Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:12:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Etshy of bitcointalk scammed me and is now mia  (Read 273 times)
malteser (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:13:37 AM

My wanted thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3132969

His username Etshy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=521026

TO Summarise:

1- I posted this thread asking for a amazon giftcard
2-He private messaged me and provided telegram
3- Through telegram agreed on skrill and he sent me a payment link (refused email whoch should have sent alarmbells)
Sent me a censored amazon gift card email as a picture as proof of concept
4-I sent payment via skrill.
5-Gift card didnt work. Had previously been redeemed.
5- Notified and he acknowledged. asked for my skrill email. Provided. I waited a while and nothing. He didnt even say there will take time for a refund or anything. I then offered for him to send me a lower denomination amazon voucher if he can prove legitimacy of the purchase. No response.
6- No longer responds on telegram. Is offline here.

I understand the time is late in EU but in reality if you scammed/needed to refund before you had to sleep you should refund and then sleep. Not leave someone hanging.

His Telegram is Etshybtcorg

Whats ironic is he accuses others of scamming etc but comes across as honest.

This was 45 minutes ago.

Hope this saves someone else. I very much doubt i will get my 77GBP back.

If anyone needs proof. Can provide screenshots via telegram. Just pm me your telegram

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blue Tyrant
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 65

IOS - The secure, scalable blockchain

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:40:00 AM

~snip~

For starters try to follow this format

Code:

[b][color=black]What happened:: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Scammers Profile Link: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Reference Link: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Amount Scammed: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Payment Method: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Proof of Payment: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]PM/Chat Logs: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Additional Notes: [/color][/b]

Would make life simpler for all parties involved

Secondly include more details, provide us the links he gave you, the screenshots of the chats that happen. Remember a picture speaks more than a thousand words and this is especially true for a scam accusation.

timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:02:35 AM

He's been online after this thread has been posted, so pretty much confirms that he is indeed a con artist.

You should never send first with any method other than the ones that you know are reversible. Otherwise, simply go through an escrow. 100 GBP is a pretty high amount at stake here. The reason that he sent you a payment link instead of email for the skrill payment is probably avoid any future chargebacks since you can't prove who you were dealing with or what goods you were buying.

He's merely a member on the forum, so his account is definitely worth less than the amount he scammed. Take this as a lesson - don't believe in people, unless they use escrow. Also Amazon GCs are dangerous to work with even with escrow, as they themselves often are fraudulently obtained.

Smiley
malteser (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:43:48 AM

He's been online after this thread has been posted, so pretty much confirms that he is indeed a con artist.

You should never send first with any method other than the ones that you know are reversible. Otherwise, simply go through an escrow. 100 GBP is a pretty high amount at stake here. The reason that he sent you a payment link instead of email for the skrill payment is probably avoid any future chargebacks since you can't prove who you were dealing with or what goods you were buying.

He's merely a member on the forum, so his account is definitely worth less than the amount he scammed. Take this as a lesson - don't believe in people, unless they use escrow. Also Amazon GCs are dangerous to work with even with escrow, as they themselves often are fraudulently obtained.

Yes I saw he was online

Hes blocked me on telegram too

One tick instead of two so im blocked.

I can probably get half my money back as my skrill was funded by a cc but i dont get why someone would scam for 80 gbp.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:18:48 AM

... but i dont get why someone would scam for 80 gbp.

You would be surprised if you were to dig deeper on this forum's history books. There are some who scam for satoshis.

Motives? Desperate for a few bucks or doing just about anything to barely scrape by so they can buy their day's dose of meth. Some steal to buy that Big Mac. It's their way of life. They do this on an almost daily basis here. Shameful but thieves will always be thieves.

Legion13

Activity: 323
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:11:14 PM

The DT needs to look at this ASAP and leave him a red trust so the asshole doesn't just get away and scam many more.

To the OP, its really sad and annoying when such things happen and I understand since I have also been in your situation before. Though you will have to forget about the money as I don't see the beggar paying you off anytime soon, Just take it as a lesson learnt and you will know how to trade better next time. Though even escrow isn't quite useful in such cases you can at least scare off some scumbags by recommending it. Scammers usually back-off from such trades which will let you know he is a con. Anyways good luck in the future. Also for amazon you are better off selling them on Reddit GCX as there are quite reputable traders there than the shit heads here.

All my trades need to be verified on the forum. Please send me a PM here first to confirm you are talking to me. Don't deal with anyone impersonating me on telegram.

P.S: I never ask trusted members to go first.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:45:31 PM

Yes I saw he was online

Hes blocked me on telegram too

One tick instead of two so im blocked.

I can probably get half my money back as my skrill was funded by a cc but i dont get why someone would scam for 80 gbp.

If you are able to get a chargeback through either skrill or your CC company then it's going to eb a full refund minus any fees incurred through the chargeback. It's not going to be a half refund if you do get a refund, that is for sure.

As warningsigns said, people are just crazy here and you'll find scammers of high rank trying to scam someone from the value of a lunch.

To protect yourself, you never ever deal with anyone with reversible methods(if you're receiving a reversible payment method such as PP, gift cards, that is), you never deal with anyone without escrow, unless you are using a method that you feel confident that you can charge back if anything was to go wrong. But still doesn't beat escrow, that is the fail safe way to do business around here.

Smiley
malteser (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:54:20 AM

https://ibb.co/da6V7x

Also goes by https://www.mpgh.net/forum/member.php?u=4835616

Kiddman on MPGH

Both accounts always active at same time

lemonparty23 is his skype

He is aware of this thread but no doubt will play dumb

On skype says he doesnt even use telegram hence why the image above was posted.

Can paste the full conversation if needed
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:13:21 PM

https://ibb.co/da6V7x

Also goes by https://www.mpgh.net/forum/member.php?u=4835616

Kiddman on MPGH

Both accounts always active at same time

lemonparty23 is his skype

He is aware of this thread but no doubt will play dumb

On skype says he doesnt even use telegram hence why the image above was posted.

Can paste the full conversation if needed
Etshy was last active today and still ignore this accusation.

Post all the proofs in your main post with the proper format, that's necessary so that DT members could check it and do further action (probably give a negative trust rating if proven). No one would PM you in telegram for that

Sellingaccs

Activity: 126
Merit: 50

Ask me for Pools, Nodes and Explorers.

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:37:50 AM

He seems to be making excuses. He admitted to selling empty card here: https://archive.fo/XNcsv

I believe that he sold empty card as he said that he told OP to wait for replacement card, and sellers should never do that as you are not delivering what promised.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: