Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:22:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Was hardly ever more relaxed about Bitcoins Future  (Read 143 times)
Roccker (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:32:21 PM

Someone wrote 'Last era of bitcoin'?
It seems to me there is hardly any risk anymore.
2014 bitcoin was 'weird internet money' hardly anyone knew about.
Now: It's an Asset class and mainstream Television talks about it, it's price is listed in financial internet sites - dollar euro yen bitcoin.
And lightning network. lightning lightning lightning. Probably the biggest improvement on bitcoin since inception?
And: Countless people now know bitcoin - since december 2017. Many many many people signed up for exchanges. Exchanges were overloaded for months? All these people will be more ready to buy the next rally.
2020 is next halving. Less and less supply - even if bitcoin would be a worthless ponzi scheme, it would be a cracy good bet because it's a worldwide - and daily more and more people become old enough to buy bitcoin.

Short term i think bottom is 6400, let's see.

ps if tether news goes worst case and it turns out tether made money out of nothing and pumped the crypto marketcap by 300 billion, then it's really bad, it means the whole last rally was artificial and real price should be something like 2000
Altough in the mega trendline bitcoin now 'should be' pretty much at around 8k)

ppps wrote this as an answer to a post but i was a megalomaniac thinking i will start a whole new thread

The Case for Bitcoin:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4882599.msg43979219#msg43979219

[am a noob]
update 2018: not total newb anymore i guess- now turned megalomaniac

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:39:24 PM
Merited by 1Referee (1)

there are a couple of facts that i know and i will stick to them.
bitcoin is still the same decentralized currency that i learned about the first time and fell in love with. and it still has the same big potential if not bigger at this point! and it is continuing to grow in adoption and popularity even if the price doesn't show it.

as far as price goes it is currently dropping for whatever reason! Mt Gox, FUD, panic, bubble, whales, government, ... anything you like to call it. if you are not a trader it is best to wait for the bottom, for the drama, FUD, ... and all that to stop before jumping back in. or do what i do, don't give a rats ass and buy with extra money you have every 2 weeks regardless of price, that is a lazy method for not losing any opportunity and at the same time have more and more bitcoin in my wallet. Cheesy

There is a FOMO brewing...
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:46:09 PM

A lot of people think that bitcoin is a pyramid, but I don't think so. All the problems of bitcoin is that the coins are distributed unevenly on the wallet. Whales that have a large number of coins can easily manipulate prices. This allows them to make more profit. I think that bitcoin is not a pyramid scheme. To me, it is more like a stock asset that has no rules and therefore volatility has no limits.
sjefdeklerk

Activity: 154
Merit: 8

SODL

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:54:43 PM

Now: It's an Asset class and mainstream Television talks about it, it's price is listed in financial internet sites - dollar euro yen bitcoin.
Yet almost no shop accepts it, so you can't pay with it. In fact, the number of shops accepting bitcoin is declining. Shops don't like the high costs, the slowness and the volatility. Sure, costs when down a bit because people stopped using it, but if for some reason it would become more popular, costs would shoot up again.

And lightning network. lightning lightning lightning. Probably the biggest improvement on bitcoin since inception?
LN is a joke, a hippy idea that some stoner invented. It will NEVER work:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2792933.0

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:02:18 PM

Yet almost no shop accepts it, so you can't pay with it. In fact, the number of shops accepting bitcoin is declining. Shops don't like the high costs, the slowness and the volatility. Sure, costs when down a bit because people stopped using it, but if for some reason it would become more popular, costs would shoot up again.

LN is a joke, a hippy idea that some stoner invented. It will NEVER work:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2792933.0

LN is already working, but the good news is, we don't need normies using Bitcoin to reach trillions of dollars for a marketcap.

The vast majority of the world's wealth is in the hands of a few people that don't use it to do groceries. We just need them to realize how Bitcoin is objectively a better gold, and this will happen sooner or later. Then Bitcoin will be worth trillions, irrespective of it being viable to buy groceries with or not.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:09:54 PM

There has never been an actual reason to doubt Bitcoin's future anyway. It's all gibberish and fud being pumped through these channels to scare off noobs. I find it funny that for a long while Tether has not been subject of any actual discussion, but suddenly when the price started to fall, the crypto news sites started jumping on it without providing anything that people didn't know already. It was just rehashed nonsense.

People should understand that this market is largely hype and speculation driven. If the price rockets up to $20,000 like it did last year, it doesn't mean anything for Bitcoin itself, and doesn't reflect Bitcoin's progression. It just shows how crazy the market is, and how stupid at the same time, because seriously, the only thing +$15,000 levels were good for, was securing profits. If people think that going from below $1000 to nearly $20,000 is sustainable, they are retarded. Nothing in the world justified Bitcoin to have that value, and especially not with how cluttered the network was back then. I get it that there was a massive spam attack going on, but that just shows how much of an easy target Bitcoin is, and still doesn't mirror the peak value, not even $10,000.
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:50:48 PM

This is what I console myself with. As far as bitcoin's growth and progression it had its best year ever in 2017. It does not make sense that it would then crash to nothing after such a great year that introduced so many new people.

imapessimist

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:10:26 PM

The more people who believe in Bitcoin the better.  Because that means the more the price will go up. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: