Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:24:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529007 times)
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:15:09 AM

From 'The Doctor', server manager/admin on the alpha-t forum, trying to quell the riot regarding unavailability of a credit card processor: ( https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=687.100 )

"But I must point out I cannot go in to full details due to the policies of some of the involved processors during negotiation…"

The Doctor writes just like Fiaz … sounds like either a relative or a sock puppet but he claims his name is 'Liroy'. This guy's name and style seems familiar … wasn't there a guy with a name like that hired to manage public relations and run the bitcointalk topic of another bitcoin miner scam a few months ago that got moved into some backwater here by an admin ?

WTF.  Credit card processor want to keep dealings quite during negotiation?!?!?!  What kind of BU!!SH*T is THAT?!?!?!  I've never freaking hear of that ever happening.  Credit card processors are services not FARKING partnerships.  You aren't doing doing a trade negotiation!  What?  Do you think because you publicly announce you are using Frontier Processing that the deal is ruined and its going to cause a hostile takeover of their corporation?!?!  Does it mean that if AT concludes the deal that it will prevent other ASIC manufacturers from establishing deals with teh processor?!?! 

Seriously the crap that comes out of their mouths theses days.  They have ran dry of excuses and they are digging so deep that they are pulling their tounges out of their own arses.

These guys are not big enough to negotiate AND they are a mining manufacturer (so they say).  They don't negotiate with a processor.  They BEG a processor to take them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DumDumz

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:29:49 AM

There are just too many unanswered questions.

Plus I think they are feeling the pressure, presumably from this forum, and closing their gates with their sudden deadline. I hope for all of you who put down a deposit, that I am wrong. This thing just looks too shady.  Tongue

Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:10:27 AM

Either they'll admit that they can't produce the units, and let the shitstorm commence, or judging by the way they behave, come up with some elaborate BS as to why the units are going to be delayed for a few more months. I'm willing to bet it's the latter.

At this stage, I'm expecting them to string people along as much as possible, until it's too late for them to get refunds, or to form an angry mob. The stone walling, the cryptic responses, and the lack of any sort of defence all adds up. Personally, if it were me, I'd be cutting my losses. But that's just my opinion of the situation. I was sceptical from the start.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:11:19 AM

Either they'll admit that they can't produce the units, and let the shitstorm commence, or judging by the way they behave, come up with some elaborate BS as to why the units are going to be delayed for a few more months. I'm willing to bet it's the latter.

At this stage, I'm expecting them to string people along as much as possible, until it's too late for them to get refunds, or to form an angry mob. The stone walling, the cryptic responses, and the lack of any sort of defence all adds up. Personally, if it were me, I'd be cutting my losses.

just shoot a missile on the company building

~CfA~

Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:12:43 AM

At this stage, I'm expecting them to string people along as much as possible, until it's too late for them to get refunds, or to form an angry mob. The stone walling, the cryptic responses, and the lack of any sort of defence all adds up. Personally, if it were me, I'd be cutting my losses.

just shoot a missile on the company building

~CfA~

Looking at the state of the "company building", a strong gale would probably knock it down. For a company that's taken so much money to have what amounts to a grubby little corner shop just speaks volumes.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Phorna

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:13:58 AM

Now that GAW have upgraded all VaultBreakers to 750mhs and are offering batch 2 VaultBreakers for $6999, I wonder what kind of competitive response we will see from alpha-t and others ?

Well, so far they have used ZEUS chips. 55 nm energy hungry disaster. Even Gridseeds' dual chips are more energy efficient.
If these chips are the same no response is needed. Power usage alone will kill them and by 750 Mhs the execution will be quick.
It's all about energy usage. After all, the prices will tend to power costs regardless of used devices.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:38:28 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 11:25:47 AM by Searing

Now that GAW have upgraded all VaultBreakers to 750mhs and are offering batch 2 VaultBreakers for $6999, I wonder what kind of competitive response we will see from alpha-t and others ?

Well, so far they have used ZEUS chips. 55 nm energy hungry disaster. Even Gridseeds' dual chips are more energy efficient.
If these chips are the same no response is needed. Power usage alone will kill them and by 750 Mhs the execution will be quick.
It's all about energy usage. After all, the prices will tend to power costs regardless of used devices.

Well if alpha falls thru (ie don't get refund of my $667 or whatever) I do have a KNC Titan on order (no refund) so will ride this
Scrypt asic out as best I can

sure hope this guy is correct....Alts could ride bitcoin like a world class Hawaiian wave right to the $$$ beach

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/currency/10960012/Bitcoin-price-to-hit-2000-by-end-of-the-year.html

then again when was the last time we heard anyone predict such a thing (er wait a min last fall)

good to have dreams even if I do get reamed by getting scrypt miners...(eventually I  will learn or go broke I guess)

again nothing from alpha to amex which is not a good sign considering it has been 3 weeks and Amex seems to have asked about the
purchase via a FRAUD warning to the merchant...just looked at paypal (which closed it was over 45 days amex musta flag'd them)
but that is what the dispute said from amex)

anyway ....no contact at all on a a 'possible' fraud use of card? not even a 'huh' ..that does not bode well for a normal company response
from a credit card company's initial contact does it (unless they are getting a sh*tlo*d of requests like this 'tagged' this way initially?)

the mystery deepens (or not depending on if you think I'm gonna lose my $$$ or not..flip a coin.....)

Searing

Heh!  NEWS FLASH!!!! Heh!

Well I guess times must be tough on www.alpha-t.net forums...JUST GOT BANNED..er like FOREVER...sigh it is to be expected I guess....pretty sure it was
not for anything I posted on their forums specifically ...but probably from what I posted on here....big whoop...if they were legit they would have
not banned me and just shipped the miners on 7/15/2014 as they stated 'shipping will start' this last year
(4 days from now) that sure woulda put me in my place! Woulda showed me by golly!
(no toys for Searing!)

(er wait a min ..no prototype..no cc payment in place...no announcement since 6/20/2014 of anything...posts being deleted from alpha forums
mysterious banning....er crap...they are BFL... the UK branch...argh..it all makes sense now.....well good to know I got some people to try
and get a credit card charge back...works or not at least I was/we are 'annoying' ...hopefully this cc charge back works out for most
of us and we get them for some real $$$....

I mean we pay 30% down with paypal then Alpha expects us to pay 70% remaining with no paypal protection
or option to use a credit card..er sorry....that don't seem to work from a TOS point of view according to my credit card company..who
fully understood WHY I wanted a charge back and agreed with my dispute...now whether there is any $$$ left to get back via my
nice Amex bloodhound cc company... is another issue....well hell I can 'write off"  the equip as a 'fraud loss' I'll likely only be stuck after a few years of dribbling
that down $450 bucks..equip depreciation not arrived wise....so can get that $250 applied to 'real tax $$ owed....but again w/o
Amex coming thur....still will be $450 out of pocket.....live and learn and as stated above 3 weeks and no reply to Amex''s Initial
request for info on disputed charge..and as stated above they have a 'Fraud Tag" on the dispute from what I can tell from paypal
closed dispute (over 45 days) process of the above.

Here is what it looks like more or less ..pretty plain jane way to ban someone..I expected at least a virtual firing squad or some such
I mean they can't even kick me off their forums with anything but a minimal effort!

anyway here is how it looks to get banned on alpha when you try to sign in

Alpha Technology                                                                                      July 11, 2014, 11:59:48 AM
                                                                                                                  News:

Welcome to the Alpha Technology forum!
                                                           An Error Has Occurred!
                                                           Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
                                                           This ban is not set to expire.
                                                                             (Back)

er just like the above on a white background

hmm...first I was the 2nd guy banned on BFL shoutbox/forum (after rocky raccoon) now somewhere in the middle of the pack
banned from alpha ..the 2nd not even for anything I likely posted on their forums but likely from stuff posted here....it can't
be me right?....I mean I should wait a 1 yr and 20 days from BFL to get my $8.5k back? (man was i lucky) I should put 30% down under
paypal protection and pay the 70% left with no paypal protection anymore and no option for credit card protection..right? Just
on their word? (yep must be me...damn serfs are getting uppity out there in the shire)...

well only have KNC forum left to go...(got a Titan no refund...I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed as you can see
from the above)..I suppose when they send me a box of parts that don't work I'll get banned there too

well good to have goals...

I may yet reach the 'Triple Crown" of ASIC forum 'banning" ..........ah the fame the glory

the actual "wtf" moments....memories!

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:04:24 AM

Fiaz is missing in action with ISIS in Iraq
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:27:39 PM

sure hope this guy is correct....Alts could ride bitcoin like a world class Hawaiian wave right to the $$$ beach

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/currency/10960012/Bitcoin-price-to-hit-2000-by-end-of-the-year.html

117% speculation, there's no reason for it to inflate. Would rather it remain stable.

Seems like more and more of the sensible folks who are questioning alpha, are being banned on the forums.

Never trust a company who bans its customers for asking questions. That's all you need to know about the company.

SaintRocketis

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:29:12 PM

FYI All,
I was one of the first ones to jump on the Alpha bandwagon several months ago and I paid my 30% via paypal.
Anyway, after seeing the way they stopped providing updates, the way they treat paying customers, and the shady way they act, I called my credit card a couple of weeks ago and initiated a charge back.

Got a call from my credit card last night and they said that they've attempted to contact Alpha and haven't had any responses, therefore the money has been yanked and I've been fully credited.  Screw them and their no refund after 5 months baloney.

If you've paid by credit card, there is still hope.  If you paid a deposit by other means, I wish you luck.  Alpha is a fraud.  We expected them to ship highly advanced scrypt miners and they can't even get the phone fixed.
benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:53:26 PM

heh LOL put a travel ban on him ROFL
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:48:46 PM

To be fair, all they said was post your suspiscions. Most countries ask you to do the same thing.

And with a group who's taken in thousands (hundreds of thousands?) with nothing to show for it, the fact they're operating outside of the law, and have contacts to the middle-east.. are you really going to question someone who says, contact the authorities if you feel you have a reason?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:57:14 PM

FYI All,
I was one of the first ones to jump on the Alpha bandwagon several months ago and I paid my 30% via paypal.
Anyway, after seeing the way they stopped providing updates, the way they treat paying customers, and the shady way they act, I called my credit card a couple of weeks ago and initiated a charge back.

Got a call from my credit card last night and they said that they've attempted to contact Alpha and haven't had any responses, therefore the money has been yanked and I've been fully credited.  Screw them and their no refund after 5 months baloney.

If you've paid by credit card, there is still hope.  If you paid a deposit by other means, I wish you luck.  Alpha is a fraud.  We expected them to ship highly advanced scrypt miners and they can't even get the phone fixed.

well amex has not heard from them in 3 weeks i would suspect after 30 days I hopefully??? will also have this happen...(not sure how
it all works amex says they take care of all and are mum about how....got quite snippy when I asked...whatever works (hitmen/witches/aliens?)

so I now just STFU and wait.....feel quite 'damsel like'

Searing

p.s. it is now only 4 DAYS till they start shipping units....ROFLAO ... heh ..funny how them posts disappeared huh?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
wilson1973

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:27:53 PM

Well if alpha falls thru (ie don't get refund of my $667 or whatever) I do have a KNC Titan on order (no refund) so will ride this
Scrypt asic out as best I can

then again when was the last time we heard anyone predict such a thing (er wait a min last fall)

good to have dreams even if I do get reamed by getting scrypt miners...(eventually I  will learn or go broke I guess)

again nothing from alpha to amex which is not a good sign considering it has been 3 weeks and Amex seems to have asked about the
purchase via a FRAUD warning to the merchant...just looked at paypal (which closed it was over 45 days amex musta flag'd them)
but that is what the dispute said from amex)

anyway ....no contact at all on a a 'possible' fraud use of card? not even a 'huh' ..that does not bode well for a normal company response
from a credit card company's initial contact does it (unless they are getting a sh*tlo*d of requests like this 'tagged' this way initially?)

the mystery deepens (or not depending on if you think I'm gonna lose my $$$ or not..flip a coin.....)

Searing

Heh!  NEWS FLASH!!!! Heh!

Well I guess times must be tough on www.alpha-t.net forums...JUST GOT BANNED..er like FOREVER...sigh it is to be expected I guess....pretty sure it was
not for anything I posted on their forums specifically ...but probably from what I posted on here....big whoop...if they were legit they would have
not banned me and just shipped the miners on 7/15/2014 as they stated 'shipping will start' this last year
(4 days from now) that sure woulda put me in my place! Woulda showed me by golly!
(no toys for Searing!)

(er wait a min ..no prototype..no cc payment in place...no announcement since 6/20/2014 of anything...posts being deleted from alpha forums
mysterious banning....er crap...they are BFL... the UK branch...argh..it all makes sense now.....well good to know I got some people to try
and get a credit card charge back...works or not at least I was/we are 'annoying' ...hopefully this cc charge back works out for most
of us and we get them for some real $$$....

I mean we pay 30% down with paypal then Alpha expects us to pay 70% remaining with no paypal protection
or option to use a credit card..er sorry....that don't seem to work from a TOS point of view according to my credit card company..who
fully understood WHY I wanted a charge back and agreed with my dispute...now whether there is any $$$ left to get back via my
nice Amex bloodhound cc company... is another issue....well hell I can 'write off"  the equip as a 'fraud loss' I'll likely only be stuck after a few years of dribbling
that down $450 bucks..equip depreciation not arrived wise....so can get that $250 applied to 'real tax $$ owed....but again w/o
Amex coming thur....still will be $450 out of pocket.....live and learn and as stated above 3 weeks and no reply to Amex''s Initial
request for info on disputed charge..and as stated above they have a 'Fraud Tag" on the dispute from what I can tell from paypal
closed dispute (over 45 days) process of the above.

Here is what it looks like more or less ..pretty plain jane way to ban someone..I expected at least a virtual firing squad or some such
I mean they can't even kick me off their forums with anything but a minimal effort!

anyway here is how it looks to get banned on alpha when you try to sign in

Alpha Technology                                                                                      July 11, 2014, 11:59:48 AM
                                                                                                                  News:

Welcome to the Alpha Technology forum!
                                                           An Error Has Occurred!
                                                           Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
                                                           This ban is not set to expire.
                                                                             (Back)

er just like the above on a white background

hmm...first I was the 2nd guy banned on BFL shoutbox/forum (after rocky raccoon) now somewhere in the middle of the pack
banned from alpha ..the 2nd not even for anything I likely posted on their forums but likely from stuff posted here....it can't
be me right?....I mean I should wait a 1 yr and 20 days from BFL to get my $8.5k back? (man was i lucky) I should put 30% down under
paypal protection and pay the 70% left with no paypal protection anymore and no option for credit card protection..right? Just
on their word? (yep must be me...damn serfs are getting uppity out there in the shire)...

well only have KNC forum left to go...(got a Titan no refund...I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed as you can see
from the above)..I suppose when they send me a box of parts that don't work I'll get banned there too

well good to have goals...

I may yet reach the 'Triple Crown" of ASIC forum 'banning" ..........ah the fame the glory

the actual "wtf" moments....memories!

Searing

I imagine the ban may have come about from them finding out about the charge back and relating it to your order ?
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:39:51 PM

I never registered on their forum, so they don't know what IP to ban. Grin not much worth reading though to be honest...

I just got in touch with Discover card to inquire about my disputed charge, they also haven't hear anything back despite repeated attempts to contact Alpha Technologies. When it hits 30-days of no contact the dispute automatically goes in my favor, so just keep doing what you're doing please AT. Smiley

No reply from Eric Gunn on LinkedIn yet btw...
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:17:55 PM

I never registered on their forum, so they don't know what IP to ban. Grin not much worth reading though to be honest...

I just got in touch with Discover card to inquire about my disputed charge, they also haven't hear anything back despite repeated attempts to contact Alpha Technologies. When it hits 30-days of no contact the dispute automatically goes in my favor, so just keep doing what you're doing please AT. Smiley

No reply from Eric Gunn on LinkedIn yet btw...

These credit card companies doing charge backs on Alpha-Tech doesn't bode well for their getting a Payment Gateway.  No processor will touch them with a 10 foot pole.  I don't know how they could be in negotiations.  Maybe not negotiations, maybe its like begging and pleading any processor to pick them.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 10:04:35 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 11:49:25 PM by s1gs3gv

Sounds like Alpha-t is locked down in radio silence just waiting for the incoming STHTF

Photos removed, posts removed, accounts removed, sock puppets, evidence of past promises erased … 'we can not provide an update just whenever … it is for your own good' … 'if you don't get an answer to your question it is because we are serving other customers' … 'we'll have a credit card processor soon' … 'any day now' … 'soon' … 'photos ? sorry we don't want to risk letting our competitors know what we are doing' … 'it is for your own good' … 'don't forget to pay your invoice soon' … 'be patient' … 'we have your own interests at heart' … 'we can not provide an update whenever you like' … ' we'll provide a proper update soon' …  'soon' … 'soon' … 'very soon' … we're shipping from July 15 to July 31 … soon … soon … soon … erm … negotiations with the payment processors have broken down because they do not understand the bitcoin world … we had no idea this would happen … just go ahead a wire us the rest of the money or we will sell your machine to someone else and keep your deposit because 5 months have passed … it is in our terms of sale and we have had legal council from the best that Moss Side can provide ..."

Hey, who knows, maybe they'll start shipping a VaultBreaker Killer in the next 4 days …

You never know … stranger things have happened.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 11:34:27 PM

Alpha-t is now like a deer in the headlights of an 18 wheeler (articulated lorry to you Brits) on a late dark night barreling down the I290 in the Hill Country of Texas ...

Except Alpha-T isn't a deer, its a bunch of young 'uns trying out their hand at an adult business.
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:05:14 AM

I was sifting through the coindesk archived articles to catch up on what I missed and I saw this little gem....

[Alpha Technology] ...also stated that a more substantial update is pending, and issued a second apology to those who have been seeking contact with its payments team. Alpha added that it will begin contacting customers once it is able to begin processing payments, saying “we guarantee it will be before July”.
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:19:36 AM

Alpha-t is now like a deer in the headlights of an 18 wheeler (articulated lorry to you Brits) on a late dark night barreling down the I290 in the Hill Country of Texas ...

Except Alpha-T isn't a deer, its a bunch of young 'uns trying out their hand at an adult business.

Is that really how you see it?  The way I see it, they have hundreds of thousands, if not millions, if you all's money, and there is very little you can do to get it back.  All things considered, it looks like they made out rather well for themselves.  In your little analogy there, I would say that you all are the deer in the headlights, and AT is the 18 wheeler. 
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: