Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:45:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Campaign] Dero: CryptoNote Privacy with Smart Contracts  (Read 1166 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Ariosvaldo

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:41:39 PM

I'm no expert, but from my understanding, Dero private smart contracts is what is missing for real business adoption of crypto currencies. I'm not talking only about big companies, but the local store we see in every neighborhood. If an owner wants to use an dapp in their establishment, she/he'll think twice when they realize that people can easily keep track on its address. I see Dero one step ahead on being trustless, we dont need to trust a third party and we dont need really to bother of many others that may be interested in look into your data to take advantage. Businessmen will feel safe from ill intentions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
--Serena-- (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:11:03 PM

This link has some great ideas to help people get started! (https://blockgeeks.com/guides/what-is-blockchain-technology/)
--Serena-- (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:12:58 PM

I'm no expert, but from my understanding, Dero private smart contracts is what is missing for real business adoption of crypto currencies. I'm not talking only about big companies, but the local store we see in every neighborhood. If an owner wants to use an dapp in their establishment, she/he'll think twice when they realize that people can easily keep track on its address. I see Dero one step ahead on being trustless, we dont need to trust a third party and we dont need really to bother of many others that may be interested in look into your data to take advantage. Businessmen will feel safe from ill intentions.

Thank you for your submission and this is absolutely one of the critical things missing today with cryptocurrency  Smiley
--Serena-- (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:45:37 PM

We've had some great replies so far! Keep them coming  Smiley
--Serena-- (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:45:08 AM

https://medium.com/@867cryptocurrency/dero-a-new-blockchain-technology-that-brings-cryptonote-privacy-together-with-smart-contracts-4cc4972c81f8
Lim_Mut

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 03:07:05 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2018, 08:14:42 PM by Lim_Mut

Hello, DERO enthusiasts.
I think DERO must be implemented in the health sector. Where patients must sharing private information about themselves and many of them worried about it.
This is one of the many aspects in the health sector where DERO can using. Also, many researching medical/statistic programm have problem with data collection. DERO can help. Imagine, you have your medical private info in a blockchain protected by cryptography, in any time and any place you have the all info for your needs. Also, you can accept agreement what if some institute or researching laboratory use your info for them researhes they will pay your by DERO as a reward for your information. And, oddly enough, your anonimity doesn't suffer. I see just pluses:

1) Everywhere and everytime, if you need, you have access for all your medical info;
2) Benefits for researchers who always have problem with actual info;
3) Economy for the whole health/research sector;
4) Good scalability for other directions (insurance, bank sector, law sector ant others.) where must be confidentiality.
--Serena-- (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:49:50 AM

Thank you Lim_Mut!!
--Serena-- (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:31:39 AM

Here's some stuff to get your creative minds working  Smiley

* DERO is the first blockchain to have complete SSL in the P2P layer. This greatly increases privacy and security.
* DERO will be the first CryptoNote blockchain to have smart contracts on its native chain without any extra layers or secondary blockchains.
* Dero is currently backwards compatible with the old CryptoNote protocol (Helium Hydra)
* Dero is a new blockchain technology based on CryptoNote
* Dero combines Cryptonote privacy and smart contracts
* Dero just completed its Q1 roadmap 3 weeks ahead of time
* Dero is now starting smart contract development
* Golang daemon utilizes less resources and syncs faster than original CryptoNote daemon
* Dero Virtual Machines (in development) is a Turing complete, 256-bit virtual machine built for Dero
* Dero Virtual Machines will support the Golang language
* GUI wallets are being added in Q2
* Dero is developing atomic swaps for its new blockchain technology based on CryptoNote
* Dero is now listed on SouthXchange
* Assets may be privately managed on Dero's blockchain
* Dero is developing hardware wallets with biometric protection
* Dero will be performing regular audits and updates of the core cryptography to negate the benefits of quantum computations.
* DERO will be the first CryptoNote blockchain to have smart contracts on its native chain without any extra layers or secondary blockchains.
--Serena-- (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:42:31 AM

We still have room for some thoughtful entries!
Lim_Mut

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:33:05 PM

Hello again.
I thought a little about Golang/SSL, implemented in DERO, and have some ideas. In theory the use of DERO for exchanges or PSP (payment service providers) will provide a more stable/privacy/secure connection with users and services.
Also it can give more in different web-services what uses a lot information about their users and need safe connection.
Besides, adding the NFC to a mobile wallet can give us a good and secure payment instrument.
Lim_Mut

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:49:48 PM

Hello again.
I thought a little about Golang/SSL, implemented in DERO, and have some ideas. In theory the use of DERO for exchanges or PSP (payment service providers) will provide a more stable/privacy/secure connection with users and services.
Also it can give more in different web-services what uses a lot information about their users and need safe connection.
Besides, adding the NFC to a mobile wallet can give us a good and secure payment instrument.

P.S. This can be a good solution for the digital economy. Such chenese systems are known as "Zhima credit" or "Sesame Credit". Big brother is wathcing you, but it gave some pluses for chenese society...but the big brother's eye... zero privacy...bad, disgusting.
The system of social credit gives pluses for progress for all people, but we remember about big brother. And now we have instrument such as DERO.
You want take a credit or sell something on the marketplace, you find a worker with a good real reputation and etc. All of you need it is a smarphone with
 a social credit system app built on DERO techs. The social credit system protects your interest from speculation and fraud, protects your privacy and your information. In a special app placed your wallet, social credit system, bank info, medical info and all what you need else. Biometrical identification with hidden markers   which is activated if someone forces you and automatically sends a signal to police/security.
CaptDero

Activity: 308
Merit: 33

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:07:31 AM

Hello again.

P.S. This can be a good solution for the digital economy. Such chenese systems are known as "Zhima credit" or "Sesame Credit". Big brother is wathcing you, but it gave some pluses for chenese society...but the big brother's eye... zero privacy...bad, disgusting.
The system of social credit gives pluses for progress for all people, but we remember about big brother. And now we have instrument such as DERO.
You want take a credit or sell something on the marketplace, you find a worker with a good real reputation and etc. All of you need it is a smarphone with
 a social credit system app built on DERO techs. The social credit system protects your interest from speculation and fraud, protects your privacy and your information. In a special app placed your wallet, social credit system, bank info, medical info and all what you need else. Biometrical identification with hidden markers   which is activated if someone forces you and automatically sends a signal to police/security.

Noted. Thanks for your inputs.
Nelbert442

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:57:23 AM

Quoting from Serena's medium.com article below:

Integration with telecom gateways: Dero’s blockchain was built in such a way as to allow integration with telecommunication gateways, to send and receive short message service (SMS a.k.a. text) messages. Once your wallet is certified with a telecom operator, you will be able to send text messages that take advantage of the privacy features from the CryptoNote protocol. For example, ring CT signatures are just one of many features used to hide your data. One-time password verified SMS data will be relayed to the appropriate wallet and held completely privately for only the recipient.

This statement / idea has me thinking about usage of SMS to securely message individual parties without risking it being fished in transit. I can think of a couple scenarios for this in which messages would be intended to be sent securely, and could even potentially leverage a sort of "self destruction" or something through smart contract or some other means (this detail is hazy to me at time of writing this so far). A few situations I will outline below where I think secure SMS could potentially be useful:

• Today you have individuals utilizing apps like Snapchat or "incognito mode" on texting apps like Allo etc. with the pure reasoning to have the message be deleted after a certain amount of time. This way your conversation was taken place at one given point in time, and no other. The utilization of Dero's blockchain technology and integration with telecom gateways could allow for these secure transmissions through SMS to be carried out. While we understand the snapchat etc. messages to only last so long, they were still transmitted over the internet and in one form trackable.
  • Perhaps military use cases or secure operations could utilize these secure transmissions as classified data or intelligence may be sent through quick communication. Now I'm sure they have their own communication methods today, and not condoning Dero to hold classified details on the blockchain, but I would imagine the technology itself could in turn be utilized for such a thing.

These are just two possibilities that I was thinking of while reading that article and really thought the telecom gateway integration stood out to me. Curious what you all think for this or if I'm way out in left field as far as understanding this concept.
--Serena-- (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:10:29 AM

Quoting from Serena's medium.com article below:

Integration with telecom gateways: Dero’s blockchain was built in such a way as to allow integration with telecommunication gateways, to send and receive short message service (SMS a.k.a. text) messages. Once your wallet is certified with a telecom operator, you will be able to send text messages that take advantage of the privacy features from the CryptoNote protocol. For example, ring CT signatures are just one of many features used to hide your data. One-time password verified SMS data will be relayed to the appropriate wallet and held completely privately for only the recipient.

This statement / idea has me thinking about usage of SMS to securely message individual parties without risking it being fished in transit. I can think of a couple scenarios for this in which messages would be intended to be sent securely, and could even potentially leverage a sort of "self destruction" or something through smart contract or some other means (this detail is hazy to me at time of writing this so far). A few situations I will outline below where I think secure SMS could potentially be useful:

• Today you have individuals utilizing apps like Snapchat or "incognito mode" on texting apps like Allo etc. with the pure reasoning to have the message be deleted after a certain amount of time. This way your conversation was taken place at one given point in time, and no other. The utilization of Dero's blockchain technology and integration with telecom gateways could allow for these secure transmissions through SMS to be carried out. While we understand the snapchat etc. messages to only last so long, they were still transmitted over the internet and in one form trackable.
  • Perhaps military use cases or secure operations could utilize these secure transmissions as classified data or intelligence may be sent through quick communication. Now I'm sure they have their own communication methods today, and not condoning Dero to hold classified details on the blockchain, but I would imagine the technology itself could in turn be utilized for such a thing.

These are just two possibilities that I was thinking of while reading that article and really thought the telecom gateway integration stood out to me. Curious what you all think for this or if I'm way out in left field as far as understanding this concept.

Thanks Nelbert!
rameses786

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:23:53 AM

I have created a fan based website http://dero.us/ that talks about the Dero project. Website will be frequently updated and I have also created an app for the official dero pool that will be uploaded to the website as well for other community members.
iswara377

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:52:52 AM

reserved
--Serena-- (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:51:14 PM

Any creative use case counts as a creative writing entry if you expand on your thought here a bit!
rameses786

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:29:58 PM

Created an Android app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dero.android
--Serena-- (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:45:53 PM

Something to think about while writing: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/8acg3j/dero_is_calling_out_network_attackers/
--Serena-- (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:35:51 AM

Thank you!!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: