Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:11:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Distribution of bitcoin wealth by owner  (Read 153365 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 02:19:38 AM

We somewhat think alike.  Even as a child I never wore the jersey of some famous player.  It greatly bothered me. It made me feel like I was beneath them or I could never be greater than them.  It would anger me to think of having their name or number stamped on my back like an animal.  I admired great people, for a short while, but never idolized them for I found flaws and problems in them all.

When playing football all the other kids would say I'm [Famous player 1], I'm [famous player 2] etc. I would say I'm [my own name] and then if I did something good I would joke about beating the famous players they were supposed to be Cheesy

Everyone must have thought I was weird Smiley

Ahahahaa.

Very similar to how I felt.  That's a very good thing actually as long as it doesn't manifest into runaway arrogance and self love.

I think people idolize others too much and in a way to think of yourself as equal is healthier than being obsessed with celebrities.   I believe God made us all and we are all equal in this world.  It changes how we see ourselves and others around us and especially those that are famous or esteemed just for their wealth, looks, money etc.

That said, I do think because others judge based on these things, that to be influential we have to be "in the world but not of the world."  We need to fit in enough that they will actually listen.  This actually annoys me greatly and I have never been one that wants name brands or fancy cars.  I would like a larger house perhaps, but that is more for practical reasons then for status. But even there I think I could just make it work.  Contentment is an important thing to learn.

Amin, sister.  lol.

Good to see there's still real women in this world.

The kind that think. ; )

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:24:50 AM

We somewhat think alike.  Even as a child I never wore the jersey of some famous player.  It greatly bothered me. It made me feel like I was beneath them or I could never be greater than them.  It would anger me to think of having their name or number stamped on my back like an animal.  I admired great people, for a short while, but never idolized them for I found flaws and problems in them all.

When playing football all the other kids would say I'm [Famous player 1], I'm [famous player 2] etc. I would say I'm [my own name] and then if I did something good I would joke about beating the famous players they were supposed to be Cheesy

Ahahahaa.

Very similar to how I felt.  That's a very good thing actually as long as it doesn't manifest into runaway arrogance and self love.

I think people idolize others too much and in a way to think of yourself as equal is healthier than being obsessed with celebrities.   I believe God made us all and we are all equal in this world.  It changes how we see ourselves and others around us and especially those that are famous or esteemed just for their wealth, looks, money etc.

That said, I do think because others judge based on these things, that to be influential we have to be "in the world but not of the world."  We need to fit in enough that they will actually listen.  This actually annoys me greatly and I have never been one that wants name brands or fancy cars.  I would like a larger house perhaps, but that is more for practical reasons then for status. But even there I think I could just make it work.  Contentment is an important thing to learn.

Amin, sister.  lol.

Good to see there's still real women in this world.

The kind that think. ; )

Thanks. I like to think I am more logical than most women.  I was logical enough to invest in Bitcoin right!?

I do need to give some credit to my extremely logical husband though.  He keeps me accountable. Wink

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:04:31 AM

I hope I get the opportunity to be a low profile wealthy person. Just give me a beach house on a quiet stretch of coast and forget that I exist.   

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 05:32:14 AM

I hope I get the opportunity to be a low profile wealthy person. Just give me a beach house on a quiet stretch of coast and forget that I exist.  

Where's the fun in that?

Plenty of time for peace and quiet in the grave, where we're all going [and soon forgotten].

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:47:53 PM

I enjoyed reading your analysis and largely agree. Thanks.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:05:53 PM

Ahahahaa.

I certainly don't believe we are are equal. Some people are more equal than others Wink
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 10:40:21 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 02:18:48 AM by Rassah

Bitcoin is gonna be listed on Nasdaq [on Wall Street]. [i was the only human on earth last year saying the Public ETF was a guarantee].

I'm pretty sure everyone was saying it was a guarantee, and many were saying bitcoin replacing USD was a guarantee. The only question was how long it was going to take. A lot of people were pretty sure it wouldn't take longer than a year or two after Winklevi started working on theirs. Plus getting listed on Nasdaq isn't the same as "on Wall Street." They list it there, and everyone else, Wall and Main Streets, buy and trade. Plus I wouldn't call the Winklevi, or the other guys starting the competing ETF, Wall Street bankers. They're nerds like us.

Also, this is getting terribly off-topic.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:51:40 PM

Yeah I just checked what topic this was in and was slightly surprised.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 10:55:33 PM

Bitcoin is gonna be listed on Nasdaq [on Wall Street]. [i was the only human on earth last year saying the Public ETF was a guarantee].

I'm pretty sure everyone was saying it was a guarantee, and many were saying bitcoin replacing USD was a guarantee. The only question was how long it was going to take. A lot of people were pretty sure it wouldn't take longer than a year or two after Winklevi started working on theirs. Plus getting listen on Nasdaq isn't the same as "on Wall Street." They list it there, and everyone else, Wall and Main Streets, buy and trade. Plus I wouldn't call the Winklevi, or the other guys starting the competing ETF, Wall Street bankers. They're nerds like us.

Everyone, eh?

Please, show me just one post by just one other guy who said (last year, before Bitcoin blew up) the Bitcoin ETF was a guarantee.

Lol, after the fact everyone is a genius.  Everybody knows now it was a sure thing.  Haha, I even said this [about armchair wannabes] last year as I was being called insane for these very predictions.

Getting listed on Nasdaq isn't going to Wall Street?  Why, cause Nasdaq is now automated and electronic?

Hahahaa.

The Winklevoss Twins went to Harvard for Economics, yet you think they're "nerds", and will have their own ETF, named after them, on Wall Street, but they're not bankers?

Economists [worth $300 million] with their own ETF on Wall Street but they're nerds and not Bankers.  

Hahahaaa.

At any rate, this is way off topic so let's stop bullshitting.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:25:59 AM

Everyone, eh?

Please, show me just one post by just one other guy who said (last year, before Bitcoin blew up) the Bitcoin ETF was a guarantee.

I'm not going to drudge the forum just for that. But the ETF was talked about quite a bit at the San Jose conference last May, to which the Winklevoss twins were even invited to make a speech at. I'm just saying you are not "the only human on earth" who believed that bitcoin replacing current finance was inevitable. Why do you think so many people put hundreds of thousands into it back when it was just $10 or less? (wish I was one of them)

Lol, after the fact everyone is a genius.  Everybody knows now it was a sure thing.  Haha, I even said this [about armchair wannabes] last year as I was being called insane for these very predictions.

Yes, many people didn't think Bitcoin was a sure thing. Most have never even heard of it. But TONS of people who are still active with forum signup dates from even before yours believed in it just as you do (very likely the OP included). Point is you're not special. Smart, good insight, but not unique. Be a part of a proud group of visionaries, not a "look at me! I alone predicted this and you are all morons" douchebag.

The Winklevoss Twins went to Harvard for Economics, yet you think they're "nerds", and will have their own ETF, named after them, on Wall Street, but they're not bankers?

Yes. There's a difference between the likes of J.P. Morgan/Rockefeller, and Winklevoss/Bill Gates/some other stupid-rich computer nerd. Bill Gates is even richer than them. Don't tell me he's not a total nerd.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 03:56:22 AM

This is on-topic since it deals with the future mass distribution of Bitcoin (And Cryptos).  And the biggest reason I knew The Bitcoin ETF was a guarantee from the very beginning.  The Forced Distribution of Bitcoin (cryptos) I've been talking about [for over a year].

In a year or two all the arm-chair experts here will say they all knew this all along.  Haha, while today they're sucking off Satoshi and vomitting the lies of Bitcoin "experts" like Andreas Antonopolous and Roger Ver, who [Satoshi] will prove to be the exact opposite of what he's been worshipped as, the Trojan horse used by the state to rob everyone of their last bastion of freedom:  CASH.

Enjoyhttp://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-27/government-plan-would-transform-israel-world’s-first-cashless-society

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 04:09:56 AM

This is on-topic since it deals with the future mass distribution of Bitcoin (And Cryptos).  And the biggest reason I knew The Bitcoin ETF was a guarantee from the very beginning.  The Forced Distribution of Bitcoin (cryptos) I've been talking about [for over a year].

In a year or two all the arm-chair experts here will say they all knew this all along.  Haha, while today they're sucking off Satoshi and vomitting the lies of Bitcoin "experts" like Andreas Antonopolous and Roger Ver, who [Satoshi] will prove to be the exact opposite of what he's been worshipped as, the Trojan horse used by the state to rob everyone of their last bastion of freedom:  CASH.

Enjoy:  http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-27/government-plan-would-transform-israel-world’s-first-cashless-society

Ok, wtf are you talking about? Forced distribution of cryptos? (Is that even possible) Or should I not even ask? (By the way, I know Roger personally, and the idea that he, an extreme anti-government volyntaryist who went so far as to renounce his US citizenship, is a state supporter is frankly idiotic and insulting)

Activity: 77
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:16:36 AM

So when are you guys going to stop replying to Vlad2Vlad? I've had him on ignore for a while, and you're all still shitting all over this thread. Please stop.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 06:51:43 AM

This is on-topic since it deals with the future mass distribution of Bitcoin (And Cryptos).  And the biggest reason I knew The Bitcoin ETF was a guarantee from the very beginning.  The Forced Distribution of Bitcoin (cryptos) I've been talking about [for over a year].

In a year or two all the arm-chair experts here will say they all knew this all along.  Haha, while today they're sucking off Satoshi and vomitting the lies of Bitcoin "experts" like Andreas Antonopolous and Roger Ver, who [Satoshi] will prove to be the exact opposite of what he's been worshipped as, the Trojan horse used by the state to rob everyone of their last bastion of freedom:  CASH.

Enjoy:  http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-27/government-plan-would-transform-israel-world’s-first-cashless-society

Ok, wtf are you talking about? Forced distribution of cryptos? (Is that even possible) Or should I not even ask? (By the way, I know Roger personally, and the idea that he, an extreme anti-government volyntaryist who went so far as to renounce his US citizenship, is a state supporter is frankly idiotic and insulting)

Unwittingly supporting the state.

He's got no clue where this is going.  ZERO.  He's just thinking about profits and I hope he knows when to get out and disappear.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 07:23:17 PM

He's [Roger] got no clue where this is going.  ZERO.  He's just thinking about profits and I hope he knows when to get out and disappear.

He, uh, has. That's what moving to Tokyo, and then giving up your US citizenship for a passport from some random Caribbean island, and living who knows where now, is - "getting out and disappearing."

But yeah, let's stop this.

Vlad2Vlad, is this your only username, or did you used to post under something else?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 07:39:41 PM

Can we actually get a Distribution of bitcoin wealth by owner or should I unwatch this topic?

That distribution has been given on this thread and updated.

No, I only post and posted only with this alias.

Roger Ver is a sitting duck.

New US law states anyone considered an enemy of the state can be legally targeted and neutralized anywhere in the world WITHOUT due process or even charges levied against them. This applies to even US citizens.

Roger Ver Is still in and has not Disappeared.  I suspect he will become a primary target at some point.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 08:03:52 PM

New US law states anyone considered an enemy of the state can be legally targeted and neutralized anywhere in the world WITHOUT due process or even charges levied against them. This applies to even US citizens.

Why is the bold part relevant to Roger Ver?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 09:39:44 PM

Why is the bold part relevant to Roger Ver?

Because if they can legally kill any US citizen then Roger Ver is a no-name deadman walking with his twobit paid for island passport.  Nobody would even ask:  Why did this man jump off his 40th story balcony?

If he were smart he'd get an Israeli citizenship.  That's what I would do (even though I already have US and EU citizenships) and That would at least give him a chance.

Harley997

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:32:29 AM

The Gox leak is in no way reliable.

You do need to take into consideration the fact that there are some coins "commingled" together. For example coins at almost every exchange are generally grouped together making it look like few people control a lot of BTC when in reality many people control the BTC in question in relation to the exchanges.

The same is true for mining pools, at least temporary. 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:31:19 PM

If he were smart he'd get an Israeli citizenship.  That's what I would do (even though I already have US and EU citizenships) and That would at least give him a chance.

Why did you choose that citizenship?  Israel is more or less in the U.S. pocket.....

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: