Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:04:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-03-17] Philippines Senator Calls for Applying a Get-Tough Approach to Cryp  (Read 96 times)
Vladdirescu87 (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:48:37 PM

Filipino senator Leila de Lima wants to impose stiffer fines on the criminals who conduct a scam or other illegal activity using cryptocurrency, especially Bitcoin. She has presented a draft bill aimed at releasing an update of the country’s penal code.

"With the emerging threats of its use in the commission of crimes, our penal laws must adapt with the changing times and our criminal justice system must come prepared in the event that this is used in illegal activities,” - De Lima said in a press release.

Read the details in the article of Coinidol dot com, the world blockchain news outlet: https://coinidol.com/philippines-approach-to-cryptocurrency-crimes/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LastJedi

Activity: 182
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:54:14 PM

I don't know but it sounds to me like they are going to be the next country to out right put a ban on all crypto currency.
Just like Indonesia did early in the year.
They just don't know how to handle it so they just ban what they can not control. Roll Eyes

Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:55:02 PM

I don't know but it sounds to me like they are going to be the next country to out right put a ban on all crypto currency.
Just like Indonesia did early in the year.
They just don't know how to handle it so they just ban what they can not control. Roll Eyes

You are absolutely wrong in your assumptions here.

First, Philippines is very crypto friendly, they have their local exchanges and they are planning to have more in the future.

Second, what the Senator is calling is just to like what other nation is calling, putting a regulations so that crypto will not be taken advantage of the criminals.

Third, many Flips, works outside of the country, and they are not using crypto as medium for sending remittances to the families back home.

And did you know that the one calling for harsher penalty in crypto because it is taken advantage of the criminals is behind bar? Yes, Senator de Lima, was charge with getting bribe money from drug syndicate? Isn't it ironic?

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:53:28 AM

I am wondering why such Senator is concerned about the growing criminality now to think that she preyed on the people by making tons of money through her power. If I am not mistaken she used to be the head of the justice system in the Philippines; and yet, she allows such criminality to take place so long as she monetarily benefits from it during her term. Nonetheless, say she is up for some good nowadays, I believe the Philippines should not just be accepting of cyptos but should likewise be proactive of it. Meaning, they can be accepting of it but should make laws that are at par with the modern times.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:41:32 AM

I am wondering why such Senator is concerned about the growing criminality now to think that she preyed on the people by making tons of money through her power. If I am not mistaken she used to be the head of the justice system in the Philippines; and yet, she allows such criminality to take place so long as she monetarily benefits from it during her term. Nonetheless, say she is up for some good nowadays, I believe the Philippines should not just be accepting of cyptos but should likewise be proactive of it. Meaning, they can be accepting of it but should make laws that are at par with the modern times.

This is probably to divert her case and redeem herself somehow by pointing crimes created by cryptocurrency.  Honestly there are lots of scam company that take advantage of Bitcoin and ICO popularity.   Anyways, I do agree that government should impose a strict rule with regards to company that take advantage of cryptocurrency since many of them are unlicensed with a reason that Bitcoin is decentralized so there is no need for them to register their company. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: