Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:43:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Multi GPU  (Read 424 times)
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:56:10 PM

My first rig was assembled from all of the GPU which I could get due to the large deficit. So on this rig I have works 2's RX480, 2's RX580 and 2xHD7900. All of the GPU working without problems and install additional software. Profit HD 7900 very low but I don't unplug them because there is no free money to buy a more modern GPU.

As long as your cards made a profit, even if just a bit profit, no reason to stop it, right?

....snip....
Maybe overheating? You should give us some more information about your setup. What do you want to mine with the multiple GPU? And you cant crossfire 2 different GPU chips. It should be the same.

Yeah, make sense.
OP - may you need to check your card's temperature.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ursul0

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:57:06 PM

Are you being serious? in what world changing the name of the executable changes anything?
I presume this kind of functionality can be implemented in theory, but seriously WTF are you saying?

Have you tried it? I have been to do it many of times. Maybe you need to download it and tried it to your modded cards (If you have it). Or may you want to Google it, let me give you the subject "rename atikmdag-patcher.exe to atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe". Cheers up!  Wink

Edit:
Oh damn, you don't need to google it. theodrim helping you well:

Are you being serious? in what world changing the name of the executable changes anything?
I presume this kind of functionality can be implemented in theory, but seriously WTF are you saying?

Quote from: ToastyX
Getting started:
  • Run atikmdag-patcher.exe. (If you only need the BIOS signature patch, rename it to atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe first.)
  • If all limits are found, click "Yes" to patch and sign. If a limit is not found or if multiple matches are found, the patcher needs to be updated.
  • Reboot.

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher?pid=2#pid2

Also using same principle rufus is working: The way it works is like this: if the file name contains the letter p, then the code will run in portable mode.

Sorry guys. Apparently this is really the case. This is weird but seems to be true.
Nice to know... Not that I really see the point of "modifying the bios signature check only", as I haven't seen any adverse effects of just applying the full patch
Geraldo

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:51:24 PM

Sorry guys. Apparently this is really the case. This is weird but seems to be true.

Never mind!  Grin

Nice to know... Not that I really see the point of "modifying the bios signature check only", as I haven't seen any adverse effects of just applying the full patch

Technically full patch wouldn't adverse effects for mining process, Pixel Clock and Refresh Rate patching, used to allow higher resolutions and refresh rates. While the mining process using computation mode, so high resolution, and refresh rate didn't affect much in the mining process

Atikmdag patcher used for modded bios cards, to bypass driver signature check by the system so that the system will recognize those card. Unverified driver signature may be causing BSOD.
SubutaiKHAN

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:53:47 PM

Could be power draw as well, if the crashing persists. What kind of PSU are you using?
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:10:09 PM

OP, here this more simple suggestion:

You just need to install the latest AMD Adrenaline driver. The same driver supports ALL GCN cards. I have a HD 7850 2GB card mining UBQ in a rig together with RX 570/580's mining ETH without any problems. If you have a modded Bios on a RX 470/480 or 570 you also need to run the pixel patcher to bypass the driver signature check after installing the driver or the card will have a code 43 error in Device Manager and it won't work. You also need to toggle to Compute mode from Graphics mode in AMD settings.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.3.1-Release-Notes.aspx

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-024.aspx

just add a little info about pixel clock using, if you just want to bypass bios signature without change another thing, rename atikmdag-patcher.exe to atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe, it will make bios signature only that patched.

Thanks for the tip. Can confirm this works. After renaming the pixel patcher .exe to atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe, only the Bios patch option shows up in the window. Cool! Smiley

martinhendrikx (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:48:02 PM

I did set up the right config, but now every time the miner starts my computer is crashing.
Any idea what cause this?
Maybe overheating? You should give us some more information about your setup. What do you want to mine with the multiple GPU? And you cant crossfire 2 different GPU chips. It should be the same.
I did set up the right config, but now every time the miner starts my computer is crashing.

What kind crashing you mean? Froze? Blank Screen? What is miner software you are using now? Which coins?
Have you tried to lower your cards setting?

Or may you need to increase Virtual Memory/Pagefile (if you haven't do it).

Your whole system crash or just he mining software? If its just software, than you made a mistake in setting mining software. Or it could be software it self, in that case download some different version of it and try again.
If its whole system that crashes, than maybe your PSU is not strong enough. Which PSU you have?

Hello again, sorry from the late response, I was on vacation.

when I install the miner, the whole computer is freezing, and the only way to get it back on runnin  is to get the power off and restart. have tried this several times.
earlier in this topic someone gave the tip to install the HD7970 driver after you installed the rx480, going to try this and keep you up to date.

if this will not work I will replace my energy 620W into a 750W, maybe that will work
Geraldo

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:08:45 AM

Thanks for the tip. Can confirm this works. After renaming the pixel patcher .exe to atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe, only the Bios patch option shows up in the window. Cool! Smiley

My pleasure.  Wink

Hello again, sorry from the late response, I was on vacation.

when I install the miner, the whole computer is freezing, and the only way to get it back on runnin  is to get the power off and restart. have tried this several times.
earlier in this topic someone gave the tip to install the HD7970 driver after you installed the rx480, going to try this and keep you up to date.

if this will not work I will replace my energy 620W into a 750W, maybe that will work

How dare you, we are all here trying to help you, and you were on vacation. But it's okay, and you show us, sometimes miners need a vacation.  Wink
bernike

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:51:29 AM

I think if you use different gpu for mining "it can", but as far as I know later will get some problems in the configuration. My suggestion you should be to use the same type of gpu, because that will make it easier in your rig settings.  Smiley

Bitcoin Address: 1MBUC1okNaazGucCB7eHbv82rUxyNGNCAc
https://bizzilion.com/?ref=kumanjelek
martinhendrikx (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:25:58 PM

How dare you, we are all here trying to help you, and you were on vacation. But it's okay, and you show us, sometimes miners need a vacation.  Wink
[/quote]

my sapphire wants to go to mexico Wink

I did find out that I need at least 900W, so let you know if it works
Geraldo

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:27:32 PM

my sapphire wants to go to mexico Wink

I did find out that I need at least 900W, so let you know if it works

Okay cowboy, don't forget to give us an update on your last condition. And don't forget to lock your thread when all done.  Tongue
martinhendrikx (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:46:14 PM

I got now 1000W.
when I setup the config my computer is still freezing.
Any suggestions?
Ajiloveyuyun

Activity: 106

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:20:17 PM

you need a different riser to combine the two GPUs, if successful you install first for rx480, after that you install another GPU.
you need an AIO program to install a C ++ program that can not read.

Good luck
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: