Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:39:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone worried how fast BTC is climbing in price?  (Read 8325 times)
maursader

Activity: 509
Merit: 250

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:45:56 AM

I'm not shocked at the price gains. I think it's moreso the market movements.  Markets with the higher volumes, and more aggressive volumes, are the ones that will win in the long run.. and by win, I mean, control the overall price through leading other markets (Gox for example, 2 years ago).
Zaih

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 05:23:35 AM

Chinese investment
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:18:31 AM

S-curve of course, but that S doesn't start inflecting until wayyyyyyyy later, like when a significant percentage of the population owns a significant amount of BTC.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 07:04:49 AM

S-curve of course, but that S doesn't start inflecting until wayyyyyyyy later, like when a significant percentage of the population owns a significant amount of BTC.

you know that bitcoin is mainstream when...

-there are loads of bitcoin magazines at the newsstands
-there are bitcoin tv shows on every channel
-the taxman starts accepting payments in btc
-a bitcoin wallet is a feature of windows 10
-reports about the first trillionaires hit the news
-your kid demands its pocket money in btc
-your grandma starts mining altcoin
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 12:55:13 PM

-your grandma starts mining altcoin

LOL! Shocked

One of my grandmothers is pretty much 100 years old, and surprisingly sharp and sprightly for someone whose lifespan covers what appears to most of us like almost an eternity, but she barely manages to use a PC with dial-up modem to be honest. I can just envisage her setting up a bank of LTC FPGAs... hahaha... Grin

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
leannemckim46

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 12:57:34 PM

The price is going up too fast. High risk of bubbling.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 01:46:13 PM

I'm a bit worried.  Smiley

Took some decent profits already... had to, really. It went up so quickly while I was sleeping I couldn't move my limit orders... still got plenty to sell if this goes parabolic, though.  Smiley

This is parabolic now is it not?

To keep a realistic eye on the price, we must use a log scale graphic.. 1$ to 10$ is tenfold, as from 10$ to 100$, 100$ to 1000$.. That's why the log scale grapghic are way more realistic, from an investment point of view.

I dont see any parabolic or bubble here yet :

lucas.sev

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 01:50:24 PM

I'm a bit worried.  Smiley

Took some decent profits already... had to, really. It went up so quickly while I was sleeping I couldn't move my limit orders... still got plenty to sell if this goes parabolic, though.  Smiley

This is parabolic now is it not?

To keep a realistic eye on the price, we must use a log scale graphic.. 1$ to 10$ is tenfold, as from 10$ to 100$, 100$ to 1000$.. That's why the log scale grapghic are way more realistic, from an investment point of view.

I dont see any parabolic or bubble here yet :

Whats on the y axis?
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 01:58:29 PM

Y axis are $, but some are missing a 0.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
DoomDumas
Legendary

Bitcoin

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:00:25 PM

1 year !

sorry for the bad crop in the previous post !
Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:01:51 PM

No. Second Market entering bitcoin market can easily quadruple the price in just few months. $200 is peanuts.

Bitcoin has yet a long way to go to reach the market can of Angry Birds., which is around $7 billion http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2141123/Angry-Birds-creators-float-stock-market-5-5-BILLION-puzzle-game-hits-200-million-users-month.html Wink

Bitcoin barely made it past $2billion.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

maursader

Activity: 509

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:44:21 PM

No matter what the charts say, it's all about supply, demand, support and resistance, right? If there's too much resistance, that $1000/btc price will be a dream.. and $200, a reality. Just my $0.05 (since we don't have pennies in canada anymore!)
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:48:50 PM

200 Mark is not too far!  Shocked
Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:54:45 PM

So,

Like 150 a day after difficulty goes up, 180 2 days later, heavy volume on MTgOX.

Is this not worrying anyone?

Who is injecting all this money anyway? 

Is the ASIC producers in China trying to keep the value up to sell the miners?

It's looking like quite a bubble.  And so far there is very little "Technical Analysis" type chart formatiations in the past.  Maybe the daytraders are taking over?

We are losing stability here, I think.

Interesting theory about the ASIC producers, i'm not sure it's a viable strategy with all the competition though.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Hfleer

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:59:03 PM

Nope, I don't trade bitcoin for "useless" fiat fraudster paper very often. I do flip altcoins, however. In future speculation I will keep a close eye on the gold price too, because if both bitcoin and gold are exploding versus USD, that is a clear sign of USD collapsing rather than commodities simply bubbling up.

You wouldn't want to buy my cold-stored bitcoin from me anyway because you can buy it on an exchange like Bitstamp or Coinbase for less than 0,1% of the price. Grin (Put another way, by the time my time comes round to selling BTC en masse, there won't be any need to.)

But for gold it's easy to know whats happening now.  Governments colude to keep it down to avoid panic.  This baby (printing fiat like there is no tomorrow) will keep working as long as suckers are buying it.  So far its the chinese, but there are a lot of other countries buying it to.

Yup printing fiat seems to be working real well for the Government, taxing alone is not going to cover the spending. 

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:01:21 PM

I'm not "worried", but I do think a crash of some kind will follow this rise. That is the nature of the game. No worries. Long term we look great right now.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Hfleer

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:04:33 PM

There are still SO many people who think parabolic is the only possible shape for price increases. S-shape is a perfectly viable option. And seeing as we aren't at the bottom of the $13-$266 jump, that wasn't parabolic in the sense that most people use the word.

Yes S-shape makes good sense eventually, hadn't thought of that.  I've seen it before a few times but have forgotten about it.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 04:37:43 PM

MtGox 1-year chart showing volume bars in USD (keep in mind that MtGox dominance has been dropping in terms of volume as well).

The curve looks a bit steep, similar to the middle of the last bubble rather than the beginning, so we may be in for a sort of half-bubble, where we go up only 5x or so before peaking. Or we might consolidate soon for a while, maybe with some corrections thrown in, and then continue to have an epic melt-up.

DoomDumas
Legendary

Bitcoin

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 05:01:14 PM

I'm wondering.. Maybe it's not that BTC appreciate that much, but maybe more poeples are understanding that the actual fiat-printing-currency system is on the verge of total faillure (currently slowly falling appart).

Maybe BTC will worth 10k$, but a bread will cost 120$ and we will earn around 300$ by hour of work.

If USD loses value, BTC gains by simple math.  Add this to the fast evolution of business, coupled by the fact that less than 1% of the world population really know what BTC is..

Next years will be very very interesting.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 05:10:53 PM

I'm wondering.. Maybe it's not that BTC appreciate that much, but maybe more poeples are understanding that the actual fiat-printing-currency system is on the verge of total faillure (currently slowly falling appart).
No. I am quite confident that this is not what is happening, on any level. At all. We're a long ways away from there, I think.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: