Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:50:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Charity Accepting Bitcoins?  (Read 2090 times)
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:46:08 AM

I think it won't be that wise for charities to accept bitcoins. yeah, they probably have online capabilities to access BTC. What I would probably do is when I encash, I'll donate to multiple charities a portion of my earnings. That way, I can maximize what I earn and still have some for me.
There could be multiple advantages if charities start accepting bitcoin payments because donors will be finding much easier with the bitcoin transactions also it will help avoiding tax complications for both charities and donors. I'm sure already many charities are accepting bitcoin as per I do see in Google.

Fiat will be around for a very long time so at this point, I wouldn't worry about it for now. Fiat or any other basic needs that we can donate will be the way to go.
Even fiats are with us for hundreds of years, there are still many complications we are facing by using fiats. I believe only bitcoin kind of payment system will remove those complications. At some point of time people will understand these facts and will start using bitcoins.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kwabeedat

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:53:36 AM

If there is a charity accepting bitcoins do you prefer to give some of yours Huh

Me: I will if there is, but for now I don't have yet. Wink

EDITED:

Yeah it a hassle for now.

Another question: But what if there is fiat will be disappear in the future and crypto will conquered the world and all payment transactions will be on blockchain system?
So is this applicable right?

That's why it's a charity. You freely give and they'll also accept so far as it has value or it's money. So you can give them when you get some bitcoins
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:59:15 AM

Charity organisations are not just accepting bitcoin but are creating tokens for that purpose. Tokens are created on blockchain which opens a new way of receiving and giving out charities that is transparent . This prevents fraud and reinforce donors' trust . Example of such coins are aidcoin, cherr.io , BCharity, and giftcoin .

sundul

Activity: 152
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:11:47 AM

If there is a charity accepting bitcoins do you prefer to give some of yours Huh

EDITED:

Yeah, it a hassle for now.

Another question: But what if there is fiat will disappear in the future and crypto will conquer the world and all payment transactions will be on blockchain system?

For now, I also do not have Bitcoin and in my country, things like this still should not be done. But I am sure in the future, we will all use digital currency in our daily lives. Because the development of digital currencies is now growing rapidly, so did not rule out this could happen.
boksoon

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:36:00 AM

EDITED:

Another question: But what if there is fiat will be disappear in the future and crypto will conquered the world and all payment transactions will be on blockchain system?

That's very good Idea for all the donors if BITCOIN accepted to Charity organization because many organization wanting to have additional  fund for their charity needs for all the people included child and thunders. many of them has unable to raised charity fund because almost all people has focus their own family life so the story of charity is not priority in true to life story. so we are very thankful if bitcoin is applicable to charity.   
kateycoin

Activity: 882
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:33:14 AM

EDITED:

For me why not if bitcoin can help that charity. Of course I will give some bitcoin to them because I know it will a big help to the charity mostly to their needs. I think its ok if bitcoin become a only currency we use but you know we need to consider some of people that no have ability to use bitcoin.

███    TWITTER      MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
bitchubitchu

Activity: 175

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:14:13 AM

If there is a charity accepting bitcoins I will probably give some of my bitcoins but for now it is impossible to donate because I do not have yet any bitcoin in my wallet.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:41:14 AM

I think it won't be that wise for charities to accept bitcoins. yeah, they probably have online capabilities to access BTC. What I would probably do is when I encash, I'll donate to multiple charities a portion of my earnings. That way, I can maximize what I earn and still have some for me.

Fiat will be around for a very long time so at this point, I wouldn't worry about it for now. Fiat or any other basic needs that we can donate will be the way to go.
Accepting Bitcoins by charities is a good decision if they make it would be very good for them. But I will decide to donate my Bitcoins when the price is high so that my wish is also accomplish to gain huge profit and so that I make myself able to donate even more than the amount of Bitcoin I decide to donate before the price rising so I two points rises. Let’s earn a lot and donate a lot.
Minnasan

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:28:15 AM

Accepting Bitcoins by charities is a good decision if they make it would be very good for them. But I will decide to donate my Bitcoins when the price is high so that my wish is also accomplish to gain huge profit and so that I make myself able to donate even more than the amount of Bitcoin I decide to donate before the price rising so I two points rises. Let’s earn a lot and donate a lot.

