Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:19:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529005 times)
benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:26:28 AM

Hi Searing so by your count when will you ROI on the KNC?

My investment in GAW is turning pear shaped as well, ROI is now more than a year. Not spending one cent more on GAW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:40:27 PM

They're logging into their forum constantly, but their moderation techniques (banning/deleting posts) have slacked off in the past few days. This is indicative of what I can only imagine to be one of two possibilities: It's the sound of the door slamming as they exit the building, or, they're trying to have a cleaner legal image.

Either way.. neither of those options are supportive of their customers.

jrose120

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:29:26 PM

They're logging into their forum constantly, but their moderation techniques (banning/deleting posts) have slacked off in the past few days. This is indicative of what I can only imagine to be one of two possibilities: It's the sound of the door slamming as they exit the building, or, they're trying to have a cleaner legal image.

They haven't bothered to delete any negative posts in over a week. I say they're gone. They've abandoned everything, including their forum.
jrose120

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:35:58 PM

Now I understand why some of their customers got partial refunds. It was because they were cleaning out their accounts of all the funds. Some of the accounts were frozen and the money could only be returned to sender, they had no access to it. If I were cleaning up shop to leave the country I'd want to close as many of those accounts as possible. Even if that meant I had to return the funds that were frozen, whatever it took to close the accounts.

They're gone, this is now over.                                                                                                THE END!
vesperwillow

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:47:29 PM

Has anyone done any detective work about this company and its related neighbors? Even social media and researching company info could be helpful to paint a picture. This is why a lot of people had a bad feeling about hopping on board awhile back. For example..

Prior to Alpha-Tech moving in, there was Saddique & Co Chartered Accountants, and next to it was Rain Gaskell. Well, Rain bumped out of there and Saints Solicitors legal practice moved in. After awhile Saddique faded out and Alpha-Tech was born.

Saints Solicitors LLP is identified with Zain Siddiqi, a Pakistani, who apparently has strong sympathy toward the Pakistan people/issues. The practice also specialized in Sharia compliance, along with various Islamic law application. SSLLP has since moved to a new address as of spring of 2014.

Saddique & Co was a long term venture with really hard to find paperwork on the company. There is another Saddique venture, Saddique Brothers Enterprise. Now this could be unrelated entirely, but I'm including them because they formed right as Saddique & Co disappeared, and they  just happened to form within eyesight up the street. This one is identified with Shazad Saddique. A few guys with his name in the nearby area pop up, one of them with business acumen--no way to determine who is who--but the one guy is a gambler. So, speculation here, but an accountant who is involved with lots of gambling.

The Akram family has been involved in a line of companies and financial work for awhile. The elder has worked as a managing director in a couple of places, and is involved in at least one well known islamic trust. The younger popped up in a couple of ventures.

Two things stuck out in my mind the most. First, the Akrams hopped into several ventures at once.. all in march/april of the same year. For folks reporting low-to-no capital or gains, they're able to hop into ventures easily. Second, they've registered and renamed and registered companies to themselves several times, which isn't unusual, but a pattern is emerging: the company names they're using are almost exact copies of other well-known company names in similar industries, particularly well-established companies with deep pockets.

In fact, a great example, look at just 2 of their recent companies: Research Alpha Technologies and Cheshire Technology and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's not a bad thing, and I doubt they are related to those other companies, but it is a known technique folks use in order to trick would-be customers/investors, so that when these people look up "alpha technologies" they'll see a well-established organization and have boosted confidence on investing. It would be like someone starting a company making operating system files and calling themselves Microsoft Co.

Just tossing some stuff out there.. this has been discussed to a small extent in the past, but I keep emphasizing that folks need to research. Follow the money trail. It could be harmless coincidences, or it could be evidence that they planned to hide assets for if/when things went sour.

I also don't know if it's of any value to mention, but back when they had photos of themselves, if you used the photos to search online for more traces of them, the photos couldn't be found anywhere else by most of the popular search engines. I'm not sure if anyone else had any better luck. It's highly unusual an an IT age for folks like this to have no trace online using their digital image.

Sources: Google, social media, UK business disclosure websites, etc.

Hache

Activity: 36
Merit: 5

CEO - Krater.io

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 05:31:51 PM

They haven't bothered to delete any negative posts in over a week. I say they're gone. They've abandoned everything, including their forum.

They haven't, I have created a second account with a different mail address and posted my situation having been banned from the forum. I have been banned again on my IP I think, cause the message I get now is Dear Guest, you have been banned(...). Therefore they're still active and very much in the forum. I wrote one email yesterday... no reply... Wrote another one right now. I'm up to go present myself in person in their office of the UK, might start a bitcoin donation account for those who want to donate something for me to travel there. I'm sure they will be much more reasonable in person.  Grin

Krater.io helps Data Centers to better monetize their infrastructure through automation, invoicing and payments processing
vesperwillow

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:37:44 PM

There are people who live in/near manchester who have posted up here, even recently. One of those folks should hop over there and provide some recent photos, maybe even see if anyone is around to talk. Talk to the neighboring businesses as well, get basic info about the coming/going of folks to the office.

retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:42:25 PM

There are people who live in/near manchester who have posted up here, even recently. One of those folks should hop over there and provide some recent photos, maybe even see if anyone is around to talk. Talk to the neighboring businesses as well, get basic info about the coming/going of folks to the office.

There are no comings and goings. As I posted a while back, I had a friend in the area drop by, he checked the place out and talked to the neighbours, they are gone. Have been for months. I wouldn't bother wasting your time going to the Alpha T office, but you could try  popping next door and rousting their dad or checking out the residential address Cheshire Tech was registered to. I doubt you'll get much out of them though. Those that went for refunds early like Searing and Chopsbit got their money back, anyone just starting now is probably SOL.

Alpha are ignoring the judgements against them, so unless you are willing to track them down and get the rubber hoses out, you probably won't see a penny.
SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:45:42 PM

I doubt there's anyone in that office, however, from what I remember M. Akram Accounting was right next door.  I think that's dad, who would likely claim to have no knowledge of Mubasher's whereabouts or what is up with Alpha now, as he distanced himself several months ago, but he could still be served as a former member of this scammola or witness and forced to give a deposition and/or testimony.  

All it takes is one domino.  If I still had money in this game that'd be the one I'd be looking to knock over.  Mubasher can run and hide.   Dad cannot.
FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:08:24 PM

I wouldn't say that. I was banned yesterday for telling someone on their forum who claimed they weren't visiting or deleting posts that they were, in fact, deleting posts. The day before, I had written a post describing their shady practice of only refunding only my pre-order payments via PayPal and pocketing my pretty substantial final payments (paid in Bitcoin) in spite of my request for a 60% refund...and my expectation that they're setting up their own farm with the hardware we all paid for...a post which they deleted.

They don't like people being critical of them on their forum. That's okay, though...it's the only forum they have control over.

I'm going after them for every dime they took from me, plus legal fees.
vesperwillow

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:31:51 PM

Well by slacked-off I mean they're not wiping things out in waves like they were, purging every single negative post. There's a good amount of negative and anti-Alpha stuff on their forums which is going without moderation. They're not seemingly as active with the almost instantaneous-bans and deleting as before.

Hache

CEO - Krater.io

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 10:36:19 PM

I wouldn't say that. I was banned yesterday for telling someone on their forum who claimed they weren't visiting or deleting posts that they were, in fact, deleting posts. The day before, I had written a post describing their shady practice of only refunding only my pre-order payments via PayPal and pocketing my pretty substantial final payments (paid in Bitcoin) in spite of my request for a 60% refund...and my expectation that they're setting up their own farm with the hardware we all paid for...a post which they deleted.

They don't like people being critical of them on their forum. That's okay, though...it's the only forum they have control over.

I'm going after them for every dime they took from me, plus legal fees.

Freejack, where are you based? I'm in Germany and would like to chase these bastards down for every penny I sent them. I have posted stuff in threads in which you were also active (javihache was my username) and they instantly banned as soon as I criticised them. Can I contact you in private?

Regards!

Krater.io helps Data Centers to better monetize their infrastructure through automation, invoicing and payments processing
Hache

CEO - Krater.io

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 10:42:47 PM

By the way, has anybody tried the number on the poster outside of the office? I called pretty late today and reached an answering machine. I'll try tomorrow morning and post if they answer or not.

s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 12:09:55 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 12:23:18 AM by s1gs3gv

Has anyone done any detective work about this company and its related neighbors?

Eric Gunn's address in Scotland is on his LinkedIn page. Castle Levan, Inverclyde, United Kingdom or some such … Might be worth booking a room.

NVM, looks like they are selling up and moving http://www.castle-levan.com

Also, if you enlarge one of the photos of the Alpha-T office, you'll notice an estate agent sign. They're nearby and would have Akram's address and contact info for sure.

~L)L~
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 12:17:53 AM

Also, IIRC AT had a Nov. deadline for filing accounts at Companies House.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:58:37 AM

Also, if you enlarge one of the photos of the Alpha-T office, you'll notice an estate agent sign. They're nearby and would have Akram's address and contact info for sure.

Now that is thinking outside the box.  I hope someone follows up.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
g6miner

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 02:49:16 AM

here are the documents from companies house about alpha-t from 2014.
http://www.xup.to/dl,23926743/alpha_t_2014.zip/
maybe its of use for some people here.

at least they still defend their claims made against them. so not ran off completely.
whats strange is that some claimants get the defense of not being a uk customer and therefore claim is out of uk jurisdiction. could there possibly be a sneaky way that alpha-t is right here? cause why the heck would they else write such thing knowing this complete bullshit
retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:41:09 AM

cause why the heck would they else write such thing knowing this complete bullshit

Really??  Cause Alpha NEVER write complete bullshit Roll Eyes

g6miner

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:54:38 AM

cause why the heck would they else write such thing knowing this complete bullshit

Really??  Cause Alpha NEVER write complete bullshit Roll Eyes

we are talking about telling bullshit to the court which could lead to a default judgement against them. anyone with a clear mind wouldnt write a defense to court which is could easily  be proofed wrong by a law student 1st sem. i am not a lawyer and i couldnt find anything concerning that on the net. but there must be a clear answer to whether uk jurisdiction applies to non uk residents or not. and i am not talking about using mcol with a foreign address, which is indeed possible but being a non uk citizen. 
SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:07:24 PM

here are the documents from companies house about alpha-t from 2014.
http://www.xup.to/dl,23926743/alpha_t_2014.zip/
maybe its of use for some people here.

at least they still defend their claims made against them. so not ran off completely.
whats strange is that some claimants get the defense of not being a uk customer and therefore claim is out of uk jurisdiction. could there possibly be a sneaky way that alpha-t is right here? cause why the heck would they else write such thing knowing this complete bullshit

That's just an answer.  the answer doesn't have to be correct, but as in tennis, if you don't volley it back you may lose.

I'm not a lawyer either, and I'm not in the UK, so take this as layman's opinion, as that's all it is.  

However, I recently was in court with a former landlord that rented some units to my business.  We had a battle going on over some shit.  Part of this battle was over venue as they tried to push it to another local county which was more favorable to them.  We fought them on that and ultimately won, pushing it to a county that was more favorable to us, as our attorneys are absolute powerhouses in this county, which they knew, and therefore had tried to push it out.

Anyhow, A court can't try something unless it can be shown that proper venue is that court.  In our case it was what county, in this case they seem to be trying to say that UK is not proper venue and/or the UK courts therefore do not have jurisdiction.

That's obviously bullshit.  their TOS indicates UK law, they are registered in the UK, they do business in the UK (suppliers, customers etc. are in the UK which is more important than you might think) and the sale itself occurred in the UK.

If it were me I would point all of that out and indicate that therefore this is indeed proper venue and within the jurisdiction of the UK courts and provide any supporting evidence I could.  I can't see a court denying itself jurisdiction of something clearly under their jurisdiction, but the way the game is played you have to tell them why.  They know why but if they don't deny Alpha's answer outright on this you have to tell them why anyhow.

As some have also indicated you need a UK address also, so don't leave that hole dangling either.

(For my friend Mubasher, who is undoubtedly reading this:  I told you I would stick it up your ass by helping others pull their money out if you didn't simply refund my money, as per the law, so here's another present for you, asshole.)
Pages: « 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: