Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:26:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a little warning about GB21: A clever Ponzi  (Read 368 times)
amishmanish (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:28:58 AM
Merited by Guvn0r (4), dbshck (2)

Greeting from India

I wanted to share this post about this Ponzi MLM called as GB21 which is aiming Indonesia for sometime now. It has its roots in one of the most shrewdly propagated scams in India through gainbitcoin, bitcoingrowthfund.com etc. The scammers behind it are now running a scheme by the name of GB21 in SE Asian countries and particularly Indonesia. I trust you lot to be vigilant enough to avoid it but some people may still have fallen for it.

This is a request to inform as many people as possible about it. These people don't target the tech-savvy or the Bitcointalk forum going people. They'll instead target the normal small-businessmen and middle-aged professionals who don't really have the time to go online and search for legitimacy.
They typically make contact through word of mouth marketing in the tier 2 cities and entice people to fund them in exchange of tall promises.

Please try to propagate this amongst the general populace so that they don't fall for this ponzi. Many in India lost a lot of money and these people are already under investigation.

Please check the following links for details of FIR lodged etc.

Is this the beginning of the endgame for Amit Bhardwaj?

A really well researched old topic on the India board by tmfp titled Amit Bhardwaj/Kumar and a HashOcean clone called Gainbitcoin.

Maybe you guys already know about it, but whats important is to spread it among those who aren't tech-savvy enough. These people give cryptocurrencies a bad name and take the whole ecosystem backwards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sapta
aka BitRentX
Legendary

Activity: 1718
Merit: 1205

Yield.App

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 08:44:58 AM

First, I thank you for the warning. I did a little Googling and here's the result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_WgZhhW9Bk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4jzxUy6YgQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dorI_WhZG5A

They're already promoting this in Bali. But for your information, the kind of Indonesian people who always fall for this kind of scam is usually the people who doesn't even know about Bitcoin. This is worrying I know but like every other people in the world, Indonesian loves to get rich quick. I hope that my fellow Indonesian can share this news to everybody around them. Bitcoin is not about getting rich in like days or months, but Bitcoin is a tool created by Satoshi for us to avoid banks and to get hold of our money in our own hands.

Saya harap temen-temen di SubForum Bahasa Indonesia supaya tidak terjerumus kepada hal-hal seperti ini. Edukasi orang-orang terdekat kalian tentang apa sebenarnya Bitcoin itu, apa kegunaannya dan kenapa hal seperti ini ujung-ujungnya bakal scam.
amishmanish (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:55:26 AM

They're already promoting this in Bali. But for your information, the kind of Indonesian people who always fall for this kind of scam is usually the people who doesn't even know about Bitcoin. This is worrying I know but like every other people in the world, Indonesian loves to get rich quick. I hope that my fellow Indonesian can share this news to everybody around them. Bitcoin is not about getting rich in like days or months, but Bitcoin is a tool created by Satoshi for us to avoid banks and to get hold of our money in our own hands.

Saya harap temen-temen di SubForum Bahasa Indonesia supaya tidak terjerumus kepada hal-hal seperti ini. Edukasi orang-orang terdekat kalian tentang apa sebenarnya Bitcoin itu, apa kegunaannya dan kenapa hal seperti ini ujung-ujungnya bakal scam.

This sucks big time. I can see why they would target Bali. It's a little island in your awesome country which has a hindu majority population as well as lot of old settlers from India. The GB21 scammers being from India helps their case by creating a sense of familiarity. Is there any way we can propagate this more in the local populations.

For example, the FIR copy present in that first post i shared should be easy for a media house to take up and warn people against it in a small newspaper article. Here's the direct link to the website https://factordaily.com/amit-bhardwaj-aashish-dabas-gainbitcoin-gb21-ed-investigation/

By the way, Bali is beautiful. I'd love to visit Jakarta sometime. I've heard it's not much different from the Indian melting-pot, Mumbai.

sapta
aka BitRentX
Legendary

Yield.App

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 03:04:43 AM

This sucks big time. I can see why they would target Bali. It's a little island in your awesome country which has a hindu majority population as well as lot of old settlers from India. The GB21 scammers being from India helps their case by creating a sense of familiarity. Is there any way we can propagate this more in the local populations.

For example, the FIR copy present in that first post i shared should be easy for a media house to take up and warn people against it in a small newspaper article. Here's the direct link to the website https://factordaily.com/amit-bhardwaj-aashish-dabas-gainbitcoin-gb21-ed-investigation/

By the way, Bali is beautiful. I'd love to visit Jakarta sometime. I've heard it's not much different from the Indian melting-pot, Mumbai.

The good thing is that the biggest exchange in Indonesia has an office in Bali. So IF some people who is falling for the scam has a little brain capacity left, they'll come to the office and ask something about it mostly because they'll see the word Bitcoin on the building. I used to work there in 2014 and the amount of people that came to ask about MMM is quite a lot (it happened before I officially hired though).

Like I said, most people who fall for this kind of scam doesn't even know what Bitcoin is and how it works. That's utterly stupid. And that's also the reason I can't really get the word out. I'll find some way though. Twitter might help.

Jakarta sucks btw. Cheesy
cissrawk

Activity: 1218
Merit: 410

Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:50:34 AM
Merited by amishmanish (1)

Hmm im interesting with this and im doing small research.
Looks like this is their website https://www.gb21.com/index.aspx right? (use adblocker, something fishy when i open this web and it trigger my opera to block this pop up). cmiiw.

This is based on whois
Registrant Contact Information:
Name Namecheap.com Namecheap.com
Organization Namecheap.com
Address 4600 East Washington Street, Suite 305
City Phoenix
State / Province AZ
Postal Code 85034
Country US
Phone +1.6613102107
Email support@namecheap.com

Administrative Contact Information:
Name Namecheap.com Namecheap.com
City Phoenix
State / Province AZ
Postal Code 85034
Country US
Phone +1.6613102107

Technical Contact Information:
NameN amecheap.com Namecheap.com
City Phoenix
State / Province AZ
Postal Code 85034
Country US
Phone +1.6613102107
Looks like their identity and address are protected by namecheap. Thats shady if some ''legit'' business hide their information imo.
And when i start to research in on youtube, they already open a lot office in the whole world. they're very popular.

Just check their testimonials and i found "Manu Sharma", Based on Wikipedia manu sharma is murderer.  Shocked

Edit : https://steemit.com/scam/@bhagyesh1/scam-alert-called-mcap-gainbitcoin-com-gb21-com-gbminers-com

I'm doing steam artwork.Official thread (Indo, but please pm me even if you're english speaker) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5323281
NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR MONEY. PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MONEY! More info click here or go to NotYourKeys.org
Trade Crypto and get 10% cashback BTC16CYsf1yonoVAN3jLAJguREmoJfCy5twi4
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:18:06 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2018, 10:42:44 AM by Miiike

I'm afraid that even though some people who careful enough would first confirm this "investment" to indodax's HQ, there are lots of new people that wouldn't do that. IMO, having little to no experience, it wont cross their mind to contact HQ. Hopefully they'll search for some reference and information here, though. So, best thing I can think of to inform people here is by bumping this thread up (or temporarily pin this thread, if mods allowed), and relies on word of mouths to spread the info.

Having this in Indonesian would help too. If mod allow to temporarily pin this, I'll help translating on the post below

Edit: Link to the translated thread into Indonesian https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3183419.0
sapta
aka BitRentX
Legendary

Yield.App

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 08:38:37 AM

I'm afraid that even though some people who careful enough would first confirm this "investment" to indodax's HQ, there are lots of new people that wouldn't do that. IMO, having little to no experience, it wont cross their mind to contact HQ. Hopefully they'll search for some reference and information here, though. So, best thing I can think of to inform people here is by bumping this thread up (or temporarily pin this thread, if mods allowed), and relies on word of mouths to spread the info.

My tweet got 2000 impressions so far and hopefully more people will take a look and retweet it.

Having this in Indonesian would help too. If mod allow to temporarily pin this, I'll help translating on the post below

Please do translate the OP and lock it right away. I'll pin it for at least a month. Thanks, Miiiike.
amishmanish (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:49:57 AM

Selamat Datang..!
The promoter of the fake Ponzi scheme GB21, Gainbitcoin, Bitcoingrowthfund, MCAP and God-knows how mnay unknown other in the name of ICOs, just got arrested in Thailand.
[/color]
http://www.crypto-news.in/news/indian-cryptocurrency-scamster-amit-bharadwaj-finally-nabbed-bangkok-police/

Kindly Spread the word!!
sapta
aka BitRentX
Legendary

Yield.App

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 05:00:32 AM

Selamat Datang..!
The promoter of the fake Ponzi scheme GB21, Gainbitcoin, Bitcoingrowthfund, MCAP and God-knows how mnay unknown other in the name of ICOs, just got arrested in Thailand.
http://www.crypto-news.in/news/indian-cryptocurrency-scamster-amit-bharadwaj-finally-nabbed-bangkok-police/

Kindly Spread the word!!

Noice! We shouldn't let this kind of people roaming around SE Asia country to spread his bullshit. Thanks for the update amishmanish, I will lock this thread and unpin the translation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: