Bitcoin Forum
August 31, 2024, 06:15:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you also got Free BTC for installing Bitcoin miner+wallet in 2009-2010 ?  (Read 133 times)
Joviton (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:46:05 PM

I remembered back when the bitcoins blockchain would download and sync within minutes even on a dial-up internet connection.
i was offered free bitcoins for installing some bitcoin client and running it for sometime ... but it was causing my Basic PC to hang/freeze if i do multitasking while running the client software .I was so lucky at that time The PC was Offered for free by Our Goa Government, but i uninstall the software .and forgot about the bitcoin thing for years untill they explode like atom boomb.
now i regret i would have taken the backup of the bitcoin private key file, dat file , or should have run the client until my PC gets fired. but at that time PC use to cost like 600-700 usd minimum in our county. Big Thumps up for my Goa Government for giving Free Computers for Students.
is there anyone else who was mining with the first bitcoin pc miner and did not take it seriously ?   Sad Sad Sad Sad
fiulpro

Activity: 1890
Merit: 830

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:48:07 PM

Haha well I got a BTC for free for installing some wallet registering and also.. for watching some videos but what I did was...😂I played online poker something related to luck and... Was using them as we use game points .
And so here I m.. thinking about it..and the remaining ones were in the wallet whose name and address I seriously don't remember !
Joviton (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:54:23 PM

That's very sad to know ..now i am hoping to catch the train but with Alt Coins .. penny coins and top coins with 100 million supply .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: