Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:39:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 363 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching  (Read 237202 times)
Larvitar

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:38:20 AM

3*vega56 mod to vega64- 500W power for wall
SrbMiner 1.4.6
Cryptonight Heavy
4434HR

miner work but why i see error ...Huh?

i try with low mem clock and low gpu clock but error again.

I think is a pool/network issue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goodminer

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:54:08 AM

@doktor83 Please make an option for simple one bat file, where we can put all data for mining, like claymore cryptonight miner, or sgminer for example with simple commands (-o -a -w -g -I...), why separate so much config, pools, etc and so much unnecessary files??

I will add that, few of you asked for it, so you will get it Smiley
Wow thank you very much. Cheesy We can expect it in the next version?
Can you give me some advice for fine tuning my r7 370-s and rx 470s for all cryptonight versions, because on all types of algos, my desktop is little freezing, even on default settings, or even a much smaller intensity.
HCimatt

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:57:31 AM

I'm having issues using certain GPU's.  no matter what I change, when I start the miner it starts all mu GPU's instead of the ones I choose.  its like the gpu conf section is not overruling everything else like the readme file says it should?? I'm pretty new at this so I'm sure its something I'm prolly doing but I could use some help!! otherwise I love the new miner!!  thanks
deathlire

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:45:07 AM
Merited by cryptosize (1)

Can you give me some advice for fine tuning my r7 370-s and rx 470s for all cryptonight versions, because on all types of algos, my desktop is little freezing, even on default settings, or even a much smaller intensity.

Nothing really can help that without the kernels that are executed. This also happens on any other gpu miner as well right?

For everyone:

I'll explain a bit about OpenCL and how the "kernels" work a bit..
The kernel or "payload/work" is sent to the video card and is kind of like a singular pipe, okay that analogy sucked, but imagine
with all the "CU" Compute Units available.. the work from these kernels are sort of like threads on a miniature scale and they all
work according to the OpenCL standard (Hopefully) But it's like a faucet.. turn it on or off.. also you may need to turn down intensity
even more until you have a freeze free desktop which costs all the extra hashing power you would have had.  Remember on SRBMiner you can
use decimals so don't forget that ex: "intensity 20.3" or what have you.

I've left an earlier comment on a "low intensity" mode that is about splitting
up one big time job to do work into much smaller timed jobs and if done right, it really shouldn't have any negative impact on hashing speed,
or at least any notable impacts on it so that could be maybe be a modulation of 100ms or 1/10th a second per command queue or even smoother
by doing it roughly ~16.67ms for 1/60th a second, but I'm getting a bit to technical trying to explain it.. Anywho, a good way to perhaps implement
this would be to take an argument for say --desktop_mode <time in milliseconds> ex. --desktop_mode 25 and plug that in which would do 40 pulses_per_second.

I'm not the most intelligible on OpenCL and gpu kernel work, but to the best of my knowledge this is the only way that claymore/phoenix miners are doing this,
please correct me if I'm wrong (Which I probably am on a few things Tongue ).  Since I have no source code to these miners, I've been doing a bit of work on XMRig-amd
and testing my findings out on that.. So far I haven't got into splitting up kernel execution times, but i did turn an almost static 32H/s into 35H/s by redoing a bit
of the way the kernel maps memory.. Not sure how big of an improvement it would be on a real card, but it probably would give a good bit more hashes on other cards..
I'm only able to test with an amd radeon HD6530D APU setup and the maximum i've ever got it to do was 42H/s at a slight bit of OC on claymore and around 50H/s if i jacked
timing up to almost 700Mhz from stock 444Mhz for this cards core..(Probably wondering to yourself how that is even achieved with these old APU's?? I call it part of the good
silicon lottery.) If you have an A6-series or A4's or whatnot, I might be able to also help with clocks and suggestions...

Also if anybody would like to try and help coding for and helping SRBMiner be the serious go to for cryptonight mining with this low intensity thing and kernel work.. I'd gladly
accept the help and can set up a private git branch that we could work on that through xmrig source, if the Doktor gives an ok on doing, he could throw it into SRB with perhaps
minimal changes and nothing else will have it.  My goal as a mining hobbyist is to make these miners work on pretty much all driver versions (Except the ones like the crimson beta
which doesn't include anything to use far as i can tell...)

Drivers tested with using DDU (Without Format):
  14.4 - Confirmed as working and stable for pre-GCN cards.
  15.7 - Can only confirm that it does not work with A6-series Apu's without driver crash.
  15.11 - Also same as 15.7.
  16.2.1 - Forget about it... for pre-GCN computing.

Perhaps I should just ask Doktor if he in any way, shape, or form would like to collaborate even?  I tend to use bitbucket for it's private git repositories with things such as these.
And by the way, here is something to talk about.. not sure if there is a rant section, but people that totally pack their miners and put in disassembly code that shuts off a miner for
having any debug software going, or show's faked hashrates to ppl who use nofee or cheats as they worded it, or are those numbers not just higher in the code.. SRB i'm 99.9999% sure
there isn't any of that since we're all getting just about the same hashes on all the open sourced ones, but this seems a good bit more optimized already with more share turn in's
compared to hashes, perhaps Dok already found those memory speedups Smiley Okay, enough of my novella.. Thanks.
deathlire

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:51:33 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2018, 03:07:19 AM by deathlire

I'm having issues using certain GPU's.  no matter what I change, when I start the miner it starts all mu GPU's instead of the ones I choose.  its like the gpu conf section is not overruling everything else like the readme file says it should?? I'm pretty new at this so I'm sure its something I'm prolly doing but I could use some help!! otherwise I love the new miner!!  thanks

Do you have yours set up like this.. for example let's say I have 4 cards and i only want the last 2 of them to run for some reason..it would look a little like this..

Code:
//{ "id" : 0, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2}, // First GPU.
//{ "id" : 1, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2}, // Second.
{ "id" : 2, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},   // Third.
{ "id" : 3, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},   // Fourth.

the "id" is what you are looking for.. numbers start with 0 being first card.. Have you tried running it with -listdevices in your start.bat batch file?

OH also forgot, did you take out the leading /* gpu_stuff here, yada, yada. and then there is another closing comment as thus */ which will also stop it from being used.
doktor83 (OP)

Activity: 2520
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 05:13:41 AM

Nothing really can help that without the kernels that are executed. This also happens on any other gpu miner as well right?

For everyone:

The kernel or "payload/work" is sent to the video card and is kind of like a singular pipe, okay that analogy sucked, but imagine
with all the "CU" Compute Units available.. the work from these kernels are sort of like threads on a miniature scale and they all
work according to the OpenCL standard (Hopefully) But it's like a faucet.. turn it on or off.. also you may need to turn down intensity
even more until you have a freeze free desktop which costs all the extra hashing power you would have had.  Remember on SRBMiner you can

up one big time job to do work into much smaller timed jobs and if done right, it really shouldn't have any negative impact on hashing speed,
or at least any notable impacts on it so that could be maybe be a modulation of 100ms or 1/10th a second per command queue or even smoother
by doing it roughly ~16.67ms for 1/60th a second, but I'm getting a bit to technical trying to explain it.. Anywho, a good way to perhaps implement
this would be to take an argument for say --desktop_mode <time in milliseconds> ex. --desktop_mode 25 and plug that in which would do 40 pulses_per_second.

I'm not the most intelligible on OpenCL and gpu kernel work, but to the best of my knowledge this is the only way that claymore/phoenix miners are doing this,
please correct me if I'm wrong (Which I probably am on a few things Tongue ).  Since I have no source code to these miners, I've been doing a bit of work on XMRig-amd
and testing my findings out on that.. So far I haven't got into splitting up kernel execution times, but i did turn an almost static 32H/s into 35H/s by redoing a bit
of the way the kernel maps memory.. Not sure how big of an improvement it would be on a real card, but it probably would give a good bit more hashes on other cards..
I'm only able to test with an amd radeon HD6530D APU setup and the maximum i've ever got it to do was 42H/s at a slight bit of OC on claymore and around 50H/s if i jacked
timing up to almost 700Mhz from stock 444Mhz for this cards core..(Probably wondering to yourself how that is even achieved with these old APU's?? I call it part of the good
silicon lottery.) If you have an A6-series or A4's or whatnot, I might be able to also help with clocks and suggestions...

Also if anybody would like to try and help coding for and helping SRBMiner be the serious go to for cryptonight mining with this low intensity thing and kernel work.. I'd gladly
accept the help and can set up a private git branch that we could work on that through xmrig source, if the Doktor gives an ok on doing, he could throw it into SRB with perhaps
minimal changes and nothing else will have it.  My goal as a mining hobbyist is to make these miners work on pretty much all driver versions (Except the ones like the crimson beta

15.7 - Can only confirm that it does not work with A6-series Apu's without driver crash.

Perhaps I should just ask Doktor if he in any way, shape, or form would like to collaborate even?  I tend to use bitbucket for it's private git repositories with things such as these.
And by the way, here is something to talk about.. not sure if there is a rant section, but people that totally pack their miners and put in disassembly code that shuts off a miner for
having any debug software going, or show's faked hashrates to ppl who use nofee or cheats as they worded it, or are those numbers not just higher in the code.. SRB i'm 99.9999% sure
there isn't any of that since we're all getting just about the same hashes on all the open sourced ones, but this seems a good bit more optimized already with more share turn in's
compared to hashes, perhaps Dok already found those memory speedups Smiley Okay, enough of my novella.. Thanks.

wow , long post Smiley
To tell you the truth, at the moment i have more important things to improve on the miner. Yes, surely lagging is a problem, but since mining is 98% happening on rigs, where you don't need a responsive ui, it really isn't a problem Smiley

If you come up with something , surely i can integrate it, so that 2% of users can get a responsive desktop, with minimal hash drop Smiley

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
deathlire

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:56:41 AM

For everyone:

wow , long post Smiley
To tell you the truth, at the moment i have more important things to improve on the miner. Yes, surely lagging is a problem, but since mining is 98% happening on rigs, where you don't need a responsive ui, it really isn't a problem Smiley

If you come up with something , surely i can integrate it, so that 2% of users can get a responsive desktop, with minimal hash drop Smiley

Well that 2% may be more than you think, since that is probably all real people most likely just trying out mining or doing it as a hobby and when electric may not be an issue, or many others. Smiley
It can also improve on speed for killing outdated shares and work.. pretty much instantly start working on a new task. But yeah tons of people on dedicated mining rigs.. I'll get there eventually.. right now I just want to get the most out of what i can.. since i've known it's limits.. can translate well into newer optimized code too.

Also on that other parts of a miner.. Those are a hassle, but end result is always good, was thinking of a CLI that did a refresh and a moving graph of all gpu's kind of like an equalizer and show hashes accepted, round trip time.. averages, highest number of share_per_card .. but that's another fun story for some beautiful client miners that have never been done before, far as I've seen yet anyways.. most is just what's the hash? is it still running..how many shares.. it should be "what's my temp? and what's my wattage/heat ratio to kWatt" and preserving these new cards that do need to be resold someday.. Smiley
mk111

Activity: 230

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:58:05 AM

New results
Cryptonight v7 hashrate of 2020 H/s vs 1960-1965 on xmr-stak (Adrenalin 18.3.4 drivers)

https://imgur.com/a/G9ZxD6Q

Vega 56 1475/1100 Mhz @ 881mV (bios mod to V64)

So far SRB miner has been rocking all Cryptonight algos for me on both Polaris and Vega.

Great job doktor83

Wow that is impressive!
Mind sharing your SRBMiner config? Intensity and double threads?

Thanks

{ "id" : 0, "intensity" : 112, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2},

Thanks!
deathlire

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:24:33 AM

If you didn't build the whole thing your own that is, check out a line that has i believe a "224u" line in it assigning a value to memHash..which is padding for a 256 byte chunk..so it should be something that takes it out at way before 255 and bam, well just comment it off and add + 1;  How stable is it? i've only ran it an hour... but if it can do ~2-5 hashes for me.. imaging what it may do for multiple not using the basis of bits..

Code:
const size_t perThread = hashMemSize + 1u; // +224u; // Seems to be a speed improvement over padding and probably half unstable / more shares.

try a good test on a more speedy video card with that..doing before fix and after fix results and of course will it stay running for an hour or 300?
it's in auto config... source.
doktor83 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 06:39:52 AM

If you didn't build the whole thing your own that is, check out a line that has i believe a "224u" line in it assigning a value to memHash..which is padding for a 256 byte chunk..so it should be something that takes it out at way before 255 and bam, well just comment it off and add + 1;  How stable is it? i've only ran it an hour... but if it can do ~2-5 hashes for me.. imaging what it may do for multiple not using the basis of bits..

Code:
const size_t perThread = hashMemSize + 1u; // +224u; // Seems to be a speed improvement over padding and probably half unstable / more shares.

try a good test on a more speedy video card with that..doing before fix and after fix results and of course will it stay running for an hour or 300?

are you referring to xmrig ?

deathlire

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:57:20 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2018, 07:21:22 AM by deathlire

Code:

Yeah, sorry I didn't specify, it's pretty late here.. That is my own code adjustment and if it's not added as + 1.. it would fit in a 32 byte address..(Theoretically) so nothing would be wasted.. should be an 8 times increase.. at least in memory speed.. if it fits without +1 ..and if there is some need to have 256 byte for a video's memory.. I'll understand, but would like to wonder why. and if so.. instead padding memory like the ones before have done.. actually times the hash by 7 or 8 beforehand filling up 256 registers almost and then padding if necessary... many ways to come to something fun and workable i suppose.

But if you made your own, and isn't forked or anything from them.. is that how you have it somewhat? maybe 32 or 64?
doktor83 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 07:26:11 AM

Code:

Yeah, sorry I didn't specify, it's pretty late here.. and if it's not added as + 1.. it would fit in a 32 byte address.. so nothing would be wasted.. should be an 8 times increase.. at least in memory speed.. if it fits without +1 ..and if there is some need to have 256 byte for a video's memory.. I'll understand, but would like to wonder why.

But if you made your own, and isn't forked or anything from them.. is that how you have it somewhat? maybe 32 or 64?

that is not aligning, that is meta data size added. You probably got better results because you use more free mem by adding 1 than 224 Cheesy
unsigned int size can be max 0xffffffff, so lets take for ex. normal cn mem, its 2mb (0x200000 or 2097152 in decimal), so by adding 224 you get 2097376 and that is far away from unsigned int max Smiley
oh and you are talking probably about bits (32 bit, 256bit etc), not bytes.

i tried +1, and nothing changes on rx580 8g, get the same hashrate Smiley

of course i may be wrong  Grin

btcshiner

Activity: 478
Merit: 125

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:36:58 AM

Trying this miner for the first time.  It doesn't like my config.  What am I doing wrong?  It tells me I have a parse error

"cryptonight_type" : "normalv7",

"intensity" : 0,

"double_threads" : true,

"target_temperature" : 0,

"gpu_conf" :
[
   { "id" : 0, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 1},
   { "id" : 1, "intensity" : 20, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2},
}
deathlire

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:45:23 AM

Code:

Yeah, sorry I didn't specify, it's pretty late here.. and if it's not added as + 1.. it would fit in a 32 byte address.. so nothing would be wasted.. should be an 8 times increase.. at least in memory speed.. if it fits without +1 ..and if there is some need to have 256 byte for a video's memory.. I'll understand, but would like to wonder why.

that is not aligning, that is meta data size added. You probably got better results because you use more free mem by adding 1 than 224 Cheesy
unsigned int size can be max 0xffffffff, so lets take for ex. normal cn mem, its 2mb (0x200000 or 2097152 in decimal), so by adding 224 you get 2097376 and that is far away from unsigned int max Smiley
oh and you are talking probably about bits (32 bit, 256bit etc), not bytes.

i tried +1, and nothing changes on rx580 8g, get the same hashrate Smiley

of course i may be wrong  Grin

It is bits in machine code, but not by memory chunks grabbed.. but any whose.. i did not know it took exactly 2MB for CN.. I've only noticed it in readme files for that's how much a thread takes to add on to memory.. I'm not really talking about how big it can go.. it should be how small can it go and how quickly can it get generated/solved across the whole board, I'm pretty honest here, I do not know that much about the actual algorithm or anything, but turning things into more workable chunks to whatever size can diminish time for things to complete depending on it's assignment..which isn't in just one place in the code.. but after changing that did you get any errors from results? and or notice any raise in memory availability? and yeah even far from normal int.. guess I'm just used to asm and C. and using lowest forms of memory possible for any code improvement.. i always use int8_t or uint_16t from the stdint.h header and C is very unforgiving with memory, but kind of rewarding as well.
deathlire

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:53:32 AM

Trying this miner for the first time.  It doesn't like my config.  What am I doing wrong?  It tells me I have a parse error

"gpu_conf" :
[
   { "id" : 1, "intensity" : 20, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2}, <<-- shouldn't have a comma.
}
] <-- probably a brace here

look in quote Smiley
btcshiner

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:11:10 AM

Trying this miner for the first time.  It doesn't like my config.  What am I doing wrong?  It tells me I have a parse error

"gpu_conf" :
[
   { "id" : 1, "intensity" : 20, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2}, <<-- shouldn't have a comma. took this out
}

look in quote Smiley

I added a bracket same result.

I also tried one like this  I'm on 1.4.6

{
"cryptonight_type" : normal7,
"pool_use_tls" : false,
"pool" : "xmr-us-east1.nanopool.org:14433",
"wallet" : 4"4zEcts1D3JBxqiPBa2qkZZFQToQXGo58ZhwH1G2vgun8zYSieibhzGLLUgXTe9wu2d3GaUyaPXQ1f2e 6raxmoT83kpKDkc",
"password" : "x",
"location" : "europe",
"log_file" : "",
}
]

btcshiner

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:16:43 AM

GOT IT THANK YOU!

{

"gpu_conf" :
[

{ "id" : 1, "intensity" : 20, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2}

]
}
btcshiner

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:18:48 AM

now I am getting a socket was closed while receiving data error.
UnclWish

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:19:58 AM

Trying this miner for the first time.  It doesn't like my config.  What am I doing wrong?  It tells me I have a parse error

"gpu_conf" :
[
   { "id" : 1, "intensity" : 20, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2}, <<-- shouldn't have a comma. took this out
}

look in quote Smiley

I added a bracket same result.

I also tried one like this  I'm on 1.4.6

{
"wallet" : 4"4zEcts1D3JBxqiPBa2qkZZFQToQXGo58ZhwH1G2vgun8zYSieibhzGLLUgXTe9wu2d3GaUyaPXQ1f2e 6raxmoT83kpKDkc",
}
]

Thats right examples from yours:
Code:
{

"gpu_conf" :
[
{ "id" : 1, "intensity" : 20, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2}
]
}

2nd example:
Code:
{
"wallet" : 4"4zEcts1D3JBxqiPBa2qkZZFQToQXGo58ZhwH1G2vgun8zYSieibhzGLLUgXTe9wu2d3GaUyaPXQ1f2e6raxmoT83kpKDkc",
}
btcshiner

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:28:44 AM

Had to change it off the ssl server
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 363 »
  Print  

Jump to: