Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:33:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorry, More rant about BFL (My story)  (Read 1002 times)
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 10:01:08 AM

Hiya guys, Let me start from the start, I was hook, Line, sinkered and copy of angling times into the first ASIC idea and placed an order, In the meantime I was mining happily with various GPU's and FPGA's, Life was good.

I was using BTC mined to order so this pre-order was just a bonus to me, So
I waited, and waited, Well you all know how this bit goes so I will skip the waiting bit.

I received my units (I was one of the first so I did have ROI) Happy as a bunny, I seen the pre-order for a new ASIC unit, The monarch, So I went for one unit again, I was OK with the wait, Again this was paid with mined on coins so I was cool about the whole idea.

Now this is where my story turns sinister and true colours (colors for the brothers over the pond) show.

I actually wanted to sell the order, Due to I needed the capital on another mining project, So I checked my account and though it did say I underpaid, Was transferable!

So I listed the unit (At less than cost I might add) And got a few buyers interested, I had put the order number up on my add (on the BFL for sale site), People inquired to BFL about the money owed to see if it would affect shipping place in the que, it would not affect it as it was less than $500, I got a deal so I went in the order to transfer, And guess what, I was unable to transfer, My order went from "Processing" to "Pending upgrade" also stating I had 10 days to pay the remaining ballance in 10 days or my order would be reverted!
There was NO pay now button! Since then, I have been writing to BFL DAILY and not got a reply.

Actually one did get a reply, As I did not have the order number in the message (it was in the subject bar) I got a response asking for it.

Thats where we are, I am now screwed thanks to BFL, I genuinely believe this was on purpose!
This was a BTC paid unit so I cant refund, I have the bitpay receipts saying I have paid in full.

I really had to have a rant, As mine was different to everyone elses, I will never buy/promote this company ever again.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 10:11:01 AM

soooooo despite being literally touted as the worst company within bitcoin on the face of the earth and being extremely lucky to fall within the batch one folks....you didn't just for the sake of the argument give 28 nanometer a whirl...even holding out and buying a sierra now would've been butter with dressing on the top... should of could of would of.  I'm sitting on stuff that is now being seen as not  making roi short of major trx fees, another double in pricing seeing as everyone pressed fire on the nuke buttons in terms of asic hashwarz. We are facing petahashes which *should* pleateau around the several dozens I imagine with the latest turn of hardware vendors coming online.

squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 10:14:28 AM

soooooo despite being literally touted as the worst company within bitcoin on the face of the earth and being extremely lucky to fall within the batch one folks....you didn't just for the sake of the argument give 28 nanometer a whirl...even holding out and buying a sierra now would've been butter with dressing on the top... should of could of would of.  I'm sitting on stuff that is now being seen as not  making roi short of major trx fees, another double in pricing seeing as everyone pressed fire on the nuke buttons in terms of asic hashwarz. We are facing petahashes which *should* pleateau around the several dozens I imagine with the latest turn of hardware vendors coming online.

My story is not about ROI??? Its about customer manipulation.
frankenmint
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 10:23:01 AM

when they offer to build a mining card then turn around and state that it is only meant to have two run within a server unit not with 4 or 6 like people with current GPUs expect

When they charge customers 200+ for OVN shipping but it only costs 50-80 dollars

You say it wasn't about ROI then why did you rebuy and not just hold in cold storage?

squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 10:30:58 AM

when they offer to build a mining card then turn around and state that it is only meant to have two run within a server unit not with 4 or 6 like people with current GPUs expect

When they charge customers 200+ for OVN shipping but it only costs 50-80 dollars

You say it wasn't about ROI then why did you rebuy and not just hold in cold storage?

I wanted to try and stay relevant to the difficulty, So I was earning as much as possible, This was bought before the announcement of PH's being released by other companies.

If I am stuck with a monarch, so be it, My fear is, They will revert my order and I will get two usless singles.
notlist3d
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 10:57:18 AM

I wanted to try and stay relevant to the difficulty, So I was earning as much as possible, This was bought before the announcement of PH's being released by other companies.

If I am stuck with a monarch, so be it, My fear is, They will revert my order and I will get two usless singles.

I think your fear is well founded.   I would also fear timeline they give them to you aswell.
frankenmint
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 11:01:16 AM

yea sorry I'm not trying to be a point of view stickler or anything.  I feel your pain that is really criminal that things happened that way. 

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 11:56:25 AM

What do you think the company should do to resolve this problem?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 01:03:19 PM

What do you think the company should do to resolve this problem?

I would just be happy if I got a "Sorry, Everything in your account is now in order" Even if I have to pay the measly amount shown in "amount due" even though all bit pay receipts are paid in full, I have no idea where the amount came from.
Bicknellski

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 01:31:32 PM

Let us start counting the days it takes you to get a resolution. When did you ask for this resolution?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:30:05 PM

If every poor SOB with a bad BFL experience started a thread in this forum it would fill 20+ pages of different thread rants.

This should be posted in the general thread of "BFL fucks us over again" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.0
Bicknellski

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:32:25 PM

If every poor SOB with a bad BFL experience started a thread in this forum it would fill 20+ pages of different thread rants.

This should be posted in the general thread of "BFL fucks us over again" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.0

I think there should be a section that is specific to hardware for complaints.

atmclikk

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:45:57 PM

Sorry, I really do know how it feels to get screwed.  I feel your pain....

That being said, you are one of the few who actually made money on your BFL asic.  Posting your sob story is a little like adding insult to injury for the people who are still waiting on BFL SC stuff.  You saw the horrible way everyone else was being treated, why didn't the red flag go up at that point?  Why in the name of fucking god did you (or anyone) order a Monarch?  To me it is insane...  Especially with all the other products that had been announced at that point?
GigaWave

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 03:35:27 PM

Posting your sob story is a little like adding insult to injury for the people who are still waiting on BFL SC stuff.  

Get over yourself. He has every right to post this. If this hurts your "feelings" that's you problem, not his. Everyone is "suppose" to be adults here(far to many here need to go back to Pre-K). This is not kiddy play land. Posts like these need to be made to warn new potential BFL buyers. As crazy as it seems, they are still sucking people in daily.

Also, anyone waiting on BFL gear, should have  "saw the horrible way everyone else was being treated, why didn't the red flag go up at that point? "  You only have yourself to blame.

atmclikk

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:22:39 PM

Posting your sob story is a little like adding insult to injury for the people who are still waiting on BFL SC stuff.  

Get over yourself. He has every right to post this. If this hurts your "feelings" that's you problem, not his. Everyone is "suppose" to be adults here(far to many here need to go back to Pre-K). This is not kiddy play land. Posts like these need to be made to warn new potential BFL buyers. As crazy as it seems, they are still sucking people in daily.

Also, anyone waiting on BFL gear, should have  "saw the horrible way everyone else was being treated, why didn't the red flag go up at that point? "  You only have yourself to blame.

Haha...  Wtf?  My 'feelings' aren't being hurt, it seems like OP's are Sad  Lucky for him, he got his first BFL order early enough to beat the masses in the difficulty race.  FYI - I am not a BFL customer.  But it would fucking rock if the 'Custom Hardware' forum would have more posts about custom hardware.

You really don't think there are enough posts about BFL here already?  Posts which could 'warn' potential buyers away?

I fucking hate it when people start talking about being adults and the forums being 'kiddy play land'...  Those thoughts never cross my mind until people like you start talking about how immature everyone else is.  My assumption is that we are all around 20 years old or more.

Doesn't it bother you to type a garbage post with phrases like 'that's you problem' in them?  Maybe you are the one in kiddy play land, since you seem to be so insecure about us all actually being there.

OP - I hear you brother.  BFL is not a company to do business with.  I'm sorry you are having problems with them - maybe try calling?  My thought is - you aren't going to get your problem fixed here.  I do think your problem is solvable though, you really just need to be relentless and get someone on their support team on your side.  Your emails are likely one among many.  Be the squeaky wheel and get your grease.  Call them, Skype them, fax them, and write letters until you get someone who will advocate for you.

Address: 10770 El Monte, Leawood, KS 66211 United States of America

Voicemail: 1-800-809-MINE (6463)
Fax: 1-800-809-MINE (6463)
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:15:05 AM

Thanks for info atmclikk, Much appreciated.

This started on Oct 2nd, It's been more than 10 days and the order still has not been reverted, So I dont know what's going on.

I really did think about how this would all sound before I posted, I really did not want to come across as a whiner, I did it because I wanted to back up people who have had bad luck with customer services.

I always tried to stay neutral about BFL, I really did stay out the way of this subject for a long time, I never jumped on any bandwagon, I wanted to show how "long term" customers were being treated.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:56:53 AM

Thanks for info atmclikk, Much appreciated.

This started on Oct 2nd, It's been more than 10 days and the order still has not been reverted, So I dont know what's going on.

I really did think about how this would all sound before I posted, I really did not want to come across as a whiner, I did it because I wanted to back up people who have had bad luck with customer services.

I always tried to stay neutral about BFL, I really did stay out the way of this subject for a long time, I never jumped on any bandwagon, I wanted to show how "long term" customers were being treated.
+1 lets give him a brake.

I personally found the bfl website before bitcointalk. That has cost me 3k. Every post on bfl is needed to highlight just how bad from all perspectives the situation is.

Some have done well, but most have been shafted. Let people post there tales so people new to bitcoin  can be informed.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████