Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:40:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 528991 times)
lucaing

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:53:50 PM

i asked them the refund of my 250 MH/S preorder. After weeks they give me back through Paypal the 50% less 70£..

Lips sealed
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 02:06:32 PM

Well even though fiaz doesn't post here anymore he does read these posts and chooses to not to provide proof or defend his position.
Yeah didn't he post recently here after the Moss Side story ? A one liner that didn't address any of the other issues but simply asserted that their office wasn't in Moss Side, it was a few city blocks away from Moss Side ?
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:13:02 PM

Can you hear that?  That's the sound of the Fat Lady warming up fellas.  This train-wreck of a ride is bound to end soon.  And not for any of our good I suspect.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:24:58 PM

More posts being removed / deleted. Always a good sign.

Have any refunds been issued recently, in the past couple weeks?

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 06:12:46 PM

Why would anyone trust a company that works out of this office?

- -

kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:17:06 PM

Actually, you signed a contract that specifically states you are NOT entitled to compensation for their negligence. 

But if it contradicts consumer law, then the contract isn't valid. That's like saying you can commit a criminal act just because a contract says you can. It's erroneous. Their legal team blurb is nonsense. You take their T&Cs to a real lawyer and they'll tear it apart.

I realize that here in the USA contract law tends to be much stricter than in other parts of the world.  Even so, I would be very curious what part of UK law you are referring to when you say such a clause is illegal.  Do you actually have a law in mind (and if so, which one) or are you just talking out of your ass?  Again, I realize this is coming from the USA and not the UK, but virtually every warranty you get here specifically excludes compensation for incidental damages (example, you buy a server and it breaks.  They can be made to pay for the server, but not the money you lost from not having a working server).  They have been consistently upheld by the courts, and in most cases so have TOSs.  Now we do know that UK law makes their clause about no returns illegal, but I would be very surprised if you had a law that makes it illegal to bar incidental damages.  I'm always willing to learn though, which law do you speak of?

But see here is the thing, and this is why this sort of shit continues to happen.  Now, I will be the first to say these AT guys are a bunch of scumbags.  In fact, I HAVE been saying it the whole time.  But at the same time, isn't there at least some level of personal responsibility that goes into this?  I mean, you read a contract where they write right into the contract that they can purposefully rip you off and they are not responsible, legal or illegal, that didn't give anyone pause before sending them thousands of dollars?  The fact that exactly 0 of these preorders have ever gone well for the customer, that didn't give anyone pause?  I mean, GAW miners just released yet another one of these preorders about a week ago and I have seen some of the same people who got ripped off here, post over there that they preordered from them.  It's like, wtf really?

Well, I don't know about the US law, but in the UK, under the sales & goods act, the product has to be fit for purpose. If it breaks because it's a piece of badly made garbage, then the product does not meet your expectations, and is therefore covered under that condition. If the product specifications do not match what's been advertised, again, same principle applies.

USA laws are tough but currently not being enforced....Butterfly Labs has been 10 months behind on both 65mm and current 28mm products consistently since around nov 2012....w/o out any enforcement ..money talks in usa ....so likely alpha and others looked at hashfast / bfl / etc and figured they had little to lose if it all went 'poof' in the nite..they are likely correct at least in usa

Searing

UK laws seem pretty clear to me, they are obligated to give a full refund, even if by some miracle they deliver a product you'd still have 7-days from delivery to return it and still get a full refund.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations
cerberre

Activity: 76

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:20:34 PM

Thanks for this link.

This is clearly what I intend to do. Return it straightaway.

I advise everyone to contact the ombudsman association as soon as possible.

!!!! They banned me permanently from their forum because I raised my concerns and asked for a refund !!!!

In the UK:
Citizens Advice Consumer Service Tel. 08454 040506

http://www.ombudsmanassociation.org/contact.php

We need to contact the ombudsman as soon as possible before they disappear with the money.

brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:36:29 PM

Actually, you signed a contract that specifically states you are NOT entitled to compensation for their negligence. 

But if it contradicts consumer law, then the contract isn't valid. That's like saying you can commit a criminal act just because a contract says you can. It's erroneous. Their legal team blurb is nonsense. You take their T&Cs to a real lawyer and they'll tear it apart.

I realize that here in the USA contract law tends to be much stricter than in other parts of the world.  Even so, I would be very curious what part of UK law you are referring to when you say such a clause is illegal.  Do you actually have a law in mind (and if so, which one) or are you just talking out of your ass?  Again, I realize this is coming from the USA and not the UK, but virtually every warranty you get here specifically excludes compensation for incidental damages (example, you buy a server and it breaks.  They can be made to pay for the server, but not the money you lost from not having a working server).  They have been consistently upheld by the courts, and in most cases so have TOSs.  Now we do know that UK law makes their clause about no returns illegal, but I would be very surprised if you had a law that makes it illegal to bar incidental damages.  I'm always willing to learn though, which law do you speak of?

But see here is the thing, and this is why this sort of shit continues to happen.  Now, I will be the first to say these AT guys are a bunch of scumbags.  In fact, I HAVE been saying it the whole time.  But at the same time, isn't there at least some level of personal responsibility that goes into this?  I mean, you read a contract where they write right into the contract that they can purposefully rip you off and they are not responsible, legal or illegal, that didn't give anyone pause before sending them thousands of dollars?  The fact that exactly 0 of these preorders have ever gone well for the customer, that didn't give anyone pause?  I mean, GAW miners just released yet another one of these preorders about a week ago and I have seen some of the same people who got ripped off here, post over there that they preordered from them.  It's like, wtf really?

Well, I don't know about the US law, but in the UK, under the sales & goods act, the product has to be fit for purpose. If it breaks because it's a piece of badly made garbage, then the product does not meet your expectations, and is therefore covered under that condition. If the product specifications do not match what's been advertised, again, same principle applies.

USA laws are tough but currently not being enforced....Butterfly Labs has been 10 months behind on both 65mm and current 28mm products consistently since around nov 2012....w/o out any enforcement ..money talks in usa ....so likely alpha and others looked at hashfast / bfl / etc and figured they had little to lose if it all went 'poof' in the nite..they are likely correct at least in usa

Searing

UK laws seem pretty clear to me, they are obligated to give a full refund, even if by some miracle they deliver a product you'd still have 7-days from delivery to return it and still get a full refund.

For the tenth time, he wasn't looking for a refund, he was looking for compensatory damages above and beyond the full full refund.
kebabman

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:42:58 PM

Yeah well that's clearly not going to happen. But it's useful to people to know they are entitled to a full refund regardless of what AT's bullshit "contract" says.

This reddit was interesting...maybe someone can ask this guy to go back and pay them another visit? I bet they don't speak to him this time.

http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinmining/comments/1uveun/alpha_technologys_scam_team_akram_akram_akram_and/

Did anyone manage to find the reddit with the email from Drexel Designs that was mentioned?
brian_23452

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:48:22 PM

Yeah well that's clearly not going to happen. But it's useful to people to know they are entitled to a full refund regardless of what AT's bullshit "contract" says.

This reddit was interesting...maybe someone can ask this guy to go back and pay them another visit? I bet they don't speak to him this time.

http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinmining/comments/1uveun/alpha_technologys_scam_team_akram_akram_akram_and/

Did anyone manage to find the reddit with the email from Drexel Designs that was mentioned?

I know someone posted in here a while back complete instructions on how to file a claim with whatever regulatory body in the UK handles these sorts of things.  So anyone looking for a refund should scroll back and look for that. 
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:07:24 PM

Why would anyone trust a company that works out of this office?

- -

Is this a real picture ? Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:07:05 AM

'Fraid so.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:18:16 AM

'Fraid so.

I love the irony of the ADT boxes on the outside to protect the business from the criminals on the street while the real criminals are free to commit their crimes on the inside.
RainMan28

Activity: 89

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:46:06 AM

Even if you're entitled to a refund by UK law, it makes no difference if they claim they have no money left.

These guys are crooks, they've probably already devised a way to hide the money, either in BTC, or by having family members hold on to it or putting it in some other business.

Alpha Tech will simply declare bankruptcy and they'll never pay a dime.

BTC: 18BEi5vPrPPYETiQt5eG9Sjjyt9DHorfYq
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:54:15 AM

Even if you're entitled to a refund by UK law, it makes no difference if they claim they have no money left.

These guys are crooks, they've probably already devised a way to hide the money, either in BTC, or by having family members hold on to it or putting it in some other business.

Alpha Tech will simply declare bankruptcy and they'll never pay a dime.

......well they were accountants after all.  Creative accounting?  Wink

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 02:05:14 AM

Anyone know when they next file accounts with Companies House ?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:25:05 AM

Searing

As a comparison USA laws are even more clear on what is fraud etc yet BFL has not shipped a product w/in 10 months since dec 2013 and now...so
it is a matter of enforcement....in the USA there is very little real consumer protection imho ....hopefully this is not the case in the UK (but don't count on
it)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
brian_23452

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:55:58 AM

Searing

As a comparison USA laws are even more clear on what is fraud etc yet BFL has not shipped a product w/in 10 months since dec 2013 and now...so
it is a matter of enforcement....in the USA there is very little real consumer protection imho ....hopefully this is not the case in the UK (but don't count on
it)

Searing

Um, what USA law was not enforced?
kebabman

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:02:01 AM

You guys should order through www.x-hash.com instead. I've already received 1 blade and have just ordered another.

link: http://www.x-hash.com/go?url=EX4RZF8pUnAXKlUoRDgUaQtxCioBLEk2AikTe0V2DCsFahY5UzJCf08lBHkJKglxFHYCekEgFn1cOwdjQnUAKBUgTnYCMA%3D%3D

Yeah no thanks.

Activity: 207
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:09:33 AM

Just an update,
   After receiving 3 different emails from Alpha with 2 differing refund amounts, I finally received this message today.

"Hello there,

Your order has been successfully refunded. Please allow 1-5 working days for this payment to clear."

This was in response to an email I sent clarifying that I was indeed inside of the 75% purchase period. So, here's hoping?

If you remember previously, the order was placed on March 28th and cancelled on June 7th.
I'll update everyone if the transfer goes through and if it's for the correct amount!

EDIT: Received another email saying that a note was added to my account. The note reads "refunded 537.50" which is the correct amount so long as they issued it in GBP. So, there's that.

Hell has frozen over. I received my 75% return.
That is all.

I am officially done with this chapter.
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: