Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:36:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nano...does it work?  (Read 187 times)
thecodebear (OP)

Activity: 2100
Merit: 813

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:34:08 PM

So I just started reading about Nano (formerly Raiblocks).

It claims zero fees, instant txs, and no scaling bottleneck. Is this for real? If it was for real I would think it would have already shot up into the tens of billions of $$ marketcap seeing as that is the holy grail of crypto.

So does it actually work this way? Or is it just theory that isn't well grounded?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:37:30 PM

I do not trust Nano anymore, you could see massive sell from 30$ to 5$. Why? Because it is pump and dump coin.
But this is my opinion, I am interested in more stable coins.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Nivelir

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:40:39 PM

As far as I remember in the network there was information that the developers of the Nano project were arrested, but I can not tell you the exact information, because I think that I just do not know it, so maybe the Nano project does not work, but I saw this project.
xda-developer

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:41:48 PM

I do not trust Nano anymore, you could see massive sell from 30$ to 5$. Why? Because it is pump and dump coin.

More stable coins? Do you mean Bitcoin or Ethereum?
Ethereum was dumped from 1200$ to 300$ few month ago. I think stable coin it is really strange word for cryptomarket. All crypto manipulative and non stable. Nano - it is good project for me and I think that we will see bright days for Nano in future.

MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:51:08 PM

So I just started reading about Nano (formerly Raiblocks).

It claims zero fees, instant txs, and no scaling bottleneck. Is this for real? If it was for real I would think it would have already shot up into the tens of billions of $$ marketcap seeing as that is the holy grail of crypto.

So does it actually work this way? Or is it just theory that isn't well grounded?

Why are you so surprised? it would't be the number one because of just zero fees,There are too many coins which give more additional advantages,For example Zcash and other pseudoanonymous or anonymous coins,also ltc,bch,I don't talk about bitcoin anymore...let's get Zerocoin. Transaction fee is equal to zero and you can get your funds in just two or one minute,This coin also takes the cryptography to the higher level,because of cryptographic newance ,I personally have the ability to hide my transaction data by it and why nano is better than this coin? or even why nano is better than bitcoin or bch? I don't understand..The best is,which is useful for your aims and special purposes,Anyway it depends on you,How effective and compactive is it for you...Anyway I am not talking about that I don't like it but I think there are too many coins which are not as bad as it seems.
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:53:24 PM

Nano is awesome coin. Also LTC founder Charlie announced that he is holding nano coins and he support Nano.
Charlie is trustworthy for me so I am a fan of Nano. I suggest you to hold few nano for future investments
thecodebear (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:58:09 PM

ok but does it actually do what it says? I'm not blockchain-technical enough to understand the theory behind it and how that would give rise to instant txs, no fees, and essentially unlimited scaling. But if it does have those traits (or if any other coins have those traits) why isn't it dominating all other altcoins now? I mean that is the holy grail of crypto. Makes me think it's more empty claims that actual working product.

Have you used it? Does it actually have instant no fee txs? Have there been any tests to show that it can actually handle lots of txs? If so it would be a revolution in blockchain technology and should be the basis on which all blockchains are built. But the fact that it didn't shoot to the top of the altcoin market has me suspecting that its more talk and theory than reality.

Just trying to get an idea of if this thing is actually real or if its got a bunch of crazy claims and not much backing it up?
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:23:42 PM

You know why Nano did not have billions of market cap? because it does not work on any technical scale. People offering a 'product' which is a better than blockchain, blazingly fast transactions and zero fees. Well, the truth is it's not really a product. People making an algorithm that they claim to be better than blockchain while it is hypothesis and technically untested.
thecodebear (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:01:45 PM

You know why Nano did not have billions of market cap? because it does not work on any technical scale. People offering a 'product' which is a better than blockchain, blazingly fast transactions and zero fees. Well, the truth is it's not really a product. People making an algorithm that they claim to be better than blockchain while it is hypothesis and technically untested.

That's what I figured. If it actually worked as they claim the whole industry would be going crazy for it.
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:31:44 AM

That is right, so the coin is useless now and mabye in the future, because they have no working product, but only they have a lot of money  Grin.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
ekn222

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:35:18 AM

Nano is a good coin...you can say a coin is not good just because they don't have a working product...when did NEO got its first working product?
yusuf98

Activity: 307
Merit: 119

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:03:26 AM

The uniqueness and advantages of Nano than Bitcoin are as follows:

-The protocol is quite light
-Transactions are handled independently
-Instant transaction
-The existence of Latency
-Eliminates the block size problem

This is my next coveted crypto, because its potential is quite good. Start now collect these coins as much as possible because it will potentially rise and you can get the proceeds from this coin. To get this coin for free you can mine with your own CPU.
one of my current flagship is to mine on Nano Miner.
GhostWithin

Activity: 644
Merit: 145

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:07:08 AM

The uniqueness and advantages of Nano than Bitcoin are as follows:

-The protocol is quite light
-Transactions are handled independently
-Instant transaction
-The existence of Latency
-Eliminates the block size problem

This is my next coveted crypto, because its potential is quite good. Start now collect these coins as much as possible because it will potentially rise and you can get the proceeds from this coin. To get this coin for free you can mine with your own CPU.
one of my current flagship is to mine on Nano Miner.

from 2014, they do something and nothing really. This project is risky enough and not everything is as good as you say
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:17:10 AM

never judge a project based on its price or price movement. for example it doesn't matter what rank does ETH have and how high it may go, it still is going to be considered a shitcoin.

you should always judge them based on  their technology and their performance instead.
regarding NANO i am very interested in it but i have yet to start studying it more. i actually have the white paper right on my desktop but unfortunately i have been super busy to read it.
i suggest everyone to start there: https://nano.org/en/whitepaper
and that is another issue with altcoins, you should never trust what others say because they are usually bag holding the coins they are supporting. which is why you should go ahead and read things on your own and figure it out.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Kate Beckett

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:18:57 AM

I don`t think that the project will succeed. Most of all I'm confused by the Nano team. The project team consists of young developers, especially those who have never distinguished themselves. The site presents 6 people, but judging by Github, active changes in the code are made by 1-2 people, the most active of which is the founder of the project. Perhaps in the future work will be more fun, but for now we see a relatively small team that is not as active as we would like.
cybernet001

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:26:58 AM

i like the coin and it rise recently
aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:32:23 AM

Yes, Nano works exactly as the devs say it works. Its free and instant transactions are something that is going to revolutionize the whole crypto industry. Just wait for some time and you will see the other coins shifting from proof of work or proof of stake algo to DAG technology. And the coin is going to shoot up soon just have patience.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:55:21 AM

As far as I remember in the network there was information that the developers of the Nano project were arrested, but I can not tell you the exact information, because I think that I just do not know it, so maybe the Nano project does not work, but I saw this project.

Where did you get this information? arrested for what? none of nano developers were arrested. And you called nano project doesn't work? i've tried all of nano wallet and all of them works like a charm. Don't ever believe what other people say easily. You have to do further research before taking a conclusion. I personally believe that dag-based crypto like nano and byteball will be popular in the future but it needs time.
pranazzs

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:08:39 AM

Right now what you say is true, Nano is always Pump and dump.
I still remember in june 2017 where the nano pump several fold. and rarely the one who kept the Nano that was still called Raiblock. and the last Pump is the month of february 2018 which is also very little nano holder.

we do not know the future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: