Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:08:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: How long will it take before bountyhunters be out of a job?  (Read 660 times)
CryptoLex (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:05:07 AM

I see first hand that the average bountyhunter spams his/her Twitter and/or Fb accounts with all the bountys they joined. To me this brings absolutly no awerness and value to these projects.
If I would organise a ICO, I would never use bountyhunters to create online exposure, but just pay a agency to help promote it

Any thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 6856

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 02:05:17 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2018, 05:56:49 PM by TryNinja

I agree with you. Legitimate ICOs will not benefit from this kind of campaigns. They will end up losing money in exchange of bad publicity or their token price will tank when those spammers receive their payments and dump them in the market for BTC/ETH.

They do that because most of those ICO's are paying their users with shit tokens which are/will be worth pennies. And they don't care about having a successful and targeted campaign. They don't want to become a legitimate business, so why should they care? Instead, they just want to get as many money as possible so they can run off or delivery a poorly made or non-functional product (and then run with the money).

"Spam this for me and I will pay you 1000 shitTokens which I created from nowhere. If I get investors from this, profit for me. If I don't, I didn't lose anything anyway."
simongoat

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:25:50 PM

I see first hand that the average bountyhunter spams his/her Twitter and/or Fb accounts with all the bountys they joined. To me this brings absolutly no awerness and value to these projects.
If I would organise a ICO, I would never use bountyhunters to create online exposure, but just pay a agency to help promote it

Any thoughts?

I kinda agree with you, at the moment its about quantity not quality. There is so such competition to get the word out with ICO's that a bounty campaign must seem like a good idea. A quick way of building a community, but no good community can be built overnight with bribes. It will probably get to a saturation point were so many ico's running bounties that they stop becoming effective. Then bounty programmes will have to be more selective and ask for higher quality contributions. I do think there is a place for bounty campaigns though.

The only thing about paying an agency is that if everyone does it then you get the same problem. Tons of new content flooding out of youtube, twtiiter etc.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 4824

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:29:50 PM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

Any thoughts?

Agencies don't accept worthless tokens to do your spamming for you.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:56:38 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2018, 11:28:30 AM by guybrushthreepwood

The only way bounty hunters would be out of a job is if they were somehow banned or prohibited here. As long as they're allowed and people can claim them relatively easy just by posting an address or filling out a spreadsheet or form or some sort people will still continue to claim (and abuse them) with as many accounts as they can.

Any thoughts?

True, but the tokens clearly do have some value because why would people bother otherwise? I'm not sure I understand how the whole bounty/token things work exactly because they do just seems like worthless tokens created out of thin air but they seem to be exchanging them for a decent amount of money somewhere.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 6856

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 09:43:00 PM

Any thoughts?

True, but the tokens clearly do have some value because why would people bother otherwise? I'm not sure I understand how the whole bounty/token things work exactly because they do just seems like worthless tokens created out of thin air but they seem to be exchanging them for a decent amount of money somewhere.
They may or may not have value. But the spammers don't care since the only thing they need to do is spam tweets and Facebook posts.

And even if the token is worth $0.05, no agency will accept $10000 worth of a random and shady token. 
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 4824

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:08:19 PM
Merited by malevolent (1)

Any thoughts?

Deeponion is a perfect example of a shitcoin that is completely worthless, has no merit yet has made people cash from nothing because in order to get the airdrop you have to advertize it. and thousands of retards shilling a token will get hundreds of losers to buy in and when those losers buy then the market notices and more idiots that just see a spike jump in without finding that the crap they are buying is vapor abd that is how the shit token becomes worth something from nothing. Deeponion is last years bitcoindark or some such name.
CryptoLex (OP)

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:53:29 PM

Any thoughts?

But they will accept BTC or ETh, some even ask 40 BTC beforehand and up to 3% of the total raised during a ICO
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:55:36 PM

hope that market regulates itself
you think that bountyhunters earn millions ? Smiley 95% of the tokens become worthless as soon as the participants dump them
those who are first,get some coins,if any,those who are late get peanuts not worth talking about
probably 90% of all ICOs pay less than 1-2$ very rare cases 5-20$,yes there are some that are solid and worth keeping
but bountyhunters don't care,usually and sell as soon as they can
vina.lugtu

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:21:53 PM

I disagree. ICO's already lost facebook and google. Hiring agencies will just make it harder for them because they can only pay using their token. So far, there is no agency that will accept tokens as payment. No company will take risk on tokens no matter how good it is. It should have a value first but we all know that it doesn't so lets not advise agencies to take over. This will just complicate things. I think ICO's should focus more on what's left and move on.
Analyst101

Activity: 182
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:00:12 AM

I think it really depends on what kind of bounty works these bounty hunters are doing. For example, yes, spamming Twitter and Facebook might bring bad publicity and also annoy others. However, doing translation work and writing up high-quality articles will really help these ICOs. A well-made youtube video, which can cost a lot of money can be paid in tokens as well. I am seeing more and more ICOs that do not offer bounty works like Faceter, and I think that’s good because that means they are using professional service.
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 03:32:54 PM

I think that bounties have their place in the market, although I agree that they are not always the best way to promote a project. The thing about bulk advertising (e.g. multiple postings on Facebook, Twitter etc.) is that the return on that investment can come from just a few investors who find the project through the advert. Technically the tokens/coins given away are 'free' to the companies giving them out, and could bring in real returns at the stage when funds are most needed. I think the problem lies with badly run bounties, when the bounty managers do not properly check submissions and subsequently their fund raising suffers. Any company looking to do an ICO should make sure that they have set aside sufficient resources (both personnel and monetary) to manage the bounty campaign. Make the tasks involved slightly complicated, this puts off the majority of people looking for easy money, and incentivises the people who do join because the rewards will usually be greater. This should ensure that they get the maximum return on their investment. They'll be around for a while yet, but hopefully we will start seeing more originality and better run campaigns.
blackberry_pie

Activity: 425
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:31:42 AM

Its cheap though. Technically free, since they are get paid with tokens. Even a miniscule awareness created for free worth it, as far as most project teams are concerned.
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:18:28 PM

Any thoughts?

It is funny that you bring up the subject, while clearly promoting a certain ICO that runs a bounty program. Roll Eyes

That being said, there are definitely spammers and scammers involved, but not all bounty hunters are spammers or scammers. There are bounty hunters that are serious about creating awareness and bringing value to the projects - even long after the underlying bounty programs have closed. The same people who are hard at work to create awareness in terms of the overall crypto market. The same people who put their money where there mouths are when they are able to do so. The same people who are trying not to sell bounty tokens in an irresponsible manner for quick profits. The same people who are trying to hold onto those tokens.

In addition, their are people who are making a living out of it on the back of necessity - it enables them to place food on the table for their families. Keep this in mind when you're out crucifying bounty hunters.
Eth-Jackcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:21:47 AM

I can't actually postulate but i feel that it's not anytime soon. They make substandard campaigns probably because of the shit coins they receive as rewards and the bounty organizers also decide to work with the miners probably because they don't have what it takes to take the bounty to the agency.
sigtmerchant

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:37:59 AM

Most of these campaigns are poorly planned, allowing almost anyone to participate, which ends up with thousands of botted accounts spamming 24/7.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:06:13 PM

In addition, their are people who are making a living out of it on the back of necessity - it enables them to place food on the table for their families. Keep this in mind when you're out crucifying bounty hunters.

I don't want any food if I have to promote scam with 20-50 accounts.

Any thoughts?

Why would they stop doing that? if you are annoyed by seeing their spam. ignore bounties by going to ignore boards in your profile.

This is up to theymos, he is going to tolerate auto translations in local sub-forums, nobody really understands what he is doing for us.

Rhinoboy11

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:14:34 PM

Any thoughts?

@CryptoLex; you say that yet you are a bitcointalk signiture bounty hunter hearing some tag or day?
Whats the difference between the tweeter bounty and yours?
paulmaritz

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:48:56 PM

"I don't want any food if I have to promote scam with 20-50 accounts."

You have most likely never experienced hunger or worried about feeding a family. Your comment shows a complete disregard of people who help promote legit projects in legit ways in order to make a living. It seems you have to show your ignorance by lumping all bounty hunters and the projects promoted by them into the same category. In short: It seems you have to satisfy your urge to shit where others eat.

In any case, I couldn't give two fcks about your half-assed opinion.

paulmaritz

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:50:56 PM

Any thoughts?

@CryptoLex; you say that yet you are a bitcointalk signiture bounty hunter hearing some tag or day?
Whats the difference between the tweeter bounty and yours?

Exactly. The truth is that he had to satisfy the urge to shit where he and others eat.
Bittrac67all

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:42:04 AM

I absolutely agree with you. i dont see the positive moments in spamming in social media like fb,twitter,reddit and so on. So why these services began blocking spammers
minthit

Activity: 325

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:59:28 AM

I'm not sure about the claim that these bounties do not bring awareness and value. One thing is clear though. It increases visibility. And also the ads on facebook, twitter, etc. are not so different from spammers. The particular feature of a spammer is that they lack respect for others. So, yeah, facebook, twitter ads are more like official spammers. lol Anyway, the real bad thing about these bounty campaigns is that the hunters are not afraid to spam with fake reviews, even without knowing the project themselves, claiming something like, amazing project, great project, etc. etc.
JanEmil

Activity: 2254
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 11:47:26 AM

Any thoughts?

Bountyhunters can be paid with new coins.
Agency, google ads etc want $$$.
Most project don't have any money so they choose to just give away new coins.
Altcoindealer

Activity: 686
Merit: 135

XAYA - THE ULTIMATE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:33:43 PM

Any thoughts?

Its very rare that someone sees the retweets and thinks of investing in this ICO. They need the count next to te retweet and like buttons thats all. But do not underestimate bounty campaigns. Even on this forum. Because they are a lot of people, who are in to bitcoin since beginning. And there are a lot of people here who has 500Bitcoins and more and are ready to invest. So investing in bounty campaigns it a good way to earn more money for a ico.
ND

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 10:51:41 AM

Any thoughts?
First of all, I can not name it spam - it is his account and he can do whatever he wants with it. And I also think that bountyhanters will have some job at least for the near 2-3 years, but for new participants it will be harder to earn something...
Sanjeewa101

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 02:42:27 PM

I think the Bounty campaigns is the best way to promote ICO.
ICO team should be avoid to spammers, They can strick their bounty rules to avoid bad spammers and Take a good promotion freely thorough crypto related people.
paulmaritz

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:59:27 PM

Any thoughts?

Its very rare that someone sees the retweets and thinks of investing in this ICO. They need the count next to te retweet and like buttons thats all. But do not underestimate bounty campaigns. Even on this forum. Because they are a lot of people, who are in to bitcoin since beginning. And there are a lot of people here who has 500Bitcoins and more and are ready to invest. So investing in bounty campaigns it a good way to earn more money for a ico.

"Its very rare that someone sees the retweets and thinks of investing in this ICO" - Do you have data to backup this claim?
HALLASTERA

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:39:11 PM

you think that bountyhunters earn millions ? Smiley 95% of the tokens become worthless as soon as the participants dump them
those who are first,get some coins,if any,those who are late get peanuts not worth talking about
probably 90% of all ICOs pay less than 1-2$ very rare cases 5-20$,yes there are some that are solid and worth keeping

You are right. I don't understand why people don't like spam from people who want to earn some money. People from poor countries have not a normal work and forced to work on promotion scam ICOs.
chinaprofitpro

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:38:08 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2018, 12:16:19 PM by chinaprofitpro

People comes to crypto via points of contact..
Remember yourself. How did you come to crypto? Did you hear about BTC first time and enter search query? NO, you've heard it several times, before you begin to interest in it
That's exactly how social media  and advertising industry works. It’s mental level. We can't control it. That's why we buy BEST products .
If you see advertisement several times- you will be interested. If you see advertisement one time- NO INTEREST.
If you see  company many times- you will be interested in it..
Ann Impas

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:18:40 PM

It's always depend I think how the bounty hunters is doing his job. I what I always suggest, a bounty hunter should join a campaign that he believe. Meaning, a project that he likes or love or his values is align to it. That way, he/she is inspired doing his forum posting and could be able to provide constructive data to the marketplace. I joined one bounty campaign but it was not able to reach the softcap, therefore it failed. But it of the day, I was able to took part of a project that I believe in. Many people was able to learn about it. And I'm sure in the near future, they will relaunch their project and hopefully that time it will be successful.
chillitabit

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:19:15 AM

Any thoughts?

yes twitter and facebook bounties are mostly ridiculous and create very little value. I think bounty is a good idea, but it needs to be used the right way by choosing the participants for example only for btt signature bounty and really rewards those who can create genuine content instead of "when moon?" stuff
23xfi

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:47:54 PM

I think it really depends on what kind of bounty works these bounty hunters are doing. For example, yes, spamming Twitter and Facebook might bring bad publicity and also annoy others. However, doing translation work and writing up high-quality articles will really help these ICOs. A well-made youtube video, which can cost a lot of money can be paid in tokens as well. I am seeing more and more ICOs that do not offer bounty works like Faceter, and I think that’s good because that means they are using professional service.

I agree with you on this. We cannot discard all bounty hunters just because of one section of the crowd. Some really great jobs are being done by translators and content creators who take time out to craft a message for their audience.
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 08:13:56 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2018, 08:25:09 AM by eagle10

Any thoughts?

I don't think so. Bounty hunters are the best way to spread your campaign and awareness to the masses. And they are everywhere targeting prospect anytime of the day because they are working worldwide. So the dissemination of the information spread like a wildfire. Like talking to a network to network. See the difference? The bounty hunters are bringing the ICO campaign to a personal level.

Facebook and twitter might look like spamming your page but how can you target the few if you can't use your page? I know there are some which might become interested in what you are posting and some are not. What I mean is that you can struck gold in the dust.
steve_rogers

Activity: 280
Merit: 62

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:19:44 PM

The answer is too simple - until this guy will be I.

Firefox07

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:40:17 PM

I don't know until when bounty programs will remain. But i am of those people who want bounty programs to remain still. Because its the only way we can earn some profit. Because we don't have any capital to spare in doing trading or investing.
oleksiivinogradov
Copper Member

Activity: 112

I'm a serial entrepreneur and investor

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 02:49:46 PM

Any thoughts?
Depends from your target. Sometime bountyhunters can start from small steps like twitter and FB and then big fish will coming
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:59:26 AM

Any thoughts?

This is obviously good BUT the exposure that many bounty hunters could give on a project that they are promoting to their crypto aware friends is no doubt a giving a huge impact for it's exposure. Bounty hunters also not that high payed compared to advertising agencies so my suggestion for you OP, create a more organized bounty portal.
digaran
Copper Member

🖤😏

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:32:32 AM

You are right. I don't understand why people don't like spam from people who want to earn some money. People from poor countries have not a normal work and forced to work on promotion scam ICOs.

Would you let hundreds of strangers come to your house, use your resources and women, just because they have nowhere else to go? if yes. what is your secret keeping your women alive after hundreds of men having their way with them? what you expect from this forum to allow you to spam just to earn money is the same. scam ICOs are scam and wont even pay you for spamming.

I don't know until when bounty programs will remain. But i am of those people who want bounty programs to remain still. Because its the only way we can earn some profit. Because we don't have any capital to spare in doing trading or investing.

This forum which is free to post, doesn't have the power to support 1 user posting with 20-200 accounts. here you could protest and moan, in your country start a revolution and demand for jobs. let this place to help another revolution.

rayk

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 07:09:11 PM

I think that is up to ones managing bounty campaigns, most tweets and fb posts have no value I can see it, but you can choose those making it better.
maremostro

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:52:00 PM

Still if u go on to ICO reviewing site you get the Tweeter and FB activity indicators.
SO its going to be a while till we will be replaced by bots (till the bots are smart enough at least)
kalunomics

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 08:54:08 PM

I don't see the difference between the spams by bounty hunters and that of the official advantising companies. Almost every website that attract visitors runs this same adverts(spams in your own language). We need to look at the root cause - so many ICOs being churned out by the day. There should be a regulation of some sort. Most ICOs have just promises non practically feasible products, some have no resources or the endurance to see the product through with the market fluctuations. There should be some penalty of some sort for making people lose their hard earned money on these ICOs. Only then will the number of failed ICOs reduce and subsequently reduce the number of spams you get on these social media
digaran
Copper Member

🖤😏

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:44:15 AM

I don't see the difference between the spams by bounty hunters and that of the official advantising companies. Almost every website that attract visitors runs this same adverts(spams in your own language). We need to look at the root cause - so many ICOs being churned out by the day. There should be a regulation of some sort. Most ICOs have just promises non practically feasible products, some have no resources or the endurance to see the product through with the market fluctuations. There should be some penalty of some sort for making people lose their hard earned money on these ICOs. Only then will the number of failed ICOs reduce and subsequently reduce the number of spams you get on these social media

I agree with you. protest and complain to theymos to stop showing spam ads to you. then you'll have no forum to earn money with multiple accounts posting biased comments all over the forum. people scamming other people by having scam ICO, is not on this forum, they can't regulate them because it only takes one scam to damage the whole system.

Most people wont post again when they see their post count is not increasing, they would only post once. what if there was no post counting for a week? after 2 days entire forum would stop posting.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: