Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:05:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter is changing advertising policy?  (Read 419 times)
Blas

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:02:10 PM

Nothing is official yet. But if they do change the advertising policy and ban the commercials of crypto, this will not be the end of the world. Probably will reduce the scam or will make is a bit harder for the scam projects.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:36:37 PM

It was only a matter of time until Twitter followed Facebook and Google, it will definitely hurt a lot of the ICOs for sure, I don't it will have a wider impact on the bitcoin price.
cryptodevs

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:54:31 PM

It will have some impact with the ICOs but it will give the normal people a good advantage,because these ICOs wont have a chance to get promoted within social media that is why bounty hunters will receive bigger stakes if most of these platforms will restrict these potential scam projects of getting advertised.This means there will be less scam projects in the field,the last resort of these scammers will be here in bitcointalk but im sure most of the expertts will know if the projects here are just scams.
OuterTech

Activity: 294

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:59:52 PM

The fact that the major social networks prohibit ICO advertising as well as cryptocurrencies I find it entirely reasonable. This will prevent the fraudulent ICO campaigns from endangering everyone. The nature of ICO campaigns does not use Google and Facebook advertising tool, which uses the bounty to attract individuals to advertise their projects. Therefore, I wholeheartedly agree that Social prohibits advertisements related to ICO and cryptocurrencies.

royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:39:08 AM

According to the following article: https://news.bitcoin.com/report-twitter-prepares-ban-on-crypto-ads/

Twitter is also going to ban crypto ads? Do you think that it will also influence the price, like it happened in case of Facebook and Google announcement?

If that will happen and they will really follow Facebook's footsteps, then it would have a great effect on how projects are advertised. Facebook and Twitter are two of the biggest social media platforms today, and the traffic of people that logs in and out of it is just staggering, therefore, if those two would ban cryptocurrency-related postings that would really be a blow to the market because it's a great way for people who doesn't know about forums like this to be informed and interested with venturing in the cryptocurrency market.

Jcag07

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:07:38 AM

I dont use social media campaign like facebook, twitter etc. I only just used the and joined with the signature campaign. Wherein we only need to do is to promote the campaign by using their signatures that identifies your rank.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:18:22 AM

Following Facebook and Google's decision to ban cryptocurrency ads, looks like Twitter is making their moves as well. I am not surprised because the true strength of cryptocurrency is on communities through organic searching.

It's all business, you know. They just simply categorize all cryptocurrencies (even good ones) are bad, but we can't blame them. It doesn't stop Bitcoin and other altcoins from surging in the market like today.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
leland orser

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:29:46 AM

These social media bans on the advertising of ICO and crypto money markets will certainly have an impact on the market.
Because social media is an effective channel for new money to enter the cryptocurrency market, if they ban it, the impact on the cryptocurrency market is huge.

wirosableng

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:54:03 AM

very bad news if that happens.
after facebook and google banned crypto ads, and now there is an issue if twitter also want to ban it?
the more difficult it is to promote crypto today.
randyboy

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:56:41 AM

If this will happen it will be big effect to all ico's and to bitcoin also socialmedia's are the biggest way of promotion to the digital currencies project so that thing happe the value will be fall and it can reduce investors.
nazaididuan1

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:57:24 AM

Twitter at least hasn't divulged the user's privacy!

I think twitter will be the main investment destination for advertisers in the future!

Perhaps the encrypted currency is heavily regulated and can still be advertised on twitter!

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
idioma1

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:57:35 AM

Maybe it will clean the crypto word from cheap and scam projects
Psynthax

Activity: 2282
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:33:34 AM

Following Facebook and Google's decision to ban cryptocurrency ads, looks like Twitter is making their moves as well. I am not surprised because the true strength of cryptocurrency is on communities through organic searching.

It's all business, you know. They just simply categorize all cryptocurrencies (even good ones) are bad, but we can't blame them. It doesn't stop Bitcoin and other altcoins from surging in the market like today.
Where from you know that if that was a business. In my understand about that if those companies are banning all of the crypto related advertisement banners.

I know that because the majority of them were US-based companies and they must take an action to give a response to the recent news icos was banning in the US.

There is no one can give a real confirm about that. But it looks like they are working in the same way.
jona

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:11:19 PM

Not only twitter and Facebook,presently now my medium account has been suspended for the fact that i promote cryptocurrey platform and this is becoming serious
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:27:07 PM

If they're being pressured by the government, then they've got to do what they're being told to do. And just like every other market, cryptocurrency responds to news and it's impacts are always felt.  Positive news as regards cryptocurrency adoption drives price up and negative news crashes the market.
leslie4u

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:26:19 PM

I do not think this ban will affect the price a lot because Crypto is not 100% driven by these advertisements. Yes, alt coin developers need to find different ways to promote their coins now and run Airdrop/Bounties without these social platforms. I would say this forum, and if we have a social platform where we can exchange our idea about Crypto just like FB and Twitter, it will really bring in massive change.
Hopeliza

Activity: 216

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:27:39 AM

According to the following article: https://news.bitcoin.com/report-twitter-prepares-ban-on-crypto-ads/

Twitter is also going to ban crypto ads? Do you think that it will also influence the price, like it happened in case of Facebook and Google announcement?

Maybe it will affect a little most especialy the ICO Projects as bounty like facebook and twitter its a big help for the leojects to spread their words. I think this will really affect the campaigns.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
nikay12

Activity: 230

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:38:39 AM

Even if this will give to the ICO's Projects a big impact it will also be going to be advantage to the people who doesn't know how to follow rules that's why twitter bounty was changing their policy.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JustQueen

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:42:14 AM

I don't usually join twitter bounty but there was still no official announcement fot that, buy it will be better if advertising policy will change maybe it will help to reduce those scammers in the forum.

smhome354

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:46:44 AM

Social media are getting strict when it comes to advertising in their site. Facebook is known for this strict policy. And now Twitter is following them. We can't blame them because they are huge companies and they should set rules and policies for their advertising platform.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs & Blockchain Companies ▼ Join Our ICO Now! ▼
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: