Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:15:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to launch an independent bitcoin network?  (Read 96 times)
Tanjima (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:24:47 AM

Hello,

We would like to launch a peer2peer currency bounded to a specific community&region (i.e. central europe) and therefore we found it more practical to have our own network, parallel to the main bitcoin thread, independent from the speculations of GPU miners.

Therefore I would like to ask whether it is possible to do such a kind of 'fork' and if yes (which is more or less certainly the case), what should be done so that the new chain of transactions will be seeded ?

Of course we'll change the irc server & initial pnSeed values etc., but the bitcoin code is filled with sophisticated crypto so it seems to me that some other quite obfuscated values have to be changed in order to have a fully independent network. Could somebody indicate what variables have to be changed so that a new currency can be seeded?

Also please understand that by our tentatives to create a parallel currency (let's call it kybcoin for example) we do not want to, in any way, undermine the impact&value of the main bitcoin currency. On the contrary, we believe that an emergence of a new bitcoin-philosophy-based currency will add new spice in the game, since in the ideal case it would be possible to exchange bitcoins for kybcoins & vice versa...

which would be in the end, to the profit of all (we truly believe that bitcoin can lead to a nonzero-sum game economy)

Thank You very much for the time spent by reading (&possible reacting) to this message.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: