Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:31:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529005 times)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 03:31:03 PM

Don't forget that their T&C state that anyone who asks for a refund automatically forfeit their order and any  money paid toward it. I bet they'll be using that somehow.

They had up to 2,400 orders right? 1,200 for each unit? If that's the case, and let's say 2,000 people bought-in, the reality is very few of them are here voicing any complaints. There's only been an "active" complaint group of about 100 people. Small percentage. I wouldn't say the majority of folks are against receiving equipment, we haven't heard from the majority.

They may try, although I doubt it's in any way legal or enforceable.

Those pesky DSRs again and their clearly stated right to request, and receive, a refund.  I haven't read the protection from unfair trading practices 2008 in a while although I'd be surprised if it didn't expressly exclude terms which conflict with consumer law, or if that wasn't present somewhere in consumer law.  A business can't simply void laws that it doesn't like.  Doesn't work that way.

That they make these sorts of attempts, such as "you're a business not a consumer" pisses me off more than any of the rest of it and is one reason I keep lurking this thread, as I'll try to help people to try to get their money back still, if they want to give it a shot.

Attempting to take advantage of people that may or may not know any better is shitty beyond belief.  They should not be left to do this again and, in reality, they've probably learned how to improve the scam and protect themselves better the next time around.  They've proven to me that they are completely unethical and shouldn't be given another chance to try to fuck people again.

Totally agree.

Days away from their next infamous deadline. They sure have been "dead lines" haven't they?

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jrose120

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:19:38 PM

Hhmm, I wonder what excuse they will use this time? They should just take a list of excuses and put them into a hat; then randomly pull one out every time they miss a deadline. The fact remains, they can't even operate a telephone line, much less keep a promise. These losers are all going to jail, how do they expect to ship anything from behind bars? The sooner the better!

They've stolen millions of dollars/pounds and they are going to get away with it too, unless more of their customers stand up for themselves! 
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:57:17 AM

Surprised this threads still going. Is the company even doing anything now as seeing OP only made 2 posts since starting thread and then gone in to the land of nowhere.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
SaintRocketis

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:40:15 AM

Surprised this threads still going. Is the company even doing anything now as seeing OP only made 2 posts since starting thread and then gone in to the land of nowhere.

Actually, they had a lot more posts and were active on this thread.  But, at some point in the May-June timeframe when they started having problems and people were getting antsy about the pending delivery of the miners, they then started deleting all of the posts.  In some of the posts, they were promising delivery no later than July.  To keep customers from canceling orders, they made up some bull crap that they were consolidating all information on their own Alpha T forum and didn't need posts over here.  What they were doing was erasing all the promises of delivery in July and on their forum they can delete any negative posts and can control the information.  I think that was also about the time that their phone was down and undergoing repairs.  6 months later there is still no phone, no address and they've abandoned their crappy looking office.

I have nothing good to say about these guys.  I'm talking about you Mohammed Mubasher Akram, Fiaz Malik, Liroy Van, and Eric Gunn!
alphacustomer2014

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 03:20:53 AM

I've won my claim against these guys, the court has now granted my judgement.

It cost's £70 to get the court to enforce this judgement, which will involve them sending bailiffs to the head office. Seeing as how that office has already been reported to be empty, is there any other address anyone knows of I can send the bailiffs to seize goods?

You appear to be the first!!!!

andTHIS IS HUGE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! You are the first one to prove the obvious.... which is that Alpha is a lying piece of shit, has nothing to stand on, and EVERYONE needs to sue the fuck out of them.

The head office in this case (if the store front from the pictures is locked up) would be Mubashar mother fucker's house.

Please find out the residential address of this criminal and send the bailiff there.

I will personally reward $20 USD to whomever finds this criminal's residential address... in part because my victory will be coming up shortly and I will also need the fucker's address. Hopefully others will add on to the reward $.
I've posted this before.  I think this could be their residential address.

3 Motcombe Farm Road,
Heald Green
Cheadle
Cheshire
England
SK8 3RW

This was the address they used when they first registered Cheshire Technology which then became Alpha Technology. A quick google shows its a residential street https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3734054,-2.2341855,3a,75y,326.61h,81.61t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sI3TQoRsxmv-FMFfX5lkseA!2e0

This is probably your best place to start. Children tend to live at home longer in Asian families. I would think if this is the family home, it's where you'll find Mubasher.

I just got a letter from a court correspondence that said as the company I claim against is limited, I must specify this claim is against both company and individual. Otherwise, the court cannot enter judgment. If I will do this way, I will need to provide the director's home address. Can I use this address for his home address? Your response is highly appreciated.
giboon29

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 03:00:21 PM

http://www.companieslist.co.uk/08483921-alpha-technology-int-ltd#documents    Soem additional info about company
Kuikens

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:14:59 PM

Finally my CC company refunded my €6,000.00 downpayment on 3 Vipers...
AT first disputed the chargeback, but they didn't give any more bullshit, as it became more and more clear over time that there will be no deliveries this year.
Took a while, paid in January and March, asked chargeback in July and 5 months later it was granted.
Luckily I was smart enough not to pay a single penny by wire transfer, and I will never pre order any crap again.
However, even if current miners would drop 90% in price, they still won't ROI, so I stay out of the mining business altogether and stick to real currency...
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:30:35 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 02:44:01 PM by vesperwillow

Has anyone seen their order status change to 'completed', or received any gear? Mid-December, their 8th(?) revised shipping date, has passed.

I was totally convinced they'd get it right this time ...

How many missed delivery chances have they had?

1. June (promised by Fiaz in January)
2. Mid-July (the original guaranteed date)
3. End-July (the original slippage date)
4. August "We will beat our competition to delivery"
5. Septermber (the 3rd quarter money-back-guarantee delivery date they claim was the original ship date, which is false)
6. Octoberish "We have chips, you bring the dip!"
7. November "Look at our fancy case design which is absolutely 100% not what you were promised or sold on"
8. December

I'm sure I missed a few.

Don't forget folks, they still have it in writing that they're going to beat the competition to delivery, that they will have the most efficient (in terms of power) machine in the *world*, and that they're going to open up a 2nd batch of orders. Roll Eyes

jrose120

Activity: 119

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:09:48 PM

There first batch will be sold at auction after the government seizes their assets. Hence it will be known as batch 2  Grin
SCGenius

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:39:31 PM

Is this sarcasm? Because it doesn't translate well.

These guys are back in Iraq/Syria helping the terrorists ISL  in their quest to bring US Troops back to the Middle East. Using our money.

vesperwillow

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:01:32 PM

Is this sarcasm? Because it doesn't translate well.

These guys are back in Iraq/Syria helping the terrorists ISL  in their quest to bring US Troops back to the Middle East. Using our money.

The ellipsis indicated sarcasm, yes Wink

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:09:10 PM

So we are certain they have cut and run at this point, yes?

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:59:12 PM

So we are certain they have cut and run at this point, yes?

Their pattern tends to be 1, occasionally 2, updates per month, typically at the end/beginning. I would wager they'll make an update before year's end.

Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:39:33 PM

The funds they stole from you all is now part of ISIS  Angry

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
Crypto2011

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 08:15:02 PM

I remember a while ago someone on here saying how they were persuing 2 separate claims. One against alpha the company, and another claim against the individual, Akram. Whoever it was, did they successfully win the judgement against Akram individually? I've heard of the cases of Alpha losing but not paying up, but not of any cases of Akram losing. It would seem to me to be more likely to get your money back if you have a judgement against the individual rather than the business as the business can just wind down and dissapear. The person cannot as easily dissapear, and if he comes back to Britain, may be more easily traceable by debt collectors.

I was thinking a month ago about taking Alpha to court but it seems pointless if they are not going to pay and are untraceable, a claim against the individual would seem to have higher chance of success, if they are individually liable? Also can you claim the court costs that you have to pay to start the case, back from the court when you win judgement?... or do you only get that back if/when Akram/Alpha pay up too? If it is the former, then there is much less to loose. But if not, I don't fancy wasting another £70 to go to court if i'm almost certainly going to lose that too along with the rest of the money! What do others think on this? And who was the person who said they were suing Akram directly? Anyone remember? Did they win? What was their username? Please let us know what happened if it was you and you're reading this! Thanks.
Test User

Activity: 85

Miner and technician

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:13:44 PM

I remember a while ago someone on here saying how they were persuing 2 separate claims. One against alpha the company, and another claim against the individual, Akram. Whoever it was, did they successfully win the judgement against Akram individually? I've heard of the cases of Alpha losing but not paying up, but not of any cases of Akram losing. It would seem to me to be more likely to get your money back if you have a judgement against the individual rather than the business as the business can just wind down and dissapear. The person cannot as easily dissapear, and if he comes back to Britain, may be more easily traceable by debt collectors.

The problem is that alpha is a limited company. That means that liability for any debt that the company has is limited to the company only. The directors, in person, are immune against any claim for money.

It is very, very difficult to make a claim against a director in person. You basically have to prove that they were stealing money from the company before the company disappeared.

Donations welcome - BTC: 1f52PwRLHkN4w5uBY6EccKiDYqpLkh13y     DOGE: DCg65AKPG76X5LEtWCqfyRj4a6apYRHR8j
Trust: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432215.0
Dr Charles
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 11:40:31 PM

The problem is that alpha is a limited company. That means that liability for any debt that the company has is limited to the company only. The directors, in person, are immune against any claim for money.

It is very, very difficult to make a claim against a director in person. You basically have to prove that they were stealing money from the company before the company disappeared.

difficult but not impossible.... called "piercing the corporate veil"

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 02:12:38 AM

Not if they perpetrated fraud.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
alphacustomer2014

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 02:21:31 AM

I was thinking a month ago about taking Alpha to court but it seems pointless if they are not going to pay and are untraceable, a claim against the individual would seem to have higher chance of success, if they are individually liable? Also can you claim the court costs that you have to pay to start the case, back from the court when you win judgement?... or do you only get that back if/when Akram/Alpha pay up too? If it is the former, then there is much less to loose. But if not, I don't fancy wasting another £70 to go to court if i'm almost certainly going to lose that too along with the rest of the money! What do others think on this? And who was the person who said they were suing Akram directly? Anyone remember? Did they win? What was their username? Please let us know what happened if it was you and you're reading this! Thanks.

I am now processing to enter a judgment by specifying my claim is against both company and individual (director Akram). This is required by the court as Alpha is a limited company. In other words, one's claim against a limited company cannot be registered to request judgment in court. I don't know what the court will say in its judgment and when it will issue. Once I get the judgment, I will make it public in this forum. As I am not familiar with legal affairs, I will welcome suggestions and comments so that I will take further steps to get money back.
fightalpha

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:12:28 AM

I am now processing to enter a judgment by specifying my claim is against both company and individual (director Akram). This is required by the court as Alpha is a limited company. In other words, one's claim against a limited company cannot be registered to request judgment in court. I don't know what the court will say in its judgment and when it will issue. Once I get the judgment, I will make it public in this forum. As I am not familiar with legal affairs, I will welcome suggestions and comments so that I will take further steps to get money back.

Thank you. Please post this on http://fightalpha.net/ Others are here to help.
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: