Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:28:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gomez Peer + Bitcoin Mining = Success!  (Read 10083 times)
supersonic3974 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 02:50:14 PM

Does your CPU seem bored and disinterested in life lately? 

Does it sit there alone, idly watching your GPU have all the fun? 

Well now you can put your CPU to work as well!  Just click in my signature to sign up for Gomez Peer.  It uses your idle CPU cycles and pays you cash for it each month.

Your CPU will thank you.   Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 02:51:41 PM

Say what? There is a good reason not to use CPU due to power cost to performance.

Unless gomez peer(funkychicken) pays more than power cost to cpu usage.

I just saw the top monthly earners gaining $45 and it seems they are putting in serious cpu hours.

LMAO what a ripoff.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
supersonic3974 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 02:57:28 PM

You can load it on multiple computers and just let it run while you're not doing anything.  The proceeds from all the computers you have it on will funnel to your one account.  That's what I do.  I also installed it on the computer I'm letting my parents use and so it generates a little extra cash whenever it's on as well.

Clipse

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 02:59:18 PM

You can load it on multiple computers and just let it run while you're not doing anything.  The proceeds from all the computers you have it on will funnel to your one account.  That's what I do.  I also installed it on the computer I'm letting my parents use and so it generates a little extra cash whenever it's on as well.

You seem to forget what I actually said.

The top earners monthly earn $45, there is no way you can cover your cpu usage power cost with such a monthly payout.

Cost of power will destroy you with this system. They use cpu cycles = power usage, its not like your cpu is running on 0watts, now combine that with multiple cpus, the cost just increase and the payout doesnt justify the cost.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
supersonic3974 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 03:01:57 PM

I read what you said.  I'm just saying that I use this as a side thing, not a dedicated use of CPU cycles.  It just automatically runs whenever my computer is on (e.g. when I'm surfing the web, watching movies, or playing games).
Clipse

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 03:04:29 PM

I read what you said.  I'm just saying that I use this as a side thing, not a dedicated use of CPU cycles.  It just automatically runs whenever my computer is on (e.g. when I'm surfing the web, watching movies, or playing games).

Erm you are missing the point, using any additional cpu power used and getting paid less for the power usage is a financial loss.

If you browsed the cost is neglectible since you would be paying for browsing cpu usage anyway, but if you browse and run this app, the additional cpu usage cost for the app would be more than you would get paid for running the additional cpu usage.

Doesnt matter how you slice it, do you understand now?

supersonic3974 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 03:25:12 PM

It depends if you have to pay for power.  There are many people in situations where they don't have a power bill.  And some people like me, just want to do it for fun.
Clipse

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 03:47:19 PM

It depends if you have to pay for power.  There are many people in situations where they don't have a power bill.  And some people like me, just want to do it for fun.

Power allways cost money, atleast someone is paying and i guess that would be your parents.

If you are that lucky, just cpumine bitcoins, it would have a higher return on cpu usage/power cost than this gomezpeer crap Wink

Was the real incentive here perhaps having other people signup via your referal link, cause sure then you would not be paying for power Wink

You even specified in original post, use idle cpu to earn money or something to that effect. So clearly you have a incentive to earn and not just do this as a hobby(which makes sense).

hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 03:48:26 PM

It depends if you have to pay for power.  There are many people in situations where they don't have a power bill.  And some people like me, just want to do it for fun.

If you want to blow money just for fun I recomend hookers and/or drugs.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
ptshamrock

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 03:53:51 PM

i would use it as i dont pay for my power and could have 10cpu`s for it Cheesy

but all my rigs run linux so ther is no possbility it seems!

is there any way it could still work???

would pay a bounty of 5 BTC for the person creating a linux program which can connect there !

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
supersonic3974 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 03:54:40 PM

would pay a bounty of 5 BTC for the person creating a linux program which can connect there !

There are some threads that tell you how to run it using Wine.
bb

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 04:49:04 PM

OMG, with your 10 CPUs it's even gonna be a while before you get these 5 BTC back.

CPU mining is just that, plain stupid.
tonto

Activity: 609

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:04:57 PM

Gomez also sucks down a lot of bandwidth, and if you're like me, and have to pay for it, you end up losing money.
I stopped doing Gomez as soon as I discovered bitcoins Smiley
Clipse

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:18:58 PM

My whole point with gomez mining and using cpus is that Bitcoin mining with cpus will payout more.

So why the hell go the gomez mining route lol

Danijel Habek

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 07:37:02 PM

This
+1

Quote from: TraderTimm
For me, bitcoin is freedom that I never thought I'd see in my lifetime.
afro25

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 09:22:14 PM

I'll give 5 Btc to anyone that can get the old (or create a new) exploit for Gomez and get it working: http://cheatingnetwork.net/forums/gomez-peer-zone/

Used to earn us all alot of money, more than bitcoin is currently making me with 1 gh/s, but they patched the exploit, lost alot of processing power and lost a chunk of their share value Tongue

Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 09:33:46 PM

Have to love the idiotic argument that "you don't pay for electricity".

Someone, somewhere is paying for it. Be it your parents, the landlord of a school building or someone else you leech off. And someone will notice eventually (not in the case of 1 CPU, but in the case of 10, 20, 100, someone will eventually notice)

Esp. in the case of parents, you are just stealing from your own family.
They have to pay $120 in electricity bills so that you can earn $60 dollars. It makes absolutely no sense and only a juvenile would do something like this.

Cost ineffective mining never makes sense unless you operate an illegal botnet, even in that case you might be risking eventual jailtime.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
ptshamrock

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 09:34:16 PM

My whole point with gomez mining and using cpus is that Bitcoin mining with cpus will payout more.

So why the hell go the gomez mining route lol

It`s called diversification..I already have 37 5870 & 1 6990 running...

Gomez also sucks down a lot of bandwidth, and if you're like me, and have to pay for it, you end up losing money.
I stopped doing Gomez as soon as I discovered bitcoins Smiley

dont pay for bandwith  so i dont care

OMG, with your 10 CPUs it's even gonna be a while before you get these 5 BTC back.

CPU mining is just that, plain stupid.

diversification again..

of course i only had a quick glance and assumed if the best can achieve 45$ after a while i can get 450 $ Cheesy but I did not  look at the timeframe yet..this isn`t monthly right ?

This
+1

+1 ...the very best is the hooker & the drugs between my mining rigs

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
ptshamrock

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 09:38:03 PM

Have to love the idiotic argument that "you don't pay for electricity".

Someone, somewhere is paying for it. Be it your parents, the landlord of a school building or someone else you leech off. And someone will notice eventually (not in the case of 1 CPU, but in the case of 10, 20, 100, someone will eventually notice)

They have to pay $120 in electricity bills so that you can earn $60 dollars. It makes absolutely no sense and only a juvenile would do something like this.

I know what ur talking about..but i have the nice possiblity to have my rigs in an really big industriaö/nightlife areal and pay a flatrate..the club next to me sucks down more electricity in one weekend then i do in one month (i have 12kw/h 24/7)..aner there around 20 clubs there..

i just have been lucky with the location..

of course i would never steal beeing an anarcho-capitalist & objectivist..and let me tell u i can do simple math..but ur right...these "fake" arguments are made too often..

nafai

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 09:49:11 PM

We are a nation of juveniles.

The same logic applies to why people go to the emergency room for a runny nose when they have medicare/medicaid. They're not paying for it, why shouldn't they do it?

et cetera

1HQiS9PLHPcoQMgN8ZdcGwhoMHWh2Hp37p
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: