Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:07:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Demand for a legal investment fund?  (Read 201 times)
Mudda (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:32:05 PM

Hi there,

I have observed the market for crypto investment funds (either managed, passive, open or closed..) over the last half year.
There are some interesting projects, but they all seem to be a bit fishy:

Either the team is not known or if, they are incorporated in some exotic jurisdication in which itself they might be legal,
but most certainly they dont have any allowence from e.g. a European Union financial authority to offer their service in those countries.

So my question beeing: Would you invest in a totally legal investment funds which is based in the EU?

There does not seem to be, lets say a ETF, which just replicates an crypto index and makes investing easy  Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:56:31 PM

Of course there'd be huge demand for it but we'd have to wait for regulators to approve one. The closest thing so far in Europe is XBT Provider which is an ETN.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:39:56 PM

Till date, I don't know about any other legal bitcoin investment fund apart from the CME group's future contract. I don't believe there are any other company is doing the same or have floated any investment fund based on crypto currency due to the complex or absent legislation. So if any company can start a legal investment fund that is fully managed in EU, it will fetch a billion dollar investment within the shortest period of time. Crypto currency market is very much un-regularized and a lot of scammers are trying get their hands wet here. So an EU based investment fund in crypto market which can accept international investment, can be a big success within the shortest possible time. But until the law is loud and clear about crypto currency, I doubt anything of that sort will be coming to our way soon.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:34:04 PM

I would put some cash into it if they were totally legal and offered good returns. There's always a chance they'll go bankrupt like many legal cryptocurrency projects before them, but I like to keep my eggs in a number of baskets. I'm pretty sure a demand for such thing will only be greater because people in general don't have time and nerves to play the market themselves. They'd prefer someone else to manage their money for them and the richer you are the more you want others to handle everything Cheesy

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Shrinath

Activity: 112
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:30:16 AM

What I feel is until the law is loud and clear about crypto currency, I doubt anything of that sort will be coming to our way soon. I don't know about any other legal bitcoin investment fund apart from the CME group's future contract. I don't believe there are any other company is doing the same or have floated any investment fund based on crypto currency due to the complex or absent legislation. So if any company can start a legal investment fund that is fully managed in EU, it will fetch a billion dollar investment within the shortest period of time. Crypto currency market is very much un-regularized and a lot of scammers are trying get their hands wet here. So an EU based investment fund in crypto market which can accept international investment, can be a big success within the shortest possible time.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 11:48:39 AM

What would be the benefit of investing in cryptos via the middle-man if one is savvy enough to do it himself? There's no tax benefit of doing that afaik. You wouldn't have to bother with keeping all your trade records - that's a good thing, but you'll have to pay management fees and lose easy access to your holdings, plus you'd have to trust 3rd party.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
xankor

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 04:27:08 PM

Is it meaningful to invest?
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:28:37 PM

What would be the benefit of investing in cryptos via the middle-man if one is savvy enough to do it himself? There's no tax benefit of doing that afaik. You wouldn't have to bother with keeping all your trade records - that's a good thing, but you'll have to pay management fees and lose easy access to your holdings, plus you'd have to trust 3rd party.

If it's on existing investment platforms then you'll get a ton more people. Also more likely than not there will be tax benefits. Lots of countries have tax sheltered investment schemes that would require a wrapper.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:14:28 PM

The problem I have found with bitcoin investment instruments is that they are not going to be able to outperform bitcoin itself.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:20:33 PM

Yes, there will be a huge demand for such fund. There are many investors who wanted to invest into the cryptos but they don't have adequate knowledge about best coins and the risk factor involved. These funds will be helpful for such investors and it will also help to attract the new investors into the crypto market.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:22:09 PM

The problem I have found with bitcoin investment instruments is that they are not going to be able to outperform bitcoin itself.

As long as they're vanilla Bitcoin there's no issue. GBTC is plain weird and that's the only game in town for many people. When there's a straightforward one that holds BTC things will take off. I don't know how available the KNC miner ETN thing is but that's the closest thing at the moment, not that I'd go for it.
marielbeckham

Activity: 185

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:24:16 PM

There are the numerous disadvantages in such a case because of the complicated managing process. I mean it is extremely difficult to rely on some 3-rd party in order to implement all this. Still, my answer is "yes". I would do this if there will be no more attractive alternatives.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:07:31 PM

And who will vouch for such a Fund? How will you react to the fact that such a Fund can also become a victim of fraud and ruin? I don't think it's possible to fully protect myself from scammers. Maybe in the future the success of ICO will be guaranteed only by the assets of previous successful projects. If the ICO team is successful, it will be the generator of ideas and there will be a queue of investors in such projects.
crisanto01

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:24:11 PM

Let us see the possible things that it can offer, I would give a chance and let myself invest on it, for as long as I have their vision and platform, but for sure it will become profitable since almost all investors wanted to take risk if it is legal.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:06:33 PM

The legality of it confirms that it is safe to invest in. I don't put money in shady business if I'm warned ahead. I could get on with some legal actions if it turns out bad, I claim for damages or specific performance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: