Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:54:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: For all miners, Asics are a dirty game against Cryptos - CN asic is a proof  (Read 500 times)
Goool

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:15:50 AM

Guys, it's very strange how every Asic company achieved at THE SAME TIME to build a Cryptonight Asic

What are the odds? 3 or 4 companies at the same time???

It's obvious, more than obvious that they build, mined a lot, increase the hashrate and now when most CN coins will fork to make Asics useless, they will sell quickly to people who are not well informed
This is not a fair game

Asics are destroying the decentralization and now they are think we miners are stupid to buy these doorsteps

We have to say no to Asics, and support coins that are against Asics. We are proud to say Cryptos are decentralized and we can control our coins, but if we support this kind of thing we are no different than bankers, government etc

Lets do something, or cpu, gpu, small miners will really die this year

I think more and more people will start to pay attention to things like hashrate going forward.  This is grade A douchebaggery.

hahah Agozyen you discovered the best words 'This is grade A douchebaggery'

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Goool

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:23:46 AM

Guys, it's very strange how every Asic company achieved at THE SAME TIME to build a Cryptonight Asic

It is pretty strange that they all released their CN ASICs all at the same time. My theory is they based it on AMD Vega's technology (because that GPU was a pretty badass CN miner).

Anyway, its all over and done for now. The onnly we can do is support the coins as they fork into more ASIC resistant versions of their algos. Boycotting ASIC miners isn't really feasible as there will always be stubborn people who will buy these ASICs even at inflated prices. Sad reality of life.

In one night they build them !!! Last week it was raining ideas in China and they came with the idea to build cryptonight miners.....
The douchebaggery BITMAIN, BAIKAL, PINDEA, Dragominer they smell cash and they started it the project long time ago and now that Monero developers they understood what is going on they Fork the coins and the grade A douchebaggery companies sell the used miners as NEW DISCOVERY !!!
rdluffy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1303

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 01:09:04 AM
Merited by Metroid (1)

Most countries have 100% or more tax import, if you buy on theses countries a gpu, tax is low cause price of gpu is low and that is related to how import tax is charged, now asics are expensive, so most of the world can't buy asics cause if for you as you must live in tax-free country then you will pay $12k now think about $24k or more for them. For gpu's don't work like that, maximum they will pay more is 30% tax. So people around the world can still compete if 30%, if 100% no. Also those countries might never give you the hardware, gpus they don't care, is a computer hardware, they will never take it from you. GPU's are used for gaming, bitcoin asics only for money. I have seen in many cases customs of many countries charged 500% to 1000% if they found out is a bitcoin altcoin asic and in many cases they took from you without any notice and there is nothing you can do.

So my point is, if you knew this and yet sided with asics then it means you do not believe in decentralization cause like many you are a greedy bastard and want centralization cause you use that to your advantage.

Right now you can buy ASICs considerably cheaper than a GPU rig so what the hell are you talking about?

So lets say I have to pay $1500 for an asic, then pay a 100% tax im sitting at $3000 for the ASIC. If I want to build a 6 card 1080 Ti rig im looking at $7000 before taxes at current prices. So how is it that ASICs are a barrier based on cost when they are cheaper, more reliable, easier to use, etc....?

The centralization argument still holds no water because there are MASSIVE GPU farms out there just like for ASICs. I mean I manage over 10,000 GPUs in my facility alone.

Hey, are you kidding?
GPUs are easier to find, you can find on stores, resellers, local websites etc
GPUs are more reliable, most of brands have 2 or 3 years warranty

I am brazilian, and in my country it's impossible to import an Asic or buy here
Our imports take more than 90 days to arrive, we have to pay 100% of taxes and another taxes to company who delivers

You only pay 7000 dollars on a 6 1080ti rig if you are a troll, it's not so difficulty to find cheaper GPUs even now

And your comparisson of a 1500 dollars Asic vs 6 1080 ti rig is nonsense...

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:25:07 AM

Most countries have 100% or more tax import, if you buy on theses countries a gpu, tax is low cause price of gpu is low and that is related to how import tax is charged, now asics are expensive, so most of the world can't buy asics cause if for you as you must live in tax-free country then you will pay $12k now think about $24k or more for them. For gpu's don't work like that, maximum they will pay more is 30% tax. So people around the world can still compete if 30%, if 100% no. Also those countries might never give you the hardware, gpus they don't care, is a computer hardware, they will never take it from you. GPU's are used for gaming, bitcoin asics only for money. I have seen in many cases customs of many countries charged 500% to 1000% if they found out is a bitcoin altcoin asic and in many cases they took from you without any notice and there is nothing you can do.

So my point is, if you knew this and yet sided with asics then it means you do not believe in decentralization cause like many you are a greedy bastard and want centralization cause you use that to your advantage.

Right now you can buy ASICs considerably cheaper than a GPU rig so what the hell are you talking about?

So lets say I have to pay $1500 for an asic, then pay a 100% tax im sitting at $3000 for the ASIC. If I want to build a 6 card 1080 Ti rig im looking at $7000 before taxes at current prices. So how is it that ASICs are a barrier based on cost when they are cheaper, more reliable, easier to use, etc....?

The centralization argument still holds no water because there are MASSIVE GPU farms out there just like for ASICs. I mean I manage over 10,000 GPUs in my facility alone.

Hey, are you kidding?
GPUs are easier to find, you can find on stores, resellers, local websites etc
GPUs are more reliable, most of brands have 2 or 3 years warranty

I am brazilian, and in my country it's impossible to import an Asic or buy here
Our imports take more than 90 days to arrive, we have to pay 100% of taxes and another taxes to company who delivers

You only pay 7000 dollars on a 6 1080ti rig if you are a troll, it's not so difficulty to find cheaper GPUs even now

And your comparisson of a 1500 dollars Asic vs 6 1080 ti rig is nonsense...

Good post and that says the guy with "10,000 GPUs in my facility", he must be spoiled to not see how things are around the world. He does not understand what means to be playing with the same rules, i guess he will never understand what is a worldwide fair competition. It's funny, he owns "10,000 GPUs in my facility" and yet defending asics, its unbelievable his level of denial.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: