Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:03:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweep forum account?  (Read 148 times)
sparkedhosting (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:30:49 PM

There's an old account posting about a domain that they once owned, and I now own. Is there any way I can either get ownership of the account or get the old content removed so I don't have any branding issues when I start rolling out services?

sparkeddev is the old account.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:39:33 PM

Contact him. He's a nice guy he might help you.

Other than that, NO!

He has no obligation to help you. When you purchase a domain you purchase its history.
sparkedhosting (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:49:37 AM

Yup, I gotcha. I'm very aware of that, just trying to simplify the process if possible. He's been idle over a year.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:43:43 AM

There's an old account posting about a domain that they once owned, and I now own. Is there any way I can either get ownership of the account or get the old content removed so I don't have any branding issues when I start rolling out services?

sparkeddev is the old account.

If you own the domain then you should have the credentials to access the domain DNS and other stuffs of the domain and hosting. If you do not know what to do then contact with the actual domain company (goDadday, hostgator etc not sure in your case who they are) they will be able to help you to resolve your issue.

The user sparkeddev last logged in on January 22, 2017 which is over a year ago. So, I think awaiting for him to get connected and then resolve your issue is just waste of time. In fact if for some reason if you find him/her still you will need to do the same thing either by on your own or by him/her.

PS: If you are asking for owning sparkeddev then I do not think it's a valid question since account buying and selling should not be valid in the forum rule.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 11:54:44 AM

The user sparkeddev last logged in on January 22, 2017 which is over a year ago. So, I think awaiting for him to get connected and then resolve your issue is just waste of time. In fact if for some reason if you find him/her still you will need to do the same thing either by on your own or by him/her.

Sending a PM might still work. IIRC "Notify by email every time you receive a personal message" is set to Always as a default so unless they turned it off or changed email address they will get the message.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sparkedhosting (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:13:47 PM

If you own the domain then you should have the credentials to access the domain DNS and other stuffs of the domain and hosting. If you do not know what to do then contact with the actual domain company (goDadday, hostgator etc not sure in your case who they are) they will be able to help you to resolve your issue.

As far as I can tell, they didnt register the account on the domain, so sending a recovery email to "the account holder" isn't working. I did a catch-all but I'm gonna give it another go today now that I've actually slept for the first time in 3 days. Also, I'm all self-hosted on the domain side. Hosting accounts are shared reseller for the first 100 accounts, then I've got a stack that I'll be setting in a tier3 DC. Basically, I hate hostgator, godaddy, and bluehost so am rolling out a service that's still cheap but not as cheap/shitty and hoping for the best. We'll see if people like it or not.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: