Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:09:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any blockchain app for decentralized messaging  (Read 72 times)
drillbot (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 11:59:25 PM

Is there any blockchain app which can be used for messaging if a regime blocks all internet? In particular ones which use phones as nodes.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 07:42:16 AM

Is there any blockchain app which can be used for messaging if a regime blocks all internet? In particular ones which use phones as nodes.

I like Signal, but I am not sure if it is 100% decentralised. The privacy level is high as compared to other messaging platforms. I don't know if they use phones as nodes because I do not understand the technical side of it. If you have not used it before, try it out and see if it meet your criteria.

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 09:49:51 AM

I like Signal, but I am not sure if it is 100% decentralised. The privacy level is high as compared to other messaging platforms. I don't know if they use phones as nodes because I do not understand the technical side of it. If you have not used it before, try it out and see if it meet your criteria.
Guess I have an idea of what Op is looking for but I'm not sure it exist yet.
I have heard about applications people can use in a network without the internet... more like a mesh network. It uses individual phones/devices that act as relay nodes to exchange data via wifi or bluetooth.  
I think something like that could work really well if you could spread some sort portable & water-resistant "Super-Node" devices to store all network data in strategic locations, within the community that forms the network. There can be smaller nodes that help distribute data to other nodes and the supernodes
drillbot (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 09:51:27 PM

Guess I have an idea of what Op is looking for but I'm not sure it exist yet.
I have heard about applications people can use in a network without the internet... more like a mesh network. It uses individual phones/devices that act as relay nodes to exchange data via wifi or bluetooth.  
I think something like that could work really well if you could spread some sort portable & water-resistant "Super-Node" devices to store all network data in strategic locations, within the community that forms the network. There can be smaller nodes that help distribute data to other nodes and the supernodes

This is correct. I have done some more searching and Firechat app seems to fit the criteria. But it is not crypto however.And seems to have been discontinued.
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 10:12:50 PM

I've heard about Signal and that's thanks to Elon's tweet about them. But are they a blockchain app? and its description says that it's not decentralized but it's privacy is higher than the usual centralized messaging app that we used to have.

I don't think it's the one that you're looking for OP. It needs internet to operate as per description.

Signal is a cross-platform centralized encrypted messaging service developed by the Signal Technology Foundation and Signal Messenger LLC. It uses the Internet to send one-to-one and group messages, which can include files, voice notes, images and videos.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
illnino

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2021, 03:09:24 PM

Adamant blockchain messenger is completely decentralized. According to the developers, the messenger is not tied either to mail or to a phone number, registration is not required.
Diffie-Hellman Curve25519, Salsa20, Poly1305 are used to encrypt messages and are signed with SHA-256 + Ed25519 EdDSA. You can bind a crypto wallet to the messenger.
pankowri

Activity: 728
Merit: 63

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
February 13, 2021, 05:03:14 PM

Adamant blockchain messenger is completely decentralized. According to the developers, the messenger is not tied either to mail or to a phone number, registration is not required.
Diffie-Hellman Curve25519, Salsa20, Poly1305 are used to encrypt messages and are signed with SHA-256 + Ed25519 EdDSA. You can bind a crypto wallet to the messenger.
I don't have any experience with that app. But if it was developed as decentralized messenger app then it is worth sharing to surrounding people around us so that we all can use it with safely and also can avoid our personal data. I will surely test it though I am not sure. Currently I am using Signal and BiP.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: