Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:29:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Argentina nightmare  (Read 3182 times)
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:45:48 PM

Imagine removing the public schools, everyone even more ignorant than now. Surely it would be a great thing for USA. Well, for Europe it will be, more work for us, the day when the average american will be unable to do even the simplest thing  Cheesy
Actually it would be the opposite. Schooling is intentionally designed to inhibit education, so eliminating it would be a huge win in that regard.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:52:32 PM

I think the US has already tried a similar approach: This is the first generation that will be less educated than their parents.

How's that working out?

... at the same time China has 10's of millions of engineers graduating over the coming decade. This may not end well.

The U.S. has basically a free education system if you go to a public school.  The reality is education standards are worse than 10 50 or even 100 years ago. Most can't find Australia or England on a map or know basic algebra. The engineers and workers in the U.S pay all the taxes.  We have a massive welfare system where a women with 15 kids actually expects to have everything paid for her.  The majority expects massive amounts of free stuff. In China you are allowed to have one kid or face fines.  

I don't know how we can be less educated when virtually everyone qualifies for student loans.  The problem is education does not necessarily lead to wealth or remove you from poverty.  In many ways it is worse because a person with a B.S. expects to be paid such and such so they end up in government with fat salaries.  Many in government also seek degrees to get a bump in pay, even though they don't even need the degree.

Robert Reich is treated like a hero of the poor, yet in my humble opinion he is a financial terrorist to the workers and poor.  His false solutions will only lead to the poverty it has already caused.  Obama reminds me of Kirchner.  Both are kind of cool cats which the welfare state just loves.

i really don't get the Tea Party. And you'll have to forgive me cause im not an american. i mean, they have some legitimate claims: their middle class wealth has been stripped from them and they have bore the brunt of the GFC. But, instead of blaming the obnoxious financial institutions which caused the crisis, they blame the welfare class.

And sure there are many people who rort welfare. there are many systems that could be improved. and there are governments who are not financially prudent and spend like buggery. But out and out the largest group of cheats and fraudsters come from the financial and banking and government industry.

Ive never understood why the tea Partiers blame the minorities for the sub prime crisis when it was the financial class who undoubtedly caused it. and now blame welfare and spending because many lower classes dont have a home to live in, a toilet to crap but just maybe a part time job to slave at. its attacking the symptoms and not the cause.

Well no i mean no matter which of these two groups of people is receiving more of the money that is stolen from them, its the same group of people DOING the stealing. So your right about the fact that they are wrong to blame the lower class wellfare recipients, but they would also be just as wrong if they blamed the banksters.

It is the government that is enabling the theft. But even here you can be mislead into blaming the wrong people. If i proclaim that you must give 1/2 your income to Gabi, i haven't harmed you by doing that, obviously you would just ignore me, that would be stupid thing for me to proclaim. So when a politician proclaims that A must have half his income to B the politician doing literally exactly the same thing i just did. You want to know who to blame? here are the guys who are truly responsible for their plight as well as anyone who supports these guys having a special set of rights that is different from the rights that normal people have.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 08:34:52 PM

Ok
This is not completly true.
 I live in Argentina and i can buy dollars and i send dollars to outside. You can´t buy dollars with black money, but nowhere in the world can do that.
A lot of people here go to US to Europe, and they can´t buy things there with Pesos, Guess wich coin they use?
The inflations is 20 % and the salary income is up 25% How many countrys can say that?
Men, stop read crap media.
Cheers

This isn't true. You can ask for permission (yeah, permission) to buy dollars, but everybody except political friends of the administration are denied (in fact, they removed the option of saying your purchasing them to save on the online form). It's true, if you travel you can be authorized to buy dollars in an amount equal to a stipend of $70 per day of your trip (i.e. if you go to the US for 10 days, you are authorized to buy US$700, no more). Try traveling to the US or europe on $70 per day. Ha! How do people do it? Brings us to the next point...

While overseas you can use your credit card (plus a 20% surcharge that goes against your taxes next year--not adjusted for inflation; also if you try to claim the credit, don't be surprised if you get audited in retaliation), but we'll see if this lasts past these elections next week. At the very least a hard yearly cap like in Venezuela is coming.

That 20%/25% inflation/salary figure is incorrect. It might have been true at some point, but inflation right now is easily over 25%, and that's all day everyday. Salary adjustments are once or twice per year.

Dude, i understand what you say but my poor english cant respond you.
In the middle of high/severe inflation, with the government lying about the numbers, it is very difficult to know where you are on the slippery slope.
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 09:40:46 PM

Imagine removing the public schools, everyone even more ignorant than now. Surely it would be a great thing for USA. Well, for Europe it will be, more work for us, the day when the average american will be unable to do even the simplest thing  Cheesy
Actually it would be the opposite. Schooling is intentionally designed to inhibit education, so eliminating it would be a huge win in that regard.

glad to see that someone else besides George Carlin gets it Smiley

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
snakebit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 03:21:11 AM

+1

Charlotte Iserbyt: The Deliberate Dumbing Down of the World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywd_U1T9Ck0
http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com/MomsPDFs/DDDoA.sml.pdf

Pardon the Alex Jones video, but Charlotte Iserbyt also has been writing about this phenomenon and has witnessed the plan to dumb down schooling.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:46:39 PM

I think the US has already tried a similar approach: This is the first generation that will be less educated than their parents.

How's that working out?

... at the same time China has 10's of millions of engineers graduating over the coming decade. This may not end well.

The U.S. has basically a free education system if you go to a public school.  The reality is education standards are worse than 10 50 or even 100 years ago. Most can't find Australia or England on a map or know basic algebra. The engineers and workers in the U.S pay all the taxes.  We have a massive welfare system where a women with 15 kids actually expects to have everything paid for her.  The majority expects massive amounts of free stuff. In China you are allowed to have one kid or face fines. 

I don't know how we can be less educated when virtually everyone qualifies for student loans.  The problem is education does not necessarily lead to wealth or remove you from poverty.  In many ways it is worse because a person with a B.S. expects to be paid such and such so they end up in government with fat salaries.  Many in government also seek degrees to get a bump in pay, even though they don't even need the degree.

Robert Reich is treated like a hero of the poor, yet in my humble opinion he is a financial terrorist to the workers and poor.  His false solutions will only lead to the poverty it has already caused.  Obama reminds me of Kirchner.  Both are kind of cool cats which the welfare state just loves.

We can be less educated because idiots I know are going $40k into debt to get a fucking B.S. in pottery.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 03:44:38 PM

The house has probably already saved over $2 trillion in additional spending. Selling the schools will allow them to pay off all their debt.

Governments don't actually pay down their debt. If a government starts to take in more in taxes than it spends, instead of using that money to reduce debt, they go, "It's the people's money, we should cut taxes." Or they figure out what else they can spend it on (usually more social programs). And thus, government debt pretty much always increases, until either the government defaults, or collapses. For it to happen otherwise, you would have to believe that the citizens of one country actually cared about the debt that they owe to the citizens of another country, and more specifically cared about the debt that was taken out in their name, without their consent, by their politicians.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 04:33:36 PM

We can be less educated because idiots I know are going $40k into debt to get a fucking B.S. in pottery.
They should definitely go for the comparative ethnic and women's pottery studies degrees.

perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:38:37 AM

They should definitely go for the comparative ethnic and women's pottery studies degrees.

Better yet, an MBA.  Since MBAs are so skilled and produce so much for society.

Cough.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 03:42:41 PM

Better yet, an MBA.  Since MBAs are so skilled and produce so much for society.

Cough.

Yeah, not the same thing. An MBA typically involves a concentration in something. I have an MBA with concentration in global business and finance. Others in my group went into MBA's with focus in securities and investments, marketing, economics, supply chain management, global sourcing, human resources, etc. You know, all those things that help an idea or a personal piece of programming code turn into an actual business. Unless you're arguing that business never produced anything for society, and that we should all go back to each person only producing one thing, like farmer, blacksmith, barber, etc.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 04:58:34 PM

Schooling is intentionally designed to inhibit education, so eliminating it would be a huge win in that regard.

THANK YOU!  Finally something worth reading.  I just read the prolog and it made me cry.  I have a 7 year old daughter in second grade and I already see the harm.  We have already moved her from one school to another - not much better.  We have already met teachers that we have had to "blacklist" - telling the pricipal that our daughter will never be allowed in these teacher's classroom again.  We have had to take her out of a harmful reading program that she hated - and this was the so called TAG (talented and gifted) reading program.

We have seen another kid in her class - a wonderful boy with a lot of energy and enthusiasm - get into a small fight with another boy.  During the fight he managed to give the other boy a "wedgie" and for this he was labled a sexual predator and offender.  His parents had to fight tooth and nail all the way to the highest levels of "management" to get the label removed from his school record.  Once they are sure all mention of it has been removed then, and only then, will they feel safe in pulling him out of the school so they can home school him.

I could go on for pages on this subject.

This is only second grade!

If we don't start home schooling I can't wait to see what happens in middle school now days.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:17:05 AM

Schooling is intentionally designed to inhibit education, so eliminating it would be a huge win in that regard.

THANK YOU!  Finally something worth reading.  I just read the prolog and it made me cry.  I have a 7 year old daughter in second grade and I already see the harm.  We have already moved her from one school to another - not much better.  We have already met teachers that we have had to "blacklist" - telling the pricipal that our daughter will never be allowed in these teacher's classroom again.  We have had to take her out of a harmful reading program that she hated - and this was the so called TAG (talented and gifted) reading program.

We have seen another kid in her class - a wonderful boy with a lot of energy and enthusiasm - get into a small fight with another boy.  During the fight he managed to give the other boy a "wedgie" and for this he was labled a sexual predator and offender.  His parents had to fight tooth and nail all the way to the highest levels of "management" to get the label removed from his school record.  Once they are sure all mention of it has been removed then, and only then, will they feel safe in pulling him out of the school so they can home school him.

I could go on for pages on this subject.

This is only second grade!

If we don't start home schooling I can't wait to see what happens in middle school now days.

if you do decide to homeschool do check out https://www.khanacademy.org/ It's truly an amazing service and sal is such a great teacher.

also look to see if you have a sudbury school in the area and if you do go check it out.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 03:59:04 AM

Aregentina has a history with this.

balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 06:38:08 AM

But i think the taxes are lighter in Argentina than the USA. So that is another leeway. Smiley
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:02:06 PM

http://zenhabits.net/unschool/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: