Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:24:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529005 times)
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:39:27 PM

tl;dr - so as of today. no chips. alpha did nothing for 2 months and will be missing their "guaranteed" deadline again. likely chance of never delivering anything, or having a working asic and just running away with your money/using it for their lawyers. bankruptcy very likely.
they also broke their TOS, holding people's money hostage, offering them horrible deals, coercing people, manipulating people, deceiving people. legally they have to refund 100% of all the money to those who asked or they are breaking countless laws. if they would give 2x or 3x the machines on shipping maybe people wouldn't ask for refunds but these jokers aren't planning on shipping anything- where's an asic chip and what have you done the last 2 months?

ok

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:19:12 PM

Good,  ignore me again dumbshits. Just like you ignored constant warnings before they opened up payments on this scam. I, and many others, warned that this was too good to be true. You didn't listen, now you got ripped off. Guess what, that makes you an idiot. You don't get any pity for this, there was plenty of warning. This was like buying a handmade lottery ticket from a homeless guy, you get laughed at when you tell people.

like a lab monkey that gets a cookie every time he jerks himself off.  just keeps on going and going and going.  that fuckstick has to be raw by now.

BTW, this thread has turned into an informational source for people to try to get their money back.

I know it's difficult to see with your own goo all over your screen but don't be a lazy monkey.  try to keep up with the thread you're posting on, even if it is just to increase your own hard-on. 

Aww poor you. There is no money to get back. If you are still posting here waiting for responses from alpha you are too late. You should have been demanding your money back from whatever credit card company or bank you used to make the payment months ago. There is no recovery. If you paid in bitcoin, you are done. Why is this shit so hard to believe? You guys waited until SO MANY others had already been scammed, and the other manufacturers had already ruined the market, then you decided that this completely new one must be telling the truth and sent them your money. Beyond stupid.

I did, dumbass. 

as I said, people are using this thread for a different purpose now.  you can keep posting, although most people are simply going to add you to ignore, as everything that comes from your mouth is pointless shite.

back to beating your meat in your echo chamber now.....

Did you lose all your allowance on this scam? Seriously, you write like a 12 yr old. Just like the first person that commented pointed out, a bunch of stupid 12 yr olds got screwed because they were greedy.  I don't care what you are using the thread for, it doesn't change the FACT that it was stupid to make this purchase.
danailvelikov

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:37:08 PM

I did in fact update my case yesterday.... Still waiting to hear.

With that said, I sent them an email and they offered me a 40% refund on my initial 30% down! I initially paid for 2 250's. right at 6500 USD. They offered me 40% back! Now had they said 80%, I cannot lie, i would have taken it. But then again I have over 500 USD tied up in suing them.

Retro the man!

Only time will tell what happens, but all you "I told you so" folks really need to stop. We got it. STFU! Let us that are trying to get money back do so without reading your bullshit!

Hi friend,how you get 80% of them?This is umbelieveable.When have you become this e-mail for 80 % refund?Regards 
bobthenager

Activity: 443
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 07:56:40 PM

RickJamesBTC

Do you really have nothing better to do with your life?
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 09:36:38 PM

where's an asic chip

Best ask Eric Gunn, VP of ASIC Development. Quoting from the Alpha-T website "Eric is responsible for all aspects of Alpha Technology ASIC development and supply chain including management of external design and manufacturing partners."

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/eric-gunn/0/287/59

I expect we'll get another announcement from Mohammed next week.
g6miner

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:48:38 PM

alpha just released a new update:
https://alpha-t.net/news/developmental-update-27092014/
any asic expert here to proof these pics of scrypt boards are real or fake or whatever??
g6miner

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:00:52 PM

Has anyone actually received that email from alpha? Or is it a fake e-mail? Because on the forums a bunch of purchasers have not received the Refund e-mail.
Yea, i also received dat email, aint fake. I have requested full refund back in July and after this i have filed my claim.
I am not interested in partial refund, i only accept 100% refund.
I been searchin through this thread for successful claims. Slipknot79, did you receive answer from court or any update on your case? thx
Kuikens

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:16:54 PM

New A-T update: https://alpha-t.net/news/developmental-update-27092014/

Dear valued customers,

With much regret, we unfortunately have to announce that despite our biggest efforts, it is unlikely that we are able to meet our target shipping date for September. Instead, it will slip into October.

Nonetheless, there is also very good news: we are very pleased to announce to you that the tape-out process has successfully finished. This means that we have arrived at the last phases of development, which is the testing phase. Once these tests have ensured that the hardware passes our strict quality demands, mass production of the devices will commence and shipping will start accordingly. This is a big achievement for our company, as the pressure from all the competition that has cropped up since we started has forced us to make changes in our designs to bring you an on-par product that matches or exceeds the performance of competitor products.

As far as batch one is concerned, our miner products will be some of, if not the, most power efficient devices on the market today, and will beat even our own originally quoted performance targets. We expect to have more details about that shortly.

Our chips have come out of the fab as wafers, and they are currently at the assembly house to be sawn (sliced) and packaged.

Without further ado, we proudly present our fabricated Scrypt boards. Please see the pictures of their front and back:On a different matter:

As you’re well aware, our customers are an extremely important part of our business and for that reason we have been doing our utmost best to increase the value of your order as much as reasonably possible, such as raising the hash rates whilst maintaining a good, or even better, power ratio.

We cannot express how grateful we are to you for making our work possible, and we are very delighted that you have joined us for batch one. It’s absolutely thrilling for us that we are going to be able to ship you your miners at any moment now. However, we do realize that making batch one happen has not turned out exactly as we all had hoped and planned, and just like you: we are very disappointed with that.

We really want to give back to those of you who have stuck with us through this difficult period, and reward you in the best way we can. As a result, we have designed a special loyalty scheme for all of you have completed your batch one orders. Whilst we orginally had hoped that we would be able to realize this in the form of shares, after carefull exploration of that option we have determined there are simply far too many legal ramifications for everyone, which makes it next to impossible to do it this way. Our legal and accounting team has therefore come up with another method for rewards.

All customers whom have placed an order for a 50Mh/s and/or 250Mh/s batch one Viper on or before 31 August 2014 are eligible to participate in the scheme, subject to compliance with some limited conditions which sare set out in the Scheme Rules which can be found on this page: https://alpha-t.net/loyalty-scheme-rules/

Customers willing to participate must opt in to the scheme by 31 October 2014 by completing an application form, which can be found on https://alpha-t.net/loyalty_scheme_membership_form.doc. The completed form must be e-mailed to us no later than 31 October 2014 5:00PM UK Time (GMT) on loyalty@alpha-t.net. The application form will be removed from our website after this deadline, and no further applications can be accepted.

The scheme will run for five financial years, commencing with the financial year ending 31 August 2015 and ending with the financial year ended 31 august 2020. Payment of a bonus is condititional on the Company declaring a shareholder dividend following any particular financial year end.

If a dividend is declared, a special bonus pool will be created for our scheme members which will amount to 3/7 of the value of the shareholder dividend. This pratically means the following: should the shareholder dividend amount to £70,000, the value of the bonus pool will be £30,000. The bonus pool will be shared between all members of the loyalty scheme.

The bonus pool shall be distributed amongst the eligible customers in proportion to the value of orders placed and paid for by customers. We’ve described how this work in more detail in the Scheme Rules. However, in a short explanation: essentially, if your order amounted to 1% of the value of orders received from scheme members: you will be entitled to 1% of the bonues pool. Please understand that this is a very short explanation that has no contractual effect. We urge you to read the Scheme Rules for full details on the exact working of this program.

We are very excited about giving you this option, as it demonstrates our gratitude to our customers, and our determination to make sure that our customers see a real return from their investment in Alpha Technology’s products. We have full confidence that our valued customers will be very pleased with their decision to stick by Alpha as we grow over the coming years. We hope as many of our customers as possible sign up for the loyalty bonus scheme, and we look forward to receiving your completed application forms within the shortest notice possible.

We believe that not many other start-ups that would find themselves in our shoes would have continued their business, and would have given up a long time ago without any future prospects. We hope that we have proven to you that we are more than willing to adapt to the demanding market and evolve. We have ambitious plans for the future that will be shared in due course, and as always: if we have more news for you, we will send another announcement.

Thank you for your time and patience!

Kind regards,
Mohammed Akram
Director
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 11:20:54 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 12:57:08 AM by s1gs3gv

So tape-out is finished and the wafers have been fab'd and are off to be sawed huh ?

If I recall correctly, KNC announced tape-out complete some 8-10 weeks before wafers had left the fab for dicing and packaging. Tape-out usually means that the data is ready to produce the masks used in production.

So, we've now got:

A picture of a circuit board that says Viper on it with a few capacitors soldered to it.
Another schedule slip and a new promise to ship in October.
A Loyalty Scheme plan whose enrollment closes at the end of October (coincidental).
Customers must be fully paid to enroll despite a recent statement that customers could wait to pay until they saw a prototype.

I would ask:

a) When in October are you going to ship
b) What happens if you don't
c) Why didn't you announce tape-out when it happened instead of after fab was complete
d) What kind of tests do the chips go through
e) What happens if the tests fail
f) What is the expected performance and power consumption of the chip
g) What is the overall performance and power consumption of the Viper
h) Can we wait to pay until you can demonstrate a working machine
i) How long will it take you to manufacture and ship all batch 1 machines
j) What are your RMA and warrantee procedures
k) How long will the Viper take to ROI

My personal take is that they may or may not have an Asic but they would really like to get their hands on their customer's money.

I wouldn't give these guys a dollar for a cup of coffee and expect to see my change.

Show us the Asic Mohammud

bumface

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 11:22:41 PM

there is an actual board??? there will be a real product???

Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 11:32:03 PM

Has anyone actually received that email from alpha? Or is it a fake e-mail? Because on the forums a bunch of purchasers have not received the Refund e-mail.
Yea, i also received dat email, aint fake. I have requested full refund back in July and after this i have filed my claim.
I am not interested in partial refund, i only accept 100% refund.
I been searchin through this thread for successful claims. Slipknot79, did you receive answer from court or any update on your case? thx

I ll write you a PM, Alpha is lurking here, so no tactics here on forums.

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 11:36:02 PM

If Alpha-t are shipping in October, they should be able to show large supplies of cases, boards, power supplies, heat sinks, cables, packing boxes etc.

Show us some pictures Mohammud and show us a working Viper prototype mining on multipool.us with cgminer screen shots.
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 11:43:53 PM

So the next breach of contract is official, they wont ship in Q3.

What power supplies?

Test User

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

Miner and technician

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:16:32 AM

alpha just released a new update:
https://alpha-t.net/news/developmental-update-27092014/
any asic expert here to proof these pics of scrypt boards are real or fake or whatever??

The boards look legit; or at least, they look very much how I'd expect a board to look, given the power demands for the claimed ASICs; and is consistent with the previously shown PCB layout images, and

Interestingly, rather than design their own voltage regulators, they have gone with pre-packaged modules (the big rectangular modules along the top). Probably sensible, given that building high power VRMs is a bit of a black art.

That said, if their wafers are finished, then they must have taped-out when they said they were taping-out (the July update) as 2 months is the shortest realistic time frame from tape-out finishing to wafers going for processing.

Based on other manufacturers experience, it takes about 1 1/2 weeks from wafer completion, to chips "in hand". From there, you should allow 4 weeks for assembly, testing, tuning, firmware tweaks, before shipping, and that's optimistic. KNC sent their titan wafers for cutting and encapsulation in early August. They shipped in last week of September, but early results have not been good - huge numbers of DOA miners, firmware incompatible with multipools, and loads of stability problems.

Donations welcome - BTC: 1f52PwRLHkN4w5uBY6EccKiDYqpLkh13y     DOGE: DCg65AKPG76X5LEtWCqfyRj4a6apYRHR8j
Trust: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432215.0
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 01:05:17 AM

Interestingly, rather than design their own voltage regulators, they have gone with pre-packaged modules (the big rectangular modules along the top). Probably sensible, given that building high power VRMs is a bit of a black art.

That isn't even marginally interesting. And its totally irrelevant to the issue at hand, which is that if Mohammud wants to restore his very severely tarnished credibility he needs to show us a working Viper with cgminer screenshots and then he needs to get Doggie one for review.

No review, no monez.
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:11:05 AM

The boards look legit; or at least, they look very much how I'd expect a board to look, given the power demands for the claimed ASICs; and is consistent with the previously shown PCB layout images, and

That said, if their wafers are finished, then they must have taped-out when they said they were taping-out (the July update) as 2 months is the shortest realistic time frame from tape-out finishing to wafers going for processing.

Based on other manufacturers experience, it takes about 1 1/2 weeks from wafer completion, to chips "in hand". From there, you should allow 4 weeks for assembly, testing, tuning, firmware tweaks, before shipping, and that's optimistic. KNC sent their titan wafers for cutting and encapsulation in early August. They shipped in last week of September, but early results have not been good - huge numbers of DOA miners, firmware incompatible with multipools, and loads of stability problems.

^^ This. I'd be amazed if Alpha got anything but a cobbled together Frankenminer out the door in October. Look at the Titan power draw @28nm its the thick end of 1600 watts what were Alpha 40nm? Claiming it will be "the most efficient miner on the market today" is clearly hyperbole and meaningless without testing. KNC claimed 800 watts, look how that turned out.

KNCs Titan rollout has been a disaster I see Alpha doing no better, if they ever get units out the door. As s1gs3gv says they REALLY want people to pay up. Personally I think the intend to build a massive asic farm, mine until its worthless then cash out. Paying as few dividends as possible along the way.
AlphaScotlandYard

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:22:07 AM

New A-T update: https://alpha-t.net/news/developmental-update-27092014/

Dear gullible customers,

With much chagrin, we unfortunately have to announce that despite our lamest efforts, it is impossible that we are able to meet our target shipping date for September. Instead, it will slip into October 2017

Nonetheless, there is also very good news: we are very scamming to announce to you that the tape-out process has successfully finished in our minds. This means that we have arrived at the last phases of development, which is the testing phase. Once these tests have ensured that the hardware passes our strict 2nd rate demands, mass production of the devices will commence and shipping will probably fail. This is a big achievement for our company, as the pressure from all the competition that has cropped up since we started has forced us to lie about changes in our designs to bring you an on-par product that matches or exceeds the performance of competitor products.

As far as batch one is concerned, our miner products will be some of, if not the, most power efficient devices on the market today if you close your eyes, and will beat even our own originally quoted performance targets. We expect to have more details about that next millenium.

Our chips have come out of the fab as cream wafers, and they are currently at the assembly house to be sawn (sliced) and packaged then eaten.

Without further ado, we proudly present our fabricated story Scrypt boards. Please see the pictures of their front and back:On a different matter:

As you’re well aware, our stupid customers are an extremely important part of our business scam and for that reason we have been doing our utmost best to increase the scam value of your order as much as reasonably possible, such as raising the hash rates whilst maintaining a good, or even better, power ratio. All the shit to make you excited and distract you.

We cannot express how much we are lolling at you for making our work possible, and we are very delighted that you have joined us for batch one. It’s absolutely thrilling for us that we are going to be able to destroy your miners at any moment now. However, we do realize that making batch one happen has not turned out exactly as we all had hoped and planned, and just like you: we are very disappointed with that. We wanted all your payments quicker. Our beach resort awaits.

We really want to give back to those of you who have fallen for this and stuck with us through this difficult period, and scam you in the best way we can. As a result, we have designed a special loyalty scam for all of you have completed your batch one orders. Whilst we orginally had hoped that we would be able to realize this in the form of shares, after carefull exploration of that option we have determined there are simply far too many legal ramifications for everyone, which makes it next to impossible to do it this way. A direct quote is fuck off you scammer. Our legal and accounting team has therefore come up with another scam for rewards.

All customers whom have placed an order for a 50Mh/s and/or 250Mh/s batch one Viper on or before 31 August 2014 are eligible to participate in the scam subject to compliance with some limited conditions which are set out in the Scam Rules which can be found on this page: https://alpha-t.net/loyalty-scam-rules/101

Customers dumb enough to participate must opt in to the scheme by 31 October 2014 by completing an application form, which can be found on https://alpha-t.net/loyalty_scam_membership_form.doc. The completed form must be e-mailed to us no later than 31 October 2014 5:00PM UK Time (GMT) on loyalty@alpha-t.net. The application form will be removed from our website after this deadline, and no further applications can be accepted. We will be at the beach resort by this stage.

The scheme will run for five financial years, commencing with the financial year ending 31 August 2015 and ending with the financial year ended 31 august 2020. Payment of a bonus is condititional on the Company needing additional funds to set up more elaborate scams.

If a dividend is declared, a special scam bonus pool will be created for our scam members which will amount to 3/7 of the value of the shareholder scam dividend. This pratically means the following: should the shareholder dividend amount to £70,000, the value of the bonus pool will be £30,000. The bonus pool will be shared between all members of the loyalty scheme. Confused? We hope so.

The bonus pool shall be distributed amongst the eligible customers in proportion to the value of orders placed and paid for by customers. We’ve described how this work in more detail in the Scam Rules. However, in a short explanation: you are all well and truly Fucked.

We are very excited about giving you this option, as it demonstrates our disregard to our customers, and our determination to make sure that our customers see a real scam from their investment in Alpha Technology’s products. We have full confidence that our scam customers will be very pleased with their decision to stick by Alpha as we grow even scammier over the coming years. We hope as many of our customers as possible sign up for the loyalty bonus scam, and we look forward to receiving your completed application forms within the shortest notice possible. See above. Beach resort.

We believe that not many other start-ups that would find themselves in our shoes would have continued their business scams, and would have given up a long time ago without any future prospects. We hope that we have proven to you that we are more than scammy enough to adapt to the demanding market and evolve. We have ambitious plans for the future that will never be shared in due course, and as always: if we have more news for you, we will send another announcement to distract you and give false hope.

Thank you for your time and patience! Suckers.

Kind regards

Disturbia

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:30:59 AM

This scam still going? can't believe they haven't been shut down by now.  Roll Eyes
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 01:31:55 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 01:55:52 AM by s1gs3gv

Perhaps Mohammud would agree to meet personally with his Loyalty Club at a time and place in the UK of his choice to discuss his Loyalty Scheme and plans for the company ?

Perhaps at your Moss Side office Mohammud ? No ? Its been abandoned ? Oh well …

By the way, what is the address of your office these days Mohammud ? Where can your loyal and appreciative customers visit you to express their thanks ?

Seriously. KNC customers know where to find Sam if they want to talk. Spondoolies-Tech customers know where to find Guy if they want to talk. Why don't you schedule a meeting of all your potential Loyalty Club members and show us the Viper prototype, your stock of cases, heat sinks, power supplies, boards, the plotter images of your Asic masks and all that cool stuff that companies who build Asics keep around the office/factory.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't be willing to do this. I just can't …

No Demo. No Monez.
Odeyin

Activity: 86

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:57:54 AM

OK..so they sent China the schematics they showed on September 2nd and had them fab a couple of sample boards. I will give that to them that they are pretty good at  eagle cad, but I could have done this in my basement. And emailed one of the many Chinese fab plants and got myself a few sample boards blank or even with a Bill Of Materials and the eagle cad schematic and a few weeks later actually receiving the board for about $100. Depending of the cost of components. All soldered together. Do they have a reflow oven for the SMT? Do they have a pick and place machine? To build the boards?  And if they were doing volume it would look something like this video:Adafruit pick and place machine in action! ADXL335 - YouTube

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=5GknVP7WL8OHyASTiIC4Ag&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D7BRVY6XNdM0&cd=1&ved=0CCwQtwIwAA&usg=AFQjCNHa57RlUPjXUB2E2lP04ddzEpE7SA&sig2=CmdUBFpKCZKo4LIXSkxe1g

You don't necessarily need this, but when you have hundreds of tiny surface mount components it sure makes things go easier and faster. But you definetly need a reflow oven.

So..yea I think they are still a scam. Never call anything a scheme and expect to be taken seriously!
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: