Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:30:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EOS team dumping ETH  (Read 242 times)
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 02:12:59 PM

Who will be the next? There are a lot of ICO that have huge quantity of eth on their balances) Children ICOs will kill their farther ETH together;)

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:17:10 PM

EOS recently dumped lots of ETH. You guys think maybe they are trying to damage them and looking to show the community that they will be the better alternative? Or maybe theyre just paying wages who knows  Grin

ICOs that take payments in ETH do tend to sell large quantities of ETH too, it's just what happens. Crypto is volatile, and it makes sense to have (at least some of) your budget in dollars. For the same reason that although I love crypto, I do at the moment need my salary to be paid in fiat because the real world demands on me are also in fiat. It's just how it works, and will be until crypto reaches maturity and stability.

pigheadbig

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:22:00 PM

Really? They are confidently to challenge ETH? But i dont think they could beat the ETH. What's more, i think they hardly win the NEO, and i think the ICX has more potential than EOS.

I do not think it is a good time for EOS to challenge the ETH since EOS is not strong enough. As we know, ETH is mainly used to buy ICO tokens, and many ICO project use Etherium network to release their tokens, EOS is not so popular.
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:24:51 PM

Maybe they're cashing out because they're actually promoting a scam coin? I would think that many of their employees would be paid directly in crypto, so I can't see any reason they would need to cash out such a large amount at once unless they're trying to exit scam. Or perhaps they just need some fiat to onboard some new talent, or get listed on some exchanges.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:15:06 PM

EOS recently dumped lots of ETH. You guys think maybe they are trying to damage them and looking to show the community that they will be the better alternative? Or maybe theyre just paying wages who knows  Grin

Well, now EOS is a direct competitor of ETH and it was expected.

Still, ETH will remain the more powerful smart contract platform. The best option is to have both in the portfolio.
Expected from what? Dude, you can quick clip that, and I can say that this is how eos team is defined as ethereum killers. Raised a lot of ethereum amounts in the crowdsale and then just dump them all without doing anything to prevent the market from crashing.

EOS is full of speculation from those are saying that as a future of ethereum killer but remember if ethereum doesn't need billions worth of money just to create smartcontract as own idea.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:48:13 AM

Make sense that they will start liquidating ETH towards their mainnet launch.
They will need to fund things, marketing, scaling things up, and etc.
Well, all we are just basically doing here is to speculate without any single proof of EOS team dumping ETH for real and even if they have decided to dump ETH for EOS, it is their market and they can decide to do whatever they like to get the coin supported, and I believe ETH is strong enough to keep itself going. However, I do not see how all these actually sum up with what is going on in the market presently, and I may be wrong, but it does not seem like real news.

What makes OP thinks that the EOS team is dumping ETH. At least even if he is trying to share something he must have read somewhere which to me is more of fake news, probably next time, he should share the source. The whole market is in correction, it is not the first time, and it would not be the last, so looking for reasons for that is absurd.
nguyenhongsen

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:36:10 AM

EOS recently dumped lots of ETH. You guys think maybe they are trying to damage them and looking to show the community that they will be the better alternative? Or maybe theyre just paying wages who knows  Grin

Yep, yesterday, I also heard about that, but EOS didn't admit that they do that. But if you look at the ETH's price go down while entire market go up, you can realize something unusual, and I think this information is a real
MilanaPay

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:49:28 AM

Yep, yesterday, I also heard about that, but EOS didn't admit that they do that. But if you look at the ETH's price go down while entire market go up, you can realize something unusual, and I think this information is a real

Can not EOS crush Ethereum, I do not argue that this is a good project, but the glory of Ethereum, he does not win. On it you can make good money and in the future there can be good ICO on their platform, but it will not be better than ETH

Fenderr

Activity: 293
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:00:56 PM

As a trader, I care less about this as EOS cannot at the moment out-compete the Ethereum blockchain. Both can co-exist in my honest opinion and without trying to undo the other.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:02:57 PM

EOS recently dumped lots of ETH. You guys think maybe they are trying to damage them and looking to show the community that they will be the better alternative? Or maybe theyre just paying wages who knows  Grin

How does they dump ETH? Isn't that might lead to the rise of ETH popularity just because more people may afford buying it when ETH cheaper then before?
I do not even see how they want to achieve that, and even if they are doing these, and have decided to go all in to support their coin, then who are we to hold anyone ? It is a free market.

However, I do not see this to be true as the Op did not even bother to share any link and most especially the fact that there is really not much of a serious rally in EOS price. The whole market has been down, so why would anyone be giving us the EOS trying to boost their market kind of news by dumping ETH? It does not add up at all.
darewaller

Activity: 2856
Merit: 639

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:06:37 PM

It can only be good if many people are waiting down there to pick up the dip, other than that I don't belive they can crash market that much as they honestly don't hold any large amount that could tank the price like 40% or so.
This cannot be true as EOS team never came out themselves to say this and apparently, anyone could have just come up to make this up. Even if this is the case and ETH gets dumped, then we will pick the low value like you said, but the ETH market is a huge one on its own, and I do not see how EOS whatever, as claimed by the OP will have any effect that much on ETH or create that sort of perception for investors. Also, it is not like EOS itself is doing that pretty good in price lately.

As a trader, I care less about this as EOS cannot at the moment out-compete the Ethereum blockchain. Both can co-exist in my honest opinion and without trying to undo the other.
Always competitions are going everywhere but we do notice it only drastic changes are occurring. Situations may change and we traders do forget when ethereum gets better prices. It happened in past so why not in coming days.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