Would you just give your BTC if you already have the advantage? What if you end up with no profit (no profit and no loss)? Would you still donate it to a charity?  Huh Huh

I think if you have the desire to donate some of your BTC you do not have to wait to have an advantage, in my belief, if you want to donate something then donate it because by donating you will not lose your property or wealth (in fact you will get more than what which you donate). Wink Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   DICE.money   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀|   A NEW GENERATION SOCIAL CRYPTOCURRENCY   |▀
lastnumber

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:04:44 AM

Charity accepts everything. If that is the material and spiritual value of the donor is voluntary. And those values ​​are given with a loving and pure heart. Bitcoin is a product that carries with it material value.
So why are charities refusing Bitcoin? Especially donors can send Bitcoin to distant places without having to go through a government organization. Bitcoin can be used for charity very well!
supergorg27

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:15:11 AM

Yes I will. If there is charity accepting bitcoin I will try to help ang give as much as what I have because I believe if you help someone, more blessings will returned to you because you tried to make others happy.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
kangbasir

Activity: 394

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:29:56 AM

in my opinion, Sharing / charity does not have to be material or treasures like money, food, and more. We can also share goodness and happiness in the form of energy, knowledge, thought, prayer and information about bitcoin and help the beginners.
selline

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:19:26 AM

in my opinion, Sharing / charity does not have to be material or treasures like money, food, and more. We can also share goodness and happiness in the form of energy, knowledge, thought, prayer and information about bitcoin and help the beginners.
Agree, help not have to with money. many things can be done. starting from the smallest thing with prayer. and also in tangible form. indeed it is up to dair who want to help them in what way
developer101dev

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:31:40 AM

EDITED:

There are some of the charities that is accepting bitcoins but since cryptocurrency today is continuously growing then i do not think that there will be people today in the community who wants to give coins that they are keeping for a long time.
Jessica1234

Activity: 85

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:57:30 AM

It's a great idea if there's a charity that accepting bitcoins because it may help a lot of people. And some bitcoiners are rich already, so there's a tendency that they will donate a huge money to a charity and other stablishment such as schools, libraries, houses, equipments and others. It's an advantage to charity if they accept bitcoins.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:01:23 AM

The charity organisation in my opinion has no options selecting which currency to accept provided it is a currency since they of profit motive in my opinion. And if i have the means of assisting any of the charity organisation i will do so with Bitcoin so as to make Bitcoin more popular.
shinchan123

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:27:25 AM

EDITED:

Of course, I would. I would definitely give them some. Knowing how bitcoin works, I am quite positive that the charity would make a good use of it because they usually don't spend a lot of money, mostly for care and if really needed. So, they can just store their bitcoin and in time could grow. 0
speedy963

Activity: 631
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:49:05 AM

Agree, help not have to with money. many things can be done. starting from the smallest thing with prayer. and also in tangible form. indeed it is up to dair who want to help them in what way
Since then all i can hear about charity is that they are accepting money for the their goal that they will help those who are in need, but seldom times i heard them that they were accepting food and any forms of help. There are so many ways for you to help not only in a form of money or in financial system. If i were to be asked to give bitcoin as charity, i'd rather choose to give them food if possible rather than money, or as much as possible give them opportunity. As the old saying goes teach them how to fish.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:52:52 AM

I think charity using bitcoin can happen and can be done when the beneficiary receives the money to make local money and for fiat if it disappears it is certain bitcoin will replace the fiat position.
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:10:52 AM

I mean it's like kindness for each human being to help each other with charity, but I think the better thing that you need to give for the people who needs is the real and comfortable things, it's cool that if you want guve your coins but the charity means was something easy and useful for the peoples. So just sell some of your coins and buy them a something meaningful and useful.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: