Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:50:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Incorrect recaptcha"  (Read 184 times)
BillyBobZorton (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:57:00 PM

Im sure we Tor users are well aware of the "Try again" message after completing the recaptcha and generally trying a bunch of IPs's until you get one that isn't banned, but im getting a new one that I don't remember ever getting before...

After successfully completing the recaptcha clicking all the damn cars, roads and buses and what have you, I finally get the green checkmark, then I press login, and I get this error:

"An error has occurred!
"Incorrect recaptcha."

That's all. And this is a forum error btw, not an error within the recaptcha's box.

Any ideas in how to get around this and why it is happening? my take is that you are unlucky enough to get your Tor node's IP changed right after completing the captcha, and the forum gives you that error..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theymos_away

Activity: 82
Merit: 26

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:07:55 AM

It means that when the forum asked recaptcha whether you actually answered it correctly, recaptcha said no. IP change is a possibility.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 12:10:31 AM

Im sure we Tor users are well aware of the "Try again" message after completing the recaptcha and generally trying a bunch of IPs's until you get one that isn't banned, but im getting a new one that I don't remember ever getting before...

After successfully completing the recaptcha clicking all the damn cars, roads and buses and what have you, I finally get the green checkmark, then I press login, and I get this error:

"An error has occurred!
"Incorrect recaptcha."

That's all. And this is a forum error btw, not an error within the recaptcha's box.

Any ideas in how to get around this and why it is happening? my take is that you are unlucky enough to get your Tor node's IP changed right after completing the captcha, and the forum gives you that error..

Read the post of nellius in this topic, it might help you too much (once you succeed to pass 1 captcha) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2286988.msg32027659#msg32027659
If your problem is solved, lock the topic.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Dlugina23

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:28:14 AM

Clear cookies,install brave browser,reset modem,dont login in Google email.This help me.
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:50:33 AM

It means that when the forum asked recaptcha whether you actually answered it correctly, recaptcha said no. IP change is a possibility.
Yuph, I'm not using TOR for browsing. But I think the main problem why TOR keep saying "An error has occurred" and "incorrect recaptcha" is because of IP issue. Tor uses different IP's as it keeps you anonymous to the web. That's why everytime it loads/changed the recaptcha, the IP changed as well.

By the way OP, do you just encountered this issue recently? Are you not having trouble in recaptcha in the past? Because there is a possibility that this is a browser issue.
Clear cookies,install brave browser,reset modem,dont login in Google email.This help me.
Brave browser is a good browser to stay anonymous, but besides from Tor browser, you can try firefox focus as well.

404 Not Found
BillyBobZorton (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:19:41 PM

Yuph, I'm not using TOR for browsing. But I think the main problem why TOR keep saying "An error has occurred" and "incorrect recaptcha" is because of IP issue. Tor uses different IP's as it keeps you anonymous to the web. That's why everytime it loads/changed the recaptcha, the IP changed as well.

By the way OP, do you just encountered this issue recently? Are you not having trouble in recaptcha in the past? Because there is a possibility that this is a browser issue.
Brave browser is a good browser to stay anonymous, but besides from Tor browser, you can try firefox focus as well.

I have been having problems with the "try again" or "connection error" stuff within the captcha box before. Like I said before, this message is within the forum, not within the captcha box, and it happens after you get a green checkmark of a successfully completed captcha.

The only logical explanation is that the IP changes right after you complete the captcha, so once you press "login", you are already using a different IP, so the forum gives you that error. What I don't understand is that this happens even after I change IP sometimes, and as far as I know Tor only changes IP automatically every 10 minutes..
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:52:21 PM

Billy this may the cause of this possible error you find. Else you may use the any VPN addon in your browser. I see this whenever I use VPN software in my desktop. If you want to go with the VPN and seeing the incorrect captcha when it is right also.
You can turn it off with the VPN tokens and add the VPN after you logged into the website bro.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: