Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:46:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a Radeon HD 6970 mine along side a RX 570 ? Help plz  (Read 93 times)
miner2k18 (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:06:02 AM

So I have a side computer that had a brand new Asus Strix RX 570 OC in it, I just a couple days ago took an old Radeon HD 6970 out of another pc and I thought well why don't I just shove it in this pc for extra hashing small as it may be (electric is no issue). But I have not been able to get them both to work at the same time it's as if only 1 can have drivers active at any time. I originally ran video driver cleaning software put in RX 570 and then installed AMD's blockchain driver, then put in HD 6970 computer detected it an auto installed some drivers it showed up in device manager fine but when you click the drivers tab it would always say no drivers installed for this and if you plugged the monitor in to it you would never get resolution about 1280x1024 cuz there is no proper drivers, but whenever I would try to update it's drivers from the device manager it would always say the latest drivers are installed when clearly they are not. And then when I would try installing drivers through a disc which is the only way to force it to take some kind of drivers, which would then make the RX 570 show an error in device manager saying it doesnt have drivers and the same thing would then happen with the Rx 570.

The only thing I can think of is that the cards are just to far apart in age ? I really have no idea about this cuz I have never actually put 2 different (model) cards into a pc at once especially considering the age difference between the two is it just not possible ? Or is there some of setting or something I'm not considering when it comes to putting 2 different generation cards into a pc to mine with ? Any help on this guys ?

My MOBO for this pc is a Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 btw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:49:17 AM

No they will never work together because of the drivers.

Support ended for 69xx back in 15.7 driver and RX series was released a year later.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
pickleburglar

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:01:16 AM

They will work together, amd web installer can install multiple versions of amd drivers for different devices. Its just that there is no point mining with the 6970 these days, it takes more electricity than it makes in coins.
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:36:11 AM

Windows can install any drivers for each device. But 6th series of radeon cant mine with profit. Only if you start mining on releasing some perspective coin for long hodl

jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:09:07 PM

You can install two different drivers for both cards. First of all, go to drive C:\. Find AMD folder, then open your RX 570 driver folder (depend on which driver type you are using). You will find a folder named "Package," save it to the safe place.

since you are using Blockchain driver the folder tree would be:
C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23\Packages

And then when I would try installing drivers through a disc which is the only way to force it to take some kind of drivers, which would then make the RX 570 show an error in device manager saying it doesnt have drivers and the same thing would then happen with the Rx 570.

That's the right move. Just need some other action to complete.
Open Device Manager, then find your RX 570, in Display Adapter section, and right click then updates manually. Find Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\... in the folder that you save before. You will find inf file, then chose it. The system will be updating a driver for RX 570. If your 570 has been modded, don't forget to bypass driver signature using atikmdag patcher.
Restart your system....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: