Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:53:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529007 times)
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:21:50 PM

Why bother with Alpha Tech anymore.....
Nexus
Re: Latest Update

« Reply #131 on: Today at 02:48:57 PM »
I'm so glad I haven't sent in my final payment yet!

Looks like I could buy a 250mh/s unit right now from zoom hash and get it in 5 days for just about the same as my remaining 70% deposit.

Never preorder!!!!  ALpha is no where's near delivery and there are already SHIPPING units for less than you are paying for a Viper. 

Instead of paying your 70% just buy a unit from zoomhash and get it in 5 days!!!

28-30 Mh/s unit (minus required 1200wPS & Raspberry Pi) for $849!
Guess you are right. These unit seem to use quite a bit of power though.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 10:33:59 PM

I cant find the mentioned zoomhash miner units on their website?

retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:40:13 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 01:43:21 AM by retro72

So according to "The Doctor" (Liroy Van to you and I) Alpha should have CC payments ready for tomorrow or Monday:

TheDoctor
Server Manager
Administrator

Re: Final payment and due date?

« Reply #24 on: Today at 12:09:00 AM »
Quote from: DRCR on July 12, 2014, 03:39:32 AM
Still waiting
That's the spirit, thank you for your patience.

For accepting credit card payments; I have been working very hard with Alpha and multiple acquirers to speed up our ability to process credit cards. Some large hurdles have been overcome, and I have finished my technical fun today accordingly.

Ok, "fun" is a lie. The API of the CC processor wasn't working very well initially and didn't understand the enhanced encryption measures through checkout after order.
However, after a bit of bug fixing and triple checks: we're almost done!

I'm happy to note that credit card processing at this point is functioning for VISA, MasterCard and AMEX. Smiley

So why is it not available to you yet?
I have two smalls quirks left to fix: random errors in Google Chrome and a random false-positive on the firewall.
Relatively easy to fix and pretty much not "blocker" bugs, but I rather have everything 100% sorted than launching a system of which I know there are two bugs left that could cause inconvenience to you. Nothing but perfection! Smiley

As such:
Best case scenario: tomorrow (Sunday), the CC processing will be available.
Worst case scenario: CC processing will be available late Monday evening.

I will release a more official note and more (technical) details along with the actual launch of the processing ability.

Have fun Smiley

Funnily enough though Fiaz can't give a date on shipping and the much promised update:

Fiaz Malik
Administrator

Re: Available options as of July 8th, 2014?

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:29:19 AM »

Quote from: CARoss on July 08, 2014, 01:40:00 PM
I've been very patient, and have tried to keep up on most of the forum - but I must admit it is very difficult.  There is a lot of anger and F.U.D. being spread around.  I'd like to get an official answer to my questions below by a company representative:

What is best guess on a ship date for the Viper miner?
What are the options for payment that are available to us?
What options for refund do we have at this stage?
Is there an official method of transferring our existing pre-order to someone else?
1. I can't give you a guess, please just give us some time, there will be an update soon. I know this isn't what you want to hear but it is all I can tell you right now.
2. Bank Transfer, Bitpay, Credit Card soon
3. Depends email payments.
4. No

It seems Alpha are trying desperately to get customers to pay in full BEFORE they release an update. That really doesn't pass the smell test. IF they do manage to get a CC processor in place, you should have two weeks to pay. If you are an Alpha customer I would suggest you do not give them a penny until you see a working prototype. Two weeks from Monday will be 28th July. If they do not have a prototype by then, forget seeing a miner before KNC delivers, then you can kiss the slim chance you have of making ROI goodbye.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 01:16:25 AM

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:56:18 AM

if they start shipping in 3 days im gonna laugh my ass off

me too...even thou i did not send in the remaining 70% of my order and "probably" will get a chargeback on the other 30% from amex

it would be "well played alhpa ...well played...."

on the other hand I have a Titan coming 1st batch ...so this was ordered before the Titan was even offered....

so yeay they pull it off I'll give them kudo's but if they did something like that I'd fire everyone in PR from forums to News to whatever....that would
still be the worse clust*f*ck and cost them money...a little bit of communication on "jeez we an't sure but we sure are trying' would have made
a difference in my order..INTENT matters.....TRANSPARENCY MATTERS...

So even if they did pull this out at the last minute..it still would be kinda an epic fail in the orders they could have kept

then again with the info we have the odds are me getting a chargeback and not sending in the other 70% is the wise move

don't like guessing and lottery odds on getting a product I've put 30% down already don't ya know (thus the cc option on paypal ..duh!)

er and still can't think of anything I posted the actual 'alpha forums' to get banned....could somebody look around that still  has
access....?

Sure reading my posts here I could see them going back to the alpha forums and me getting banned but there not so much..

could be wrong.....but curious

so it goes....3 days till shipping ...heh

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:27:01 AM

Haha, boy this has turned into quite a circus.

kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:11:43 AM

If anyone in the UK is feeling like they want more answers...

http://www.nmi.org.uk/about-us/members/details/335/silera
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 08:43:33 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 12:25:44 PM by Slipknot79

Now i got banned without any warning, just as Searing. This was my plan, i counted on this, i have been testing AT if they can deal with critical comments on their forums. They cant.
On the forum I told my story about my deleted question (do distance selling regulations apply?), coz another user of this forum thought that DSR do apply and that he will get full refund, so i told him that my question has been deleted, and that Fiaz worte me a PM with the hint to ask my question via their payments-email-adress (where you have to wait for an answer for a huge amount of days), and i told this user that i didnt write to this payments-email adress coz i dont expect an legal explanation of ATs refusal of DSR. I assume that there doesnt exist anyone respectively that AT only has squishy interpretations of the DSR. (I wrote this too)

AT employees do have a very very very weak character.

Im sure there will be an update till July 31st, but it will be only a "rest assured, the units will come soon"-update to calm down customers so they dont start filling fraud reports, its better when they pay. Dat psyocholgical games dont work here.

>>then you can kiss the slim chance you have of making ROI goodbye

You even dont have a chance to kiss it now. You never wont hit ROI, thats for sure by now. Same to batch #2 (IF they come).

Im thinking of my following strategy to leave dat sinking AT-ship, there are some possibilities:

-> Sell my account on ebay
-> Dont sell it on ebay, start a fraud report at http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/  on 1st August (will work, if a lot of people start to fill the report)
-> Waiting till unit will be delivered, return the unit to AT and demand full refund, which wont happen coz AT said so and fill out a fraud report at http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ to get full refund (after 3-4 years and some court sessions)

retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:35:50 PM

Now i got banned without any warning, just as Searing. This was my plan, i counted on this, i have been testing AT if they can manage critical comments on their forums. They cant.
On the forum I told my story about my deleted question (do distance selling regulations apply?), coz another user of this forum thought that DSR do apply and that he will get full refund, so i told him that my question has been deleted, and that Fiaz worte me a PM with the hint to ask my question via their payments-email-adress (where you have to wait for an answer for a huge amount of days), and i told this user that i didnt write to this payments-email adress coz i dont expect an legal explanation of ATs refusal of DSR. I assume that there doesnt exist anyone respectively that AT only has squishy interpretations of the DSR. (I wrote this too)

AT employees do have a very very very weak character.

Im sure there will be an update till July 31st, but it will be only a "rest assured, the units will come soon"-update to calm down customers so they dont start filling fraud reports, its better when they pay. Dat psyocholgical games dont work here.

>>then you can kiss the slim chance you have of making ROI goodbye

You even dont have a chance to kiss it now. You never wont hit ROI, thats for sure by now. Same to batch #2 (IF they come).

Im thinking of my following strategy to leave dat sinking AT-ship, there are some possibilities:

-> Sell my account on ebay
-> Dont sell it on ebay, start a fraud report at http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/  on 1st August (will work, if a lot of people start to fill the report)
-> Waiting till unit will be delivered, return the unit to AT and demand full refund, which wont happen coz AT said so and fill out a fraud report at http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ to get full refund (after 3-4 years and some court sessions)
I read your post last night and saw it get deleted. I thought it was pretty reasonable but I guess Alpha don't want their marks, I mean customers, knowing what their rights are. It seems to me there is enough evidence here to call Alpha outright crooks. Whether they started out that way or not is irrelevant at this point. Personally I always thought they were a bunch of slimey liars who would promise anything to get their hands on your money and worry about delivering it later.

Anyone stupid enough to give these crumbums another penny deserves everything they get. I would suggest anyone not prepared to write off their money start charge backs, court proceedings or round up an angry mob. Whatever it takes to get your money back, before Alpha liquidate the company and disappear with your cash. I'm sure a lot of Alpha customers will hang on until the 31st of July, hoping for a miracle, but if you do, you may find yourself the last person standing in a game of refund musical chairs.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 03:01:13 PM

i guess Eric never replied to your linkedIn message then ?

Maybe CoinDesk or CoinTelegraph or CryptoCoinsNews or someone with some public reach would be interested in contacting Eric and Fiaz for an article on Alpha-T ?
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:20:06 PM

I haven't looked at these new miners for a while now. What algorithms can they mine? if it's scrypt only what good are they these days?
micax1

Activity: 708
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:23:06 PM

So, in conclusion, it`s kind of "won`t ship in a near future" company?
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:34:26 PM

Maybe CoinDesk or CoinTelegraph or CryptoCoinsNews or someone with some public reach would be interested in contacting Eric and Fiaz for an article on Alpha-T ?

Correct, no reply yet.  Undecided
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:42:37 AM

Correct, no reply yet.  Undecided
Has anybody tried contacting this Eric Gunn via phone directly?  It's pretty obvious he probably won't be responding to any LinkedIn messages so thought I might give the direct # a try listed under Silera. 

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:49:21 AM

Well Amex informed me they are having no luck getting my 30% refund back on a Vyper....they are saying Alpha claims are gonna  ship
it just awaiting last 70% (like that is gonna happen) still claim they can keep the 30%

.not fraud..because i sent the $$$ willingly....so we will try this again with another dispute (they take around 30-45 days) so by the time they (alpha) stops dicking
around on all this with the cc companies....there will be no money left at alpah ..at which point amex says only option is legal with alpha

they did agree with me I'd be stupid to send them the last 70%..amex that is with no cc
option yet and or paypal.....so we will try another dispute on them not meeting their TOS.

ie no paypal option anymore..no cc option...no shipping....no product ...etc

well I'll get about 250 back as a loss with the tax guy over applied to real $$$ towards taxes (may take a couple years of such)
that is about it...

about 417.00 usd will be a loss

could have been worse...coulda sent in the 70% via wire xfer

anyway anyone have any luck with an 'actual' payback from amex let me know.....I'll also try your angle

anyway amex is still interested in working with me ...but i get the impression alpha goes poof..and they can do nothing to get $$$ back

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:07:42 PM

Hey Searing thanks for bad news mate

Well for me i have not approached the cc company because if i pick up the phone i would not be able to provide a valid argument. It's not end of July yet so while retro72 is 100% right in it being a game of music and chairs by end of July, there is simply no grounds for claim at the moment.

However, once the s hits the f, i'm not expecting anything less than 100% refund. Can you please clarify if you paid with regular amex? i know gold and platinum have all sorts of insurances associated with the card by default, my favorite being price protection guarantee: if i buy something and its advertised price within a given radius is much lower, they give me the difference to the lower limit (kind of rip-off protection).

Gl with TOS but i'm sure the card issuer will have to go to insurace to pay back, they can't just say the guy went bankrupt, what kind of protection is that?!
vesperwillow

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:36:36 PM

Wasn't the 15th (tomorrow) one of their projected dates for beginning shipment? Remeber back in mid-May, they had "almost completed the tapeout process".

It's 2 months later. How's that tapeout completion going?

Searing, good luck in your efforts. I would've pointed out to AMEX how AT isn't even following its own country's guidelines for consumer laws, and how they've changed their TOS several times since day 1, and how the product has changed 75% from what they originally promised to deliver.

The end product, as of their last update, won't even have its own controller unit. It'll just be like a USB Erupter--it'll need a host system. Nor will it be truly rack-mountable like they promised.

They've totally screwed you guys over.

bumface

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 03:12:13 PM

benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:16:50 PM

i hate this: verspillow you are right in what you say but also:

1. They have said that the TOS changes apply only to new customers as they open the batch
2. The final product is not similar to the original in terms of hashing speed as well. Where they shot themselves in the foot is with energy efficiency. Their best bet is someone to deliver something like the one they promised and go beg him to label some for them so they can start shipping.

So if I'm in the amex seat i would still be troubled giving you money back at this stage.
vesperwillow

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:07:23 PM

Most consumer product laws, and I believe the UK's as well, have no issue with a product being better than promised, but not getting worse.

* They claim increased hash speeds, which is a plus

So far, that's the biggest positive they are providing. Aside from that, they're removing core features (which are still on their product page and design). That's what I'm pointing out.

As to the TOS, they still are outside of the law by claiming partial refund allowance, and by claiming they only take orders from businesses.

Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: