Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:41:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do subwoofers fsck up hard drives?  (Read 1246 times)
indicasteve (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2011, 12:06:51 AM

Well...  I like to listen to stuff with bass.  Shakes the shit out of the whole house.

My pc is in the same room as the sound system and when it's on, anything that's not nailed down looks like a woman's sex toy skitting across the floor.

I know sub-bass can't be 'good' for a hard drive, but just how 'bad' is it?  I try and keep my pc as far away from the subs as possible, but bass goes through anything.

Maybe I should go to SSD for my 'media player'?

IDK...  anyone else have a hard drive crap out because you hammered it with your subsoofers?

Art Express!  Native American Art, Crafts and Weapons!  coingig.com/ArtExpress
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 01:58:12 AM

never had an issue with it but if you're worried about it get a laptop with a shock sensor instead

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
indicasteve (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2011, 03:23:42 AM

Hmmm...

It's the harmonics...   keeping the same waveform over a sustained length of time seems to amplify the effect... gotta love the bass...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvDNqAY8gx4

I gotta log out..my neighbors are getting pissed.

Art Express!  Native American Art, Crafts and Weapons!  coingig.com/ArtExpress
silverchair

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2011, 04:00:39 AM

Its not actually the subwoofers that has done with your hard drives, its actually the vibration when its played too loud and shakes the drive.  Smiley

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
Nagios

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

thevapebook.com

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2011, 08:37:06 AM

Pretty interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDacjrSCeq4

Find something I said tip worthy? 1Nf47w5mk7a425xLTrV8U4eswqveoxwTv1
silverchair

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 05:03:39 AM

Cool, this one would surely help you  Smiley

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: