Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:28:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Love Max Keiser's Show - (I think I need change my dollars)  (Read 1950 times)
philip2000uk (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 06:53:26 PM

I chose to have my paypal account in dollars instead of GBP but oh well i'm guessing both USD and GBP are in the same boat.  Maybe I need to get Chinese Yuan though their money is quite hard to get too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap0-gn8vCmw

Leather girls identity film2 on youtube and website link i accept bitcoin Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 07:43:27 PM

I watch him on RT [Russia Today] and he is very smart about economic matters, especially the US economy.

Max Keiser Makes Price Of Bitcoin Surge After Mentioning It On UK Primetime TV, But Who Is He?

http://www.ibtimes.com/max-keiser-makes-price-bitcoin-surge-after-mentioning-it-uk-primetime-tv-who-he-1457950

By Christopher Harress
on November 06 2013 12:36 PM

“Can you explain to us in an entirely understandable way what Bitcoin is?” was the question that introduced many Britons to Russia Today financial commentator Max Keiser as he presented his plainspoken approach to money on the BBC satirical news show "Have I Got News For You."
Who Is Max Keiser?

His answer was simple. “It’s an electronic currency that’s used exactly like money except it’s not backed by any state, so you have no state interference and they can’t print it,” he said during the Nov. 1 primetime broadcast, which was watched by 7 million people.

Almost immediately after the audience heard Keiser's explanation of something that few understand, the value of bitcoin shot up by about $30 (from about $210/unit) over the following three days.

“In Cyprus, when the banking system started to collapse, the adoption of Bitcoin skyrocketed. Same thing in Greece. Same thing in Venezuela,” said Keiser, whose full name is Timothy Maxwell Keiser.

The energetic and controversial presenter has built a reputation on saying the things that others appeared too scared to say and has been a constant thorn in the side of many in the banking world, including JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM), which he alleges sold silver that did not physically exist to artificially hike the price. The reality is if someone came to collect that silver, JPMorgan would be forced onto the open market to buy it, he has said. While his trash-talking may come across as a mere ratings ploy -- for example, he called for a fatwa on then-U.S. Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson at the height of the global financial crisis -- Keiser has been cited in nearly every top business publication to date giving his view on a wide variety of financial issues.

Keiser, 53, grew up in Westchester, N.Y., and attended New York University, where he studied theater. He took a part-time job at Paine Webber as a stock broker in the 1980s before going on to create the HSX Holdings/Hollywood Stock Exchange, allowing traders to exchange virtual securities with convertible virtual current, known as the “Hollywood Dollar.” The exchange was later bought by renowned financial services firm Cantor Fitzgerald.

Keiser then went into a broadcasting career producing short financial documentaries for Al-Jazeera before moving to BBC World News to do "The Oracle with Max Keiser," where he covered current affairs with a humorous spin.

While he continues to present "The Truth About Markets" on Resonance 104.04 in London and RDU 98.5 in Christchurch, New Zealand, he and his wife, Stacy Herbert, also work on "The Keiser Report" on the Kremlin-funded RT television network. The show takes complex financial issues and presents them as easy-to-understand chunks with an edge and a lot of shouting.

Such is the popularity of the show, he’s been able to invite names such as actress Roseanne Barr, political figures like George Galloway and a host of comedians to discuss politics and finance.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 07:58:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApJQayATWlM

heres a short clip of the episode. although i do not think this one episode caused the surge..

checking historic charts snce april there has been a pattern of a huge growth, leading to a drop at the start of the month (first week of EVERY month) then followed by 3 weeks of slower upward movement.

so this week is just part of that same pattern

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:43:49 PM

Max Keiser Makes Price Of Bitcoin Surge After Mentioning It On UK Primetime TV, But Who Is He?

Let's make that more objective: it was decided by the producers of a UK Primetime TV show that Max Keiser promoting Bitcoin was edited in, not edited out. It was a panel comedy show about newspaper stories, and it was not a live broadcast. I looked at all this on Youtube, there are at least 10 minutes of out-take footage that was not included in the airtime edit of the show (probably pretty typical for this type of show).

Someone at the BBC likes Bitcoin, I think. It wouldn't have gone out like that otherwise, it's inherently a political topic.

Vires in numeris
No_2

Activity: 901
Merit: 1031

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:54:04 AM

Big fan of Max Keiser too ever since I discovered Russia Today.

I'm also a big fan of Have I got News for You. Didn't realise he'd been on, will have to catch that episode.

Been to a few filming of HIGNFY and yes they film a lot, and keep what they best judge to be funny and is required for continuity. They have a team watching for the final edit and sometimes re-shoot a few bits at the end (normal the guest hosts bits) too to improve on the original takes and improve continuity.

Who says the camera never lies.

Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 01:13:05 AM

I watched that episode and I have to say, I didn't get the impression he was entirely clear on how it worked either.

He also unfortunately came off slightly loony. He would go off on rants about the financial system and it lost him credibility.

It was also clear that the panel will barely remember anything about Bitcoin.

He left no lasting impression.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 06:06:18 AM

Max is and definitely has been a huge supporter of bitcoin for quite some time.

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:10:20 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2013, 06:50:04 AM by beetcoin

you should google up "max keiser pump and dump." he kind of comes across to me as an asshole too. imo, just because he supports bitcoin does not make him a good guy. and just because he has his own underground program doesn't make him the good guy either.
lepirate

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

Garbochock

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:40:19 AM

Watched a recent analysis he did about bitcoins. Awesome really!  Cheesy
Ecurb123

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:02:27 AM

I watched that episode and I have to say, I didn't get the impression he was entirely clear on how it worked either.

He also unfortunately came off slightly loony. He would go off on rants about the financial system and it lost him credibility.

It was also clear that the panel will barely remember anything about Bitcoin.

He left no lasting impression.

I like him and whats he's doing but like you I don't care for the ranting, seems cheap.
QRKcoiner

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:18:13 AM

BTCBTCBTC1000 2000 5000 10000 1000000000BTCBTCBTC

lets go

king max show  Cool

http://youtu.be/79suBRCg4Sk

techstorm2

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 09:20:31 AM

Im in the UK and watch HIGNFY most weeks, I was surprised (gobsmacked) when the panel was introduced and Max was on, Ive watched RT and seen vids of him on youtube and although he is knowledgable, he always has to spoil it by going on a global financial apocolypse rant! and then comes across as a loony, this doesnt help spread the bitcoin word, I also got the impression he didnt know much about bitcoin other than what he'd been told.

still it was good to hear bitcoin mentioned on the BBC at primetime on a friday night, cant hurt.  Grin

Dime 7Q3cZtyJemmE8pJsrYgX24mHnkqZX6M6hP
BTC 18vbvovBeM5ZTZqR5ZWAy75EXE7qTNipuo
Mooncoin 2QgyivUMa7Zun6oPdxeE1yry1aNp5hqrDb
LTC Lg3UYGCAe3Tb146PiMqeGNLR7bnjdM447d
Doge DPd1XejW8TabJu5gfjyKnuQYQ9Vzw1anXN
AndrewWilliams

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:17:12 PM

Im in the UK and watch HIGNFY most weeks, I was surprised (gobsmacked) when the panel was introduced and Max was on, Ive watched RT and seen vids of him on youtube and although he is knowledgable, he always has to spoil it by going on a global financial apocolypse rant! and then comes across as a loony, this doesnt help spread the bitcoin word, I also got the impression he didnt know much about bitcoin other than what he'd been told.

still it was good to hear bitcoin mentioned on the BBC at primetime on a friday night, cant hurt.  Grin

You realize he is right about the US economy collapsing soon right?
blablahblah

Activity: 775
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:58:19 PM

He also unfortunately came off slightly loony...

Being the king's jester seems to be his trademark. Without the humour his messages would get buried under the noise emitted by the mainstream media who try to mask their incompetence by projecting a serious image. It also offers a layer of protection because he can always say: "but Your Honour/Dear Mafiosos, the show is satirical. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously!"
techstorm2

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 11:42:45 AM

You realize he is right about the US economy collapsing soon right?

Dont get me wrong, i like Max and he's very knowledgeable, I just meant when on the BBC at primetime you need to guage your comments wisely to get your bitcoin points across.

Im sure he's right about the US, not a question of if, but when.

Dime 7Q3cZtyJemmE8pJsrYgX24mHnkqZX6M6hP
BTC 18vbvovBeM5ZTZqR5ZWAy75EXE7qTNipuo
Mooncoin 2QgyivUMa7Zun6oPdxeE1yry1aNp5hqrDb
LTC Lg3UYGCAe3Tb146PiMqeGNLR7bnjdM447d
Doge DPd1XejW8TabJu5gfjyKnuQYQ9Vzw1anXN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: