (others of you run/hide) so i can get like $225 of my 667 30% down to alpha back in 4 yrs on depreciation of this as an equip loss according to my cpa (sigh home virtual miner biz that i am now)

so for me it was easy to just punt the 217 back they would have given me under their TOS..*due to my sigh unique status as
legal ......grumble..i was probably p/o'd enough anyway to just go to amex..but really no reason not to if in my above situation

again maybe they are just professionally supportive at Amex and the $$$ are lost...they say it can take 6-8 weeks

I'll let you know..if nothing else if you guys from amex found out stuff different ..well i can wait and be confused for 6-8 weeks

till i see what happens? (drama!)

Searing

Filed a chargeback with my credit card company today...here's to hoping...

well which credit card company mine was amex (if nothing else we can compare how aggessive different credit card companies are on all this even if it don't work out>>>>argh ..jinxed it!)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Activity: 207
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:13:15 AM

You know. Can I just say how disappointing all of this is? Has ANYONE had any luck with refunds? 13 days and counting... 
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:29:38 AM

Some folks reported getting some refunds awhile back.

maardein

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:12:59 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 08:42:37 AM by maardein

I find it most concerning that Alpha isn't even trying to defend themselves here, or trying to make the concerns go away.

I'll contact my creditcard provider today and ask for their terms.

[edit]

Just called my creditcardprovider, which is Mastercard through Dutch ING bank. Since I did not receive any product yet, this doesn't fall under the 180 day purchase insurance. I would have to file a dispute about a transaction, which can be done up to 120 after the initially agreed on delivery date.

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:38:41 AM

I find it most concerning that Alpha isn't even trying to defend themselves here, or trying to make the concerns go away.

[edit]

Just called my creditcardprovider, which is Mastercard through Dutch ING bank. Since I did not receive any product yet, this doesn't fall under the 180 day purchase insurance. I would have to file a dispute about a transaction, which can be done up to 120 after the initially agreed on delivery date.

so you have to wait AFTER July say aug 1st or some such? Hmmm myself I can only go by what amex person said...for all I know in 4 weeks I will get a letter
saying because it was thru paypal I only had 45 days...I really have no idea....they litterally told me
Amex will dispute this and let me know how it goes (thru snail mail)

so I'm gonna be completely in the dark till it is resolved....or the money that has been refunded simply stays refunded.....say 6 months from now (not disputed by alpha)

anyway...i did BFL last year (got refunded by dumb luck only) I guess this is my 'stupid' move this year ...good to have goals Smiley

by the way you did say this was 30% down on  a pre-order right and they will not refund the pre-order money and the unit has not even shipped yet and they want (alpha) you
to send the remainder and they DON'T take paypal anymore want wire or bank xfer? I'd think that would change their tune (master card) and they are trying to keep almost 1/3 of the unit value as a penalty for not sending them the other 70% via unsecured means or you will not get the unit at all and lose all that pre-order $$$ to them....all for vaporware..that more or less  was my plug to amex lady...more or less

again I know zip ...it was a hail 'Mary pass" or last resort at my end to amex ..it is sooooo out of my hands now ...."corp fight corp fight" (must stock up on popcorn 4 weeks form now when snail mail trickles in)....either way i get a refund the amex letter gets framed..i don't get any $$ the amex letter gets framed...good life lesson either way .... got to get off this trend where every asic mnfg thinks I'm an asic equip 'slut' (trying to reform honest......but they make nice whirly sounds and colored LCD's and all...sigh i get all 'fluttery' Wink

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
vesperwillow

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:56:27 PM

Yeah, especially since BCT was one of their biggest sources of customers and they were on it constantly at the beginning, defending and explaining their product and the history of their company which had changed its name and ownership several times.

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:44:02 PM

I think the damage is done and they probably are not going to try to clean it up at this point. Perhaps some people were saved from further losses by what the posts brought to every ones attention here. I am appreciative of that. But on the other hand, it also could have been the straw that broke the camels back. We will see.

I think it is clear they don't have all the money to give back refunds, which makes sense due to the 30% down model.

With the price of LTC crashing (still) and no word from Alpha, I am not leaning towards going through with this, UNLESS they really come out with something comforting.
I only have a 50Mh/s on order, so my pay pal loss will suck, but who knows, maybe I can get that back (though I didn't use a CC).

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
lucaing

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:51:27 PM

What a shame Alpha Technology. Thank you!
vesperwillow

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:29:46 PM

There are a lot of UK buyers, why hasn't someone gone over there recently (such as the past few days) to see what's going on? Someone on the ground and on site may be able to discover more than just going through forums.

maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:31:39 PM

[edit]

so you have to wait AFTER July say aug 1st or some such? Hmmm myself I can only go by what amex person said...for all I know in 4 weeks I will get a letter
saying because it was thru paypal I only had 45 days...I really have no idea....they litterally told me
Amex will dispute this and let me know how it goes (thru snail mail)

so I'm gonna be completely in the dark till it is resolved....or the money that has been refunded simply stays refunded.....say 6 months from now (not disputed by alpha)

anyway...i did BFL last year (got refunded by dumb luck only) I guess this is my 'stupid' move this year ...good to have goals Smiley

by the way you did say this was 30% down on  a pre-order right and they will not refund the pre-order money and the unit has not even shipped yet and they want (alpha) you
to send the remainder and they DON'T take paypal anymore want wire or bank xfer? I'd think that would change their tune (master card) and they are trying to keep almost 1/3 of the unit value as a penalty for not sending them the other 70% via unsecured means or you will not get the unit at all and lose all that pre-order $$$ to them....all for vaporware..that more or less  was my plug to amex lady...more or less

again I know zip ...it was a hail 'Mary pass" or last resort at my end to amex ..it is sooooo out of my hands now ...."corp fight corp fight" (must stock up on popcorn 4 weeks form now when snail mail trickles in)....either way i get a refund the amex letter gets framed..i don't get any $$ the amex letter gets framed...good life lesson either way .... got to get off this trend where every asic mnfg thinks I'm an asic equip 'slut' (trying to reform honest......but they make nice whirly sounds and colored LCD's and all...sigh i get all 'fluttery' Wink

Searing

Yeah, I did tell them it was a down payment. You don't have to wait untill the originally agreed shipping date to file a claim. You just have up to 120 days (with mastercard that is) after that date to file the claim the latest.

I think the damage is done and they probably are not going to try to clean it up at this point. Perhaps some people were saved from further losses by what the posts brought to every ones attention here. I am appreciative of that. But on the other hand, it also could have been the straw that broke the camels back. We will see.

I think it is clear they don't have all the money to give back refunds, which makes sense due to the 30% down model.

With the price of LTC crashing (still) and no word from Alpha, I am not leaning towards going through with this, UNLESS they really come out with something comforting.
I only have a 50Mh/s on order, so my pay pal loss will suck, but who knows, maybe I can get that back (though I didn't use a CC).

Yeah, I only have a small viper on order as well, but it still would suck to loose the money. If they would be able to show something that proves they will actually get a working chip, I would still consider paying the remaining 70%. I fear they never will be able to though, so I'll probably ask for a refund as soon as they have the CC payment setup and the final payment deadline is set.

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
vesperwillow

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:08:37 PM

would still consider paying the remaining 70%. I fear they never will be able to though, so I'll probably ask for a refund as soon as they have the CC payment setup and the final payment deadline is set.

Or, if they will ever have it. The final deadline has changed indefinitely. And if a business which has been around for 10+ years (over 20 according to them) can't get credit processing, that's a red flag right there.

wilson1973

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:39:18 PM

Some folks reported getting some refunds awhile back.

I did get a refund minus the admin fee, but I did put in for a refund within an hour of hearing of the KNC Titan.

I purchased as a company by direct bank transfer, so didn't have the reassurance of a credit card. I figured I could take the hit on £70, just as long as they paid back few k. Lucky for me it worked out, not sure how it will play out for others.

Fingers crossed they either deliver or pay up..
wilson1973

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:46:15 PM

would still consider paying the remaining 70%. I fear they never will be able to though, so I'll probably ask for a refund as soon as they have the CC payment setup and the final payment deadline is set.

Or, if they will ever have it. The final deadline has changed indefinitely. And if a business which has been around for 10+ years (over 20 according to them) can't get credit processing, that's a red flag right there.

I think the issue for them is being able to take online payments. It is easy to get a merchant account with a uk bank as a business, as long as the product you are selling falls within guidelines i.e. has to be a tangible item.

Mention crypto currency to any bank and they're going to run a mile!

Probably the same reason KNC only offer bank transfer or btc payment.
brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:52:58 PM

I think the issue for them is being able to take online payments. It is easy to get a merchant account with a uk bank as a business, as long as the product you are selling falls within guidelines i.e. has to be a tangible item.

I highly doubt that.  More likely explanation is they didn't want to have the possibility of chargebacks when they failed to deliver.  Same as KNC.  This leaves them in complete control of the refund process.
wilson1973

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:06:10 PM

I highly doubt that.  More likely explanation is they didn't want to have the possibility of chargebacks when they failed to deliver.  Same as KNC.  This leaves them in complete control of the refund process.

I honestly think they had honourable intentions to begin with. I do believe they were / are trying to source a merchant account/ credit processing.

However with all the water under the bridge and the mass exodus and associated refunds I doubt this will go anywhere, unless they can find a backer...
HermanCoin

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:29:07 PM

Hi

I assure you we have enough funds, some may forget but when we started we had no competition for a long time, if there are any sales to be had in Scrypt mining we would be the ones with them. We are very busy but expect to be caught up on emails by Monday, in fact I am certain of it (there will be a few exceptions so please I know nobody likes waiting but if you're not being served it just means somebody else is). And we are sorry the payment processor keeps getting delayed we are doing everything we can to get it to you as fast as possible, rest assured we are committed to it so it will happen. We do see an increasing desire for an update and we will be releasing one either today or tomorrow; not the big one with all the specs but an update nonetheless.

Cheers

Why even bother posting this nonsense?
vesperwillow

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:40:37 PM

It was nice of him to ignore the other major issues, but at least let folks know they'll post an update soon. Unless that update is them with the chips testing out speed in their assembly house, I wouldn't be too concerned about getting gear on time in the next few weeks.

retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:42:22 PM

Hi

I assure you we have enough funds, some may forget but when we started we had no competition for a long time, if there are any sales to be had in Scrypt mining we would be the ones with them. We are very busy but expect to be caught up on emails by Monday, in fact I am certain of it (there will be a few exceptions so please I know nobody likes waiting but if you're not being served it just means somebody else is). And we are sorry the payment processor keeps getting delayed we are doing everything we can to get it to you as fast as possible, rest assured we are committed to it so it will happen. We do see an increasing desire for an update and we will be releasing one either today or tomorrow; not the big one with all the specs but an update nonetheless.

Cheers

Why even bother posting this nonsense?
^^lmfao

Fiaz FINALLY posts on the forums just to let us know we're about to be underwhelmed. Not to mention the rest of the BS in that post. I'm honestly surprised there are still customers buying this crap.
wilson1973

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:46:02 PM

So, in responding to all emails by Monday, I wonder if this also means deal with all refund requests by then also.

Would like to see an update from all those requesting a refund on Monday to see if they got a positive response.

Fingers crossed, I feel smoke and mirrors coming on....
vesperwillow

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:49:05 PM

Hard to believe he'll keep his word. Last time he posted in here was on a Thursday as well, and promised a followup of more info on Friday (next day). And he never returned.

Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: