Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:58:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly labs did everything they could to make getting a refund impossible.  (Read 4599 times)
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:39:43 AM

lol well that's not quite the story you led us to believe there was it...

That's nothing, awhile back I order 200 hard drives and I got honey.

The funny thing is that the honey had UPS labels going to different destination, I contact the seller and he contact UPS.

UPS called me and asked me for more info, I told about the honey, which I think the didn't believe me either.

When they finish asking all the stupid questions,
    I asked them about the Honey, they told me to keep it, being that it was allot I gave it away to the family, 2 days later they call me that if I still had the honey, I only had two left.
 (they came and took my last 2 boxes)

Also 1 year ago order some computer speaker, so when FedEx came it hand me a box, I sign for then he left.
I open the box, it was an Brand New HP Laser Printer, so I figure WTF!.
Around 30mins later the same FedEx truck comes back (im thinking he came for the box he gave me) and tells that he forgot to give my other 2 boxes, so gave me the other boxes (which were the speakers).

So I kept the HP Printer sold it on eBay for $800.

Wow, that is just disgusting and dishonest.

I hope a cargo plane full of used dildos comes crashing down on your head.

Per post office regulations, if something comes in the mail that you didn't order, you can either keep it or throw it away, but you have no obligation to return it or pay for it if a bill comes later.  It is a violation of federal law to send something in the mail that was not ordered and follow it up with a bill.  Usually I will offer to send back the box if they mail me or email me a label, (things get delivered to my address incorrectly quite a lot. not sure why.), but if the company is being dicks about it (telling me I have to pay for the merchandise or pay to send it back), then I ask for them to produce a copy of my order requesting the merchandise.  Usually they threaten to sue, so I give them this link I keep handy: https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/investigations/MailFraud/fraudschemes/othertypes/UnsolicitedFraud.aspx and tell them that further communications will result in a report to the USPIS.  That usually stops further communications.

More info here: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise

I would presume that FedEX and UPS have to follow the same set of rules since they operate within the monopoly of the USPS (They have to charge a minimum of 6x the rate of a letter for example)

Thanks for the info  Wink

Going to keep that little link on ICE for when its needed Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:49:35 AM

The funny thing is that the honey had UPS labels going to different destination, I contact the seller and he contact UPS.

UPS called me and asked me for more info, I told about the honey, which I think the didn't believe me either.

I asked them about the Honey, they told me to keep it, being that it was allot I gave it away to the family, 2 days later they call me that if I still had the honey, I only had two left.

Also 1 year ago order some computer speaker, so when FedEx came it hand me a box, I sign for then he left.
Around 30mins later the same FedEx truck comes back (im thinking he came for the box he gave me) and tells that he forgot to give my other 2 boxes, so gave me the other boxes (which were the speakers).

You are admitting to fraud on here? 

There goes your trust.  And you are now on my ignore list so I never do business with you, ever.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:20:31 AM

There goes your trust.  And you are now on my ignore list so I never do business with you, ever.
Didn't someone just pointed out the law says you can keep stuff you get from mail even if it wasn't meant for you?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
jasonjm (OP)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 05:58:34 AM

[/quote]

You still fucked your self,

If you purchase it via PayPal with your AMEX, that means that PayPal got chargeback and not BFL.

If this happened that means your PayPal account has a negative balance which you now owe them, if you don't pay up they will freeze your account and then send you to collections.
And make it almost impossible to reopen another account.

[/quote]

I dont agree with your logic.

1) do any of you *really* care if your paypal account is frozen? or closed? big deal..... I can just use another family members account if need be, and that is a big IF. I have had zero luck with paypal on any dispute, as long as they got their money they really do not care. Thats why I only use AMEX on paypal, because I trust paypal as much as BFL. And my paypal is linked to a bank account which I dont keep more than $100 in.

2) BFL actually attempted to refund me 3/4 of the money, but paypal refused the refund because the amounts didn't match, so they sent the money back to BFL twice. Don't ask me why BFL couldnt just refund the correct amount. Don't ask me why paypal couldn't do a partial refund. It got to the point that paypal refused to refund unless it was an exact matching amount, and BFL refused to refund the correct amount (no explanation given).

3) paypal is still accepting new orders for BFL. If paypal indeed ate the chargeback, they will leverage that against new money that is coming into the BFL account. Do you really think paypal are going to give BFL all their weekly order money PLUS ignore the chargebacks against the BFL account and take the hit for BFL? cmon use some logic here.......  paypal will subtract the chargebacks to BFL against future income.

Therefore in the end

a) i dont lose i got my money back
b) paypal doesnt lose they get their money back
c) BFL doesnt lose because they were selling promises, not an actual product.

the end.

CrashX

Merit: 101

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:51:02 AM

There goes your trust.  And you are now on my ignore list so I never do business with you, ever.

Im not a fraud.

How can I?

Did I leave a package at my house, did I?

Did FedEx request it back? No.

Somebody Fuck up (FedEx).

I didn't, how can I be a fraud...dumbass.

If a bank deposits me extra money into my account, Im not going to call them. They Fucked up.

My question do you think if the bank lost your money(deposit), they care enough to help you? No, they will ask for the receipt of the deposit. This happened to me at Wells Fargo Bank.

They are not your friends, most corporation will fuck in the ass if they get the chance. BFL might just be one of them...

What BIZ, your talking about?
I'm not in the newbie section posting ad for 7Gh/10Gh for $400/4BTC, trying to rip people off. Dumbass...
CrashX

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:11:46 AM

1. Its not that easy, unless you go to a different location to use it, like your family house. Then your good .
As a Buyer on eBay I have won multiple claims, like from crappy chines clones to phones not working and so on.
As a Seller I haven't lost any claim I make sure I get Adult Signature and its Insured on every single thing.
I do trust PayPal, but I never keep more than $200 inside PayPal.

2. Most likely BFL account is frozen and the you can't issue partial refund, if it is, or they are telling BS, have you try sending them a money request?
Also have you talked to PayPal call them, tell them that BFL is trying to issue a Partial Refund and the system wasn't allowing them to do so. They will give you details as you have transaction with BFL.

3. PayPal will always accept money, even if your account is Frozen and/or Limited. Then they'll send them a check after 180 Days. And remember that Negative Balance is on the Buyer Account, not on BFL account.

They can't they need to follow Federal Banking laws,
(Its like having a Bank of America Checking Account that just went negative, they can't access your Bank of America Credit card to cover that negative balance.)

Weekly Order? You could take the money out the second you get it.

CrashX

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:14:23 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2013, 11:29:46 PM by CrashX

I dont agree with your logic.

Therefore in the end

a) i dont lose i got my money back
b) paypal doesnt lose they get their money back
c) BFL doesnt lose because they were selling promises, not an actual product.

1. Its not that easy, unless you go to a different location to use it, like your family house. Then your good .
As a Buyer on eBay I have won multiple claims, like from crappy chines clones to phones not working and so on.
As a Seller I haven't lost any claim I make sure I get Adult Signature and its Insured on every single thing.
I do trust PayPal, but I never keep more than $200 inside PayPal.

2. Most likely BFL account is frozen and the you can't issue partial refund, if it is, or they are telling BS, have you try sending them a money request?
Also have you talked to PayPal call them, tell them that BFL is trying to issue a Partial Refund and the system wasn't allowing them to do so. They will give you details as you have transaction with BFL.

3. PayPal will always accept money, even if your account is Frozen and/or Limited. Then they'll send them a check after 180 Days. And remember that Negative Balance is on the Buyer Account, not on BFL account.

They can't they need to follow Federal Banking laws,
(Its like having a Bank of America Checking Account that just went negative, they can't access your Bank of America Credit card to cover that negative balance.)

Weekly Order? You could take the money out the second you get it.
vcsmith

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:36:48 PM

paypal does have some kind of a insurance system right? if BFL comes out to be a scam. you could ask for a refund right?
i bought 2x jelapenos there for almost 400$ total...
it hurts bad when you see asicminers all arround the world already deliverd, live and kicking. and bfl cant even deliver in time.

ATM their on delivering the backorders from november2012.
so basically they delivered 6 months backorders in 2 months mass production.(from april 2013 till now)
my order was in april so i assume its gonna take them another 2 months to maaaaybe deliver my order? thats what i call fraud and bad project management... by the time 5GH/s is nothing worth.

Paypal will help you but only if you file the dispute within 45 days of the purchase...

PayPal got me a refund, and I was months past the 45-day window.  See here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266945.0
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:44:36 PM

Public Service Announcement:

If you have ordered from Butterfly Labs (BFL) and have not yet received your product, you are entitled to a refund whenever you request one (per FTC rules).

First ask Butterfly Labs (BFL) for one, they will probably say no but you might get lucky.
If you ordered via PayPal you can file a complaint with them even if you are outside the 45 day window. One customer has already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days.

If you ordered via BTC or Bank wire, you can fill out a complaint with the FTC and they will advocate for you with Butterfly Labs (BFL) to get your refund. You can also contact the office of the Kansas Attorney General and inform them that you have had your money taken with no product delivered for months, just more promises.

There are also several threads on how to get a refund from Butterfly Labs (BFL), here are two:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266945.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272585.0
Ytterbium

Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 08:45:28 PM

You still fucked your self,

If you purchase it via PayPal with your AMEX, that means that PayPal got chargeback and not BFL.

If this happened that means your PayPal account has a negative balance which you now owe them, if you don't pay up they will freeze your account and then send you to collections.
And make it almost impossible to reopen another account.

Paypal sucks anyway. I have no idea why anyone would actually want to link their bank account with those assholes.  Just use it as a CC processor and if they close the account fuck 'em.

Sc@rF@c3

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 12:32:48 AM

I read Xian01's post

BFL have no terms and conditions or returns policy on their web site (correct me if you find anything but dead links).
They make it up as they go along.

Is this breaking the USA law?
I know in other countries, Terms and conditions (including returns) & Privacy policy must be clearly displayed in separate links.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: