Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:46:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 528990 times)
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:59:30 PM

Thanks2All for advices, here is email I just send them:

Hello Alpha,

1. Well I must say just again, that I'm not a business customer, I'm an individual. Ask MJAkram, your Accounts manager, he understands it , see attached Tax01. You don't even know for what I would use purchased hardware, so the statement "the hardware we are selling can only be used for mining cryptocurrencies which is a business practice according to HMRC" is completely nonsense. What if I use it for science/experimentation purposes?

2. I have no business license, I am a standart consumer and I'm not acting as a business. That's only your fradulent claim. There is NO WHERE in the HMRC does it say that mining cryptocurrencies is only a business activity. HMRC do not classify mining as a business activity, it can be done as an individual and profits treated as a Capital Gain not income. See this:
HMRC identified that all generation of profits from cryptocurrency transactions are taxable as corporate OR personal income tax.  There was not specification that the income generated was specifically corporate tax.  I hope this puts this B#$@#HIT that Fiaz is spouting to rest.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/briefs/vat/brief0914.htm

Corporation Tax, Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax treatment of Bitcoin and similar cryptocurrencies
As with any other activity, whether the treatment of income received from, and charges made in connection with, activities involving Bitcoin and other similar cryptocurrencies will be subject to Corporation Tax, Income Tax OR Capital Gains Tax depends on the activities and the parties involved.

Whether any profit or gain is chargeable or any loss is allowable will be looked at on a case-by-case basis taking into account the specific facts. Each case will be considered on the basis of its own individual facts and circumstances. The relevant legislation and case law will be applied to determine the correct tax treatment. Therefore, depending on the facts, a transaction may be so highly speculative that it is not taxable or any losses relievable.. For example gambling or betting wins are not taxable and gambling losses cannot be offset against other taxable profits.
For businesses which accept payment for goods or services in Bitcoin there is no change to when revenue is recognised or how taxable profits are calculated.
Corporation Tax: The profits or losses on exchange movements between currencies are taxable. For the tax treatment of virtual currencies, the general rules on foreign exchange and loan relationships apply. We have not at this stage identified any need to consider bespoke rules.

For companies, exchange movements are determined between the company’s functional currency (usually the currency in which the accounts are prepared) and the other currency in question. If there is an exchange rate between Bitcoin and the functional currency then this analysis applies. Therefore no special tax rules for Bitcoin transactions are required. The profits and losses of a company entering into transactions involving Bitcoin would be reflected in accounts and taxable under normal Corporation Tax rules.

Income Tax: The profits and losses of a non-incorporated business on Bitcoin transactions must be reflected in their accounts and will be taxable on normal income tax rules.

Chargeable gains - Corporation Tax and Capital Gains Tax: If a profit or loss on a currency contract is not within trading profits or otherwise within the loan relationship rules, it would normally be taxable as a chargeable gain or allowable as a loss for Corporation Tax or Capital Gains Tax purposes. Gains and losses incurred on Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies are chargeable or allowable for Capital Gains Tax if they accrue to an individual OR, for Corporation Tax on chargeable gains if they accrue to a company.

3. About the terms - what terms did you fulfiled? The one about updates every week? With video and/or pictures? Or the one about project completion on 15.7.2014 (See the roadmap attachment.)? If you are going to consider your news items as contractual terms, then what about the other terms you are violating??? See the roadmap attachment.

4. There has been UK Citizens Advice Bureau contacted and they clearly explain this about distance orders:
Your rights and obligations
When you enter into a contract with a trader by means of a distance communication (telephone, internet, mail order etc.) you will often have cancellation rights under what is known as the Distance Selling Regulations. These state you are entitled to a written notice confirming the details of your order and the fact you have cancellation rights. If you have been given the notice at the time you place the order, your cancellation rights run from the time of order until  7 working days starting from the day after  you receive the goods. If you have not been provided with this written information, your cancellation rights are extended for up to 3 months and 7 working days. The trader must provide this refund within thirty days.

So as is written in my first email, I did everything according to law and now you have 30 days starting from 21.07.2014 to do a full refund to me.

Kind regards

Their answer was:
Hello there,

We are very sorry but as per our cancellation policy it has been longer
than 5 months since you placed your order therefore you are no longer
eligible for a refund.

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team

Interesting they aren't touting the HMRC designates you as a business.   Looks like they got a second legal opinion from real lawyers rather than the magic 8 ball they used previously.  Not sure if they were advised to remove it or they are really scared that they are really doing something illegal as they deleted the Tax Geek blog very quickly after the discussions here about the HMRC guidelines.

You may have support once and if Alpha Tech ever ships.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:59:44 PM

Thanks2All for advices, here is email I just send them:

Hello Alpha,

1. Well I must say just again, that I'm not a business customer, I'm an individual. Ask MJAkram, your Accounts manager, he understands it , see attached Tax01. You don't even know for what I would use purchased hardware, so the statement "the hardware we are selling can only be used for mining cryptocurrencies which is a business practice according to HMRC" is completely nonsense. What if I use it for science/experimentation purposes?

2. I have no business license, I am a standart consumer and I'm not acting as a business. That's only your fradulent claim. There is NO WHERE in the HMRC does it say that mining cryptocurrencies is only a business activity. HMRC do not classify mining as a business activity, it can be done as an individual and profits treated as a Capital Gain not income. See this:
HMRC identified that all generation of profits from cryptocurrency transactions are taxable as corporate OR personal income tax.  There was not specification that the income generated was specifically corporate tax.  I hope this puts this B#$@#HIT that Fiaz is spouting to rest.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/briefs/vat/brief0914.htm

Corporation Tax, Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax treatment of Bitcoin and similar cryptocurrencies
As with any other activity, whether the treatment of income received from, and charges made in connection with, activities involving Bitcoin and other similar cryptocurrencies will be subject to Corporation Tax, Income Tax OR Capital Gains Tax depends on the activities and the parties involved.

Whether any profit or gain is chargeable or any loss is allowable will be looked at on a case-by-case basis taking into account the specific facts. Each case will be considered on the basis of its own individual facts and circumstances. The relevant legislation and case law will be applied to determine the correct tax treatment. Therefore, depending on the facts, a transaction may be so highly speculative that it is not taxable or any losses relievable.. For example gambling or betting wins are not taxable and gambling losses cannot be offset against other taxable profits.
For businesses which accept payment for goods or services in Bitcoin there is no change to when revenue is recognised or how taxable profits are calculated.
Corporation Tax: The profits or losses on exchange movements between currencies are taxable. For the tax treatment of virtual currencies, the general rules on foreign exchange and loan relationships apply. We have not at this stage identified any need to consider bespoke rules.

For companies, exchange movements are determined between the company’s functional currency (usually the currency in which the accounts are prepared) and the other currency in question. If there is an exchange rate between Bitcoin and the functional currency then this analysis applies. Therefore no special tax rules for Bitcoin transactions are required. The profits and losses of a company entering into transactions involving Bitcoin would be reflected in accounts and taxable under normal Corporation Tax rules.

Income Tax: The profits and losses of a non-incorporated business on Bitcoin transactions must be reflected in their accounts and will be taxable on normal income tax rules.

Chargeable gains - Corporation Tax and Capital Gains Tax: If a profit or loss on a currency contract is not within trading profits or otherwise within the loan relationship rules, it would normally be taxable as a chargeable gain or allowable as a loss for Corporation Tax or Capital Gains Tax purposes. Gains and losses incurred on Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies are chargeable or allowable for Capital Gains Tax if they accrue to an individual OR, for Corporation Tax on chargeable gains if they accrue to a company.

3. About the terms - what terms did you fulfiled? The one about updates every week? With video and/or pictures? Or the one about project completion on 15.7.2014 (See the roadmap attachment.)? If you are going to consider your news items as contractual terms, then what about the other terms you are violating??? See the roadmap attachment.

4. There has been UK Citizens Advice Bureau contacted and they clearly explain this about distance orders:
Your rights and obligations
When you enter into a contract with a trader by means of a distance communication (telephone, internet, mail order etc.) you will often have cancellation rights under what is known as the Distance Selling Regulations. These state you are entitled to a written notice confirming the details of your order and the fact you have cancellation rights. If you have been given the notice at the time you place the order, your cancellation rights run from the time of order until  7 working days starting from the day after  you receive the goods. If you have not been provided with this written information, your cancellation rights are extended for up to 3 months and 7 working days. The trader must provide this refund within thirty days.

So as is written in my first email, I did everything according to law and now you have 30 days starting from 21.07.2014 to do a full refund to me.

Kind regards

Their answer was:
Hello there,

We are very sorry but as per our cancellation policy it has been longer
than 5 months since you placed your order therefore you are no longer
eligible for a refund.

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team

Which is a predefined reply. They've used it before. They don't even have the courtesy to write a custom response. They only care about what they think they can get away with.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:48:50 PM

I'm not sure why you are going to debate with them via email whether or not you're a business.  Contrary to popular belief, these people are not completely stupid.  They know quite well you aren't a business. 
But it serves their purposes quite well to have people waste time debating these and other points, and time is what they need more than anything. 
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 12:20:39 AM

Show us the Viper
ilati

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:56:58 AM

We know you are reading this AT...You will not get away with what you have done......
retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:59:06 AM

Mebbe we can make a deal with these filthy goat fuckers??? Keep all the money so long as they fuck off back to Bangladesh and free up the air in the UK. I don't want to ever taint my eyeballs seeing names like FIAZ  and MOOKBAR and MOHAMMED and  AKRAM and IQUBALL and ABDUL in the cryptocurrency world ever again. How do we go about getting these pieces of shit deported from modern society??? HEY FAZIZ MALIKFUCKBAR CAN YOU AND YOUR KIN KINDLY FUCK OFF FROM THIS ISLAND OF OURS PLEASE

You know, as much as I think these guys are appalling businessmen. How they lie to their customers, suppress criticism, and flout the law, I don't agree with racism.

They're scum, but they're scum for the way they behave. Not because of where they came from.

Attack them for their behaviour, yes, but that's where it should begin and end. I know there's a lot of hate for these guys, but there's levels we shouldn't sink to.
Well said mate.
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:43:14 AM

Saving it before fiaz deletes it.  We need to start archiving these.

Tell me about it ...the most telling way I was banned was about the time when DEXEL removed alpha from their page etc

also deafening silence...end of June I think it was ..like after their 6/20 update I think...anyway....

posted on here I was concerned because no prototype...no chip no news on tapeout...and the usual stuff here again back then we were just 'asking'
were not if I remember correctly 'over the top' as we are now when things are obviously going down hill

so essentially I was spot on with the questions....unsure of the answers then..but 'spooked' them by being (with others then)
spot on in my ramblings of what is really going on...again on this forum..

by the by I know of nothing I posted on the alpha forums to get banned back then....so they were and maybe still are banning people
on the alpha forums on what you post here

It was after the ban on the forums I went off and told everyone I was punting and sicking amex on them...but that was after the fact
when I was already banned (if I remember correctly)

the only real ..in my view ..it is likely to be a scam is the turning on cc for a week or so to suck up the last 70% of cc cash and then turning
off the cc faucet before amex and others could process refunds via the same method.....because it was thru their bank they had the power
to turn it on/off at their discretion....and they will honor refunds for those (or did when the bank was taking cc orders) of refunds of these
folks that either buying new or catching up with last 70% of refunds AT THAT BRIEF interval of time via cc thinking their cc protection would save them
so bank figures they just changed their mind....slick trick....has amex scratching head on how to get $$ back to me

anyway as stated by others here ..they have lawyered up and are going to declare bankruptcy imho ...what is being done this month
is all that they can do to protect their personal assets and let the alpha-t corp take the fall in bankruptcy (they are accountants by the by)

thus the change of the TOS and the (in the future they can say) bad lawyer advice on such...deleting of posts on alpha forum and here
so they can say it was just stupid incompetence on their part not a scam...so that the alpha t corp can take the fall and none of their
personal assets etc can be touched....ie the walk shiny new and clean after the corporation fails...if they can say they were incompetant
which looking at their track record should not be hard to prove....if the business fails for being stupid they should be protected imho
by bankruptcy laws and walk...sad to say that is how it works all the time in the USA...

they are covering their butts big time for an announcement of such imho...the 'angst' they show against all of us ...is too deep
for it to be anything else imho...they are bailing off the alpha-t corp ship as fast as possible

and as an update amex is still after them for a refund..so we will see (not hopeful) a modern corporation who can't get cc
access to pay for a product ..that shoulda been our first clue to bail probably months ago..but again the amex reps said
the same to me...you paid via paypal with cc protection you should have been protected (at least from amex's view) but
if the corp only takes bitcoin or cash (which is unheard of as far as amex is concerned if you are legit) not much they
probably can do to get my $$ back ...so me down 1/3 on a vyper 50mh coulda been worse...

Searing

x2 6.5k USD
Doing all i can to recover funds.. but as already stated.. they are fucked. And yes, they covered their ass...

What I wanna know is? Where did the money go?
retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:09:47 AM

Mebbe we can make a deal with these filthy goat fuckers??? Keep all the money so long as they fuck off back to Bangladesh and free up the air in the UK. I don't want to ever taint my eyeballs seeing names like FIAZ  and MOOKBAR and MOHAMMED and  AKRAM and IQUBALL and ABDUL in the cryptocurrency world ever again. How do we go about getting these pieces of shit deported from modern society??? HEY FAZIZ MALIKFUCKBAR CAN YOU AND YOUR KIN KINDLY FUCK OFF FROM THIS ISLAND OF OURS PLEASE

You know, as much as I think these guys are appalling businessmen. How they lie to their customers, suppress criticism, and flout the law, I don't agree with racism.

They're scum, but they're scum for the way they behave. Not because of where they came from.

Attack them for their behaviour, yes, but that's where it should begin and end. I know there's a lot of hate for these guys, but there's levels we shouldn't sink to.
Well said mate.

If they take my $50k and run like this, I can say all the racist shit I want at them. Why? Because I CAN. This is a free world and I say whatever the fuck I want. They've scammed MILLIONS mate. Would you feel safe in this day and age if YOU scammed MILLIONS? Think about the Akram Abdul "ALLAH AKHBAR" family. If I were them right now, I'd be scared shitless. I'd be deleting all the files and evidence on all my computers and also ban every asshole who dares say the truth on my forum. I'd also be packing my bags and get the fuck out of the United Kingdom. Scums will always stay scums. It's unfortunate these bastards are still on this planet alive.
No, its not a free world, otherwise, by your definition Alpha would be free to steal your money. Why? because they CAN. There are laws which govern us, the same laws no doubt you'll be using to get your $50k back. I don't know where you're from but in the UK we have laws about inciting violence and racial hatred. People have been prosecuted and imprisoned for things they have posted on twitter and facebook. So unless you want to end up in jail, I suggest you reign it in.

But hey you paid your money, you make your choice.
ilati

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:50:02 AM

Sent this to media outlets cryptocoin news and coindesk. Please write them with any information you can provide. We need to inform the community!

Hello,
I am sending this article to you because I wish to inform the public of a potential scam brewing from Alpha Technology (the first company to claim to be a scrypt asic manufacturer). It seems as if the team a AT have been quiet (no communication to the community regarding the shipping which is supposed to occur by the end of July), insulting customers (calling them ungrateful), and deleting posts (even non abrasive ones) that inquire about their lack of communication. There are theories floating around that say Alpha Technology is consulting quietly with legal council for bankruptcy options and protection from personal liability. I do not know if this is true, however, I do know that the company was recently denied access from credit card payment processors, which they were heavily relying on for the final 70% payments for the pre-order (they asked for 30% down and 70% before shipping). There are many disgruntled AT customers atm and they are seeking any type of communication from Alpha Technology. Part of this concern stems from the fact that AT has recently removed their company address and photo from their site including the names of the individuals who have founded and managed the company.

Investigator

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=314402.2320
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:40:55 AM

Negative feedback added.  Will remove should some miracle take place.  Finally decided it's time to call a spade a spade.

*Alpha-Technologies will most likely be going the way of HashFast...my advice: avoid completely

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Meanotor

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:18:13 AM

Hey 69bulldozers calm down take a deep breath mate.

1. You made those $50k the new and improved you will make $500k.
2. I'm not worried anymore, I have appointed a lawyer for my personal case, i will let you know but it takes time, lots of time, that's the beauty of it, now they get to be our bitches dragged in and out of court. But in general if money is transferred for the sake of hiding money then this is a game from 1800s. Today every penny can be followed, and there is a difference between bankruptcy and fraud. These guys can probably go bankrupt ama they want, but for fraud they will go to jail.

What i suggest is everyone stop waiting or asking for feedback and just take action. By telling you this I am compromising my chances of getting some money back because there will be more claiming their money, but by telling you this I demonstrate how they will never be able to behave, Our way.

ilati

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:43:54 AM

2. I'm not worried anymore, I have appointed a lawyer for my personal case, i will let you know but it takes time, lots of time, that's the beauty of it, now they get to be our bitches dragged in and out of court. But in general if money is transferred for the sake of hiding money then this is a game from 1800s. Today every penny can be followed, and there is a difference between bankruptcy and fraud. These guys can probably go bankrupt ama they want, but for fraud they will go to jail.

What i suggest is everyone stop waiting or asking for feedback and just take action. By telling you this I am compromising my chances of getting some money back because there will be more claiming their money, but by telling you this I demonstrate how they will never be able to behave, Our way.

Can you please guide us in a class action suite rather than just you? Are chances of success will increase dramatically and the case will be strengthened if we can do this as a group!
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:24:44 AM

Can you please guide us in a class action suite rather than just you? Are chances of success will increase dramatically and the case will be strengthened if we can do this as a group!
Would also probably hop on board a class-action lawsuit should somebody want to go through the work involved in doing it.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
hallo_frosch

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:45:07 AM

In the UK, there is nothing like a class action lawsuit.
Everyone has to fight on his own.
ilati

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:57:00 AM

How about some evidence to this claim? I do know that a UK based lawfirmby the name of Selachii is suing mt gox with a class action law suite. So explain to me why this is......
ilati

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:05:46 AM

Here's something you might find interesting:

http://www.findlaw.co.uk/law/small_business/other_small_business_topics/500573.html
ilati

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:12:37 AM

Here is where their business is located for those interested in visiting:

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.452332,-2.219297,3a,75y,151.3h,79.87t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s5BAzqXcCIAPoWaj5azXFnA!2e0

phzi

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:25:43 AM

Here is where their business is located for those interested in visiting:

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.452332,-2.219297,3a,75y,151.3h,79.87t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s5BAzqXcCIAPoWaj5azXFnA!2e0
No... that is an unrelated accounting firm on the same block

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.452255,-2.220034,3a,75y,179.88h,73.98t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1svI3Rqy6d6rt4wpTbHzDoJg!2e0!6m1!1e1
The empty unit is the Alpha-T office address (picture taken before their sign).
The unit to the right is Father Akram's accounting business - someone that was definitely a director during the company structuring and while initial deposits were taken.

On another note tho, anyone think about contacting the law firm on the street to see if they'd take your case against Alpha-T? heh... Would be interesting to see if they say they can't due to conflict of interest - I wouldn't doubt that's Alpha-T's "top international law firm", hah.
ilati

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:39:51 AM

Grin Look at the recent activity that Alpha technology has been up to about 4 days ago:

http://ukdata.com/company/08483921/ALPHA-TECHNOLOGY-(INT)-LTD

These company documents show recent filings of a statement of capital--a “snapshot” of a limited company’s issued share capital at a given time:

http://www.companylawclub.co.uk/topics/what_is_a_statement_of_capital.shtml

In addition, there is a document describing an "allotment of securities". Both of these documents
can be purchased and reviewed by anyone!!! Shocked

To me it looks as if they are moving money around to cover their asses against liitgation. They are really not that smart about it those stupid fucks...  Grin
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:47:50 AM

How about some evidence to this claim? I do know that a UK based lawfirmby the name of Selachii is suing mt gox with a class action law suite. So explain to me why this is......

Bingo!  I had forgotten about them. This is exactly who is required to take the case, in fact he even posts here!  No need to have to explain what "mining" is or what "bitcoins" are to some old stuffy advocate.  This guy is in the thick of it all right now and knows all the laws up to date regarding crypto currencies.  It is not some 2 cent amateur accountant guessing at what they are:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=507274.msg5594490#msg5594490

Everyone should either contact him individually with each complaint or collectively together. Question is how many people are no here right now involved in this and how to convey all of this to those stuck on only their forum? I must think that there are seething masses reading the AT forum silently everyday who are not even aware of bitcointalk.org.
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: