Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:37:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 363 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching  (Read 237202 times)
rodyw

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:46:04 PM

Anyone else having major issues with the new Windows 10 1803 Update? My RX580's Rig has turned into a complete mess. It even tried updating the 18.3.4 Radeon drivers to 18.4.1, but it still is a mess.

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:56:42 PM

Anyone else having major issues with the new Windows 10 1803 Update? My RX580's Rig has turned into a complete mess. It even tried updating the 18.3.4 Radeon drivers to 18.4.1, but it still is a mess.
what trouble are you having? i can't get a stable rig on this at all. tried different miners and all give different problems
rodyw

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:00:12 PM

what trouble are you having? i can't get a stable rig on this at all. tried different miners and all give different problems
- My system is extremly slow.
- It takes forever to open AMD Radeon settings.
- My Sapphire blue lights on the cards are out.
- When running SRBMiner I get all these 'Error CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE when calling clEnqueueNDRangeKernel for kernel 0 for DeviceID 0 (Thread 0)' which I never had before.

jazzonya

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:05:01 PM

- When running SRBMiner I get all these 'Error CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE when calling clEnqueueNDRangeKernel for kernel 0 for DeviceID 0 (Thread 0)' which I never had before.

Not enough virtual memory? Fixed that error for me.
rodyw

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:10:21 PM

Well, It is set to 20000 and it was working before and it doesn't explain all the issues I am experiencing. i just found out after waitng forever that one of my RX580's doesn't show the 'Graphics/Compute mode' option in the Radeon Settings. So another issue added to the list.

micax1

Activity: 708
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:12:41 PM

V1.5.0
- Added option to reset (disable/enable) AMD gpu devices with devcon before mining (admin rights needed, miner will ask)
- Now you can disable/enable up to 19 GPU's by pressing 0 - 9 (gpu0 - gpu9) and shift+0 - shift+9 (gpu10 - gpu19) on the keyboard
- Cryptonight Alloy new algo added (active from block 44.000)
- Added periodical GPU hashrate in log file
- No more nan displayed in hashrate view  Smiley

To explain a little bit :

GPU resetting is done with devcon.exe, the same that is used for resetting Vega GPU's with some scripts. It finds all AMD GPU's in the system and disable/enables them before mining starts.
I know there will be some issues with this, like if you do it with a remote connection, it may freeze or drop. But this is something that is not miner related.
You need to give administrative privileges to SRBMiner if you don't want the permission dialog box pop up everytime when starting/restarting the miner. Also if a new empty window gets open, you can close it Smiley

Added possibility to disable/enable GPU's while mining. To maximize efficiency, when a device is disabled it won't get disabled right at that moment, it will first finish the round it is working on, and then it will stop working.
This is good for you because if some shares are found, they will be sent to the pool, and only after that the device will get disabled. This can sometimes take even 15-30 sec.
For GPU id's from 0-9 just press the corresponding key, for 10, 11, 12 ..etc use SHIFT+NUMBER, so if you want to disable GPU13, press SHIFT+3 on the keyboard.

Cryptonight Alloy added, use "cryptonight_type" : "alloy". Altough there is no test pool, so i could not try it first, just did everything by the informations the coin dev gave my. So at block 44.000 we will see is it working Smiley

looks good, great job.
any plans on fixing ADL?
rodyw

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:31:17 PM

Well, It is set to 20000 and it was working before and it doesn't explain all the issues I am experiencing. i just found out after waitng forever that one of my RX580's doesn't show the 'Graphics/Compute mode' option in the Radeon Settings. So another issue added to the list.
To update my own post... I reverted my Windows back to the previous version and everything is good again. There is definively an issue with Windows 10 build 1803 in combination with AMD, at least with my RX580 cards.

Shnikes101

Activity: 254
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:39:44 PM

To update my own post... I reverted my Windows back to the previous version and everything is good again. There is definively an issue with Windows 10 build 1803 in combination with AMD, at least with my RX580 cards.

Interesting. I was planning on doing a full tear down of one of my rigs due to this error. Had VM set at 120,000. Windows updates should be turned off though. Guess I need to double check that and wipe down to 1709
rodyw

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:48:41 PM

Interesting. I was planning on doing a full tear down of one of my rigs due to this error. Had VM set at 120,000. Windows updates should be turned off though. Guess I need to double check that and wipe down to 1709
At first I thought it had to do something with VM settings after the update, but I got suspicious when I noticed that the physical Sapphire blue lights didn't turn on as well so it had to be AMD related.

Shnikes101

Activity: 254
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:59:24 PM

At first I thought it had to do something with VM settings after the update, but I got suspicious when I noticed that the physical Sapphire blue lights didn't turn on as well so it had to be AMD related.
Well I have full lights/all hardware works and is recognized. I constantly hang after 10 minutes to a few hours. If the log file catches anything it is the error you mentioned. I have similar issues now across multiple miners on that one rig. I started replacing risers last night. Fresh windows was my next step and I think you've convinced me.

It's funny because only one rig is giving me this trouble. All the others are humming along just fine. That's what made me think my issues are hardware/risers/etc. But maybe a fresh windows install will help. Really interested to see if I forgot to turn off windows updates.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:34:03 PM

However, my mining hashrates for my Vega56s are hovering around 1750-1800 compared to 1800-1850 when i was using CastXMR. I already have intensity set to 100 and dual thread turned on. Any tips on how to increase hashrate further?
I have my Vegas (56 flashed to 64) at 112 intensity.
Dual threads and worksize 16.
Clocked at 1428/1135 they hash at 2000h/s.

@Citronick: Doktor83 is working on the API if I'm not mistaken, I think he confirmed it a few pages back.

That's great news.

Whats your wattage like?
1250W at the wall, 6x Vega56@64, Onda D1800
madmossy

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:40:49 PM

Any chance full API support will be added any time soon, for complete command line control for multi algo switching.
UnclWish

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:07:39 PM

Check crossfire mode on one of cards. If it will be on, then choosing workload mode disabled.
livada

Activity: 417

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 05:40:23 PM

1250W at the wall, 6x Vega56@64, Onda D1800

That is too much. my 3*vega56 flashed to 64 = 530-570W at the wall .
v7= 6000hr 555-560W
UnclWish

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:54:30 PM

doctor, when miner not found shares yet from start, after pressing "s" key miner writes:
"Boy, no shares found yet."
Of course it's plesure to hear that I'm a boy... I don't hear something like this long time allready...

Does it means, that SRB miner designed specially for man? Wiil be SRB miner for girls? )))))))
UnclWish

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:41:26 PM

doctor. sometimes miner gives error:
"Invalid nonce; is miner not compatible with nicehash?"
Any suggestions?
sayyiditow

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:47:08 PM

Can you add a manual miner restart for those who don't want to use the watchdog? For example, press 'r' to manually restart miner. Very important when one gpu crashes in a rig and we dont wanna use the watchdog bec it makes the rig hang.
Pennywis3

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:32:42 PM

Can you add a manual miner restart for those who don't want to use the watchdog? For example, press 'r' to manually restart miner. Very important when one gpu crashes in a rig and we dont wanna use the watchdog bec it makes the rig hang.

I've had these problems from the start, hangs when it wants to restart, even with a custom shutdown script, the rig doesn't reboot it just hangs.
I've tried killing the process, resetting the cards before restart but nothing helps.
I have watchdogs that will power off/on the rig when this happens, but that's not good for the components health.

This is the only reason I've stopped using this miner.
I hope you can fix this Doktor  Wink
sayyiditow

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:55:06 AM

I've had these problems from the start, hangs when it wants to restart, even with a custom shutdown script, the rig doesn't reboot it just hangs.
I've tried killing the process, resetting the cards before restart but nothing helps.
I have watchdogs that will power off/on the rig when this happens, but that's not good for the components health.

This is the only reason I've stopped using this miner.
I hope you can fix this Doktor  Wink

Oh shoot, all this time I thought I was alone, I swear same issue. But it could be that I am having a 10gpu vega rig? I have turned off watchdog and ADL which looks like its helping but can't be certain yet, it has been just about 4 hours without issues.
CryptoPlay

Activity: 202
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:00:21 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2018, 05:13:18 AM by CryptoPlay

Oh shoot, all this time I thought I was alone, I swear same issue. But it could be that I am having a 10gpu vega rig? I have turned off watchdog and ADL which looks like its helping but can't be certain yet, it has been just about 4 hours without issues.

So, you are the first human being on planet earth to report a working 10 Vega rig. Can you share your full settings and hardware please?

Doc, im about to test the new version 1.5.0 in my Vega 6 Saphire 64 rig. My only concern is that enable/disable is only half of the job since when the driver hangs, the card lost its OverdriveNTool profile AND softpowertables.
This could be problematic cuz most Vega cards are working underclocked adn undervolted. And disable/enable only recover the softpowertable(registry mod) part making the card work at the default frequency that is 130hz  and 300mv above mining profile.
So, this card will tend to fail since will be regulated in SRB(Temp and RPM) to the previous mining configuration.

So...
The very same script, that is not a random script from the internet but the one made by Jericho Jones(JJ, please add credit), used to incorporate the function to your miner, has the ability to apply OverdriveNTool profiles. It must be made by the config.txt file since the user must edit the lines accordingly with his needs.
This could be a bypass solution to Vegas only. It`s easy since all Vega users already know how to do this and instructions can be found in vegaminingguides. And its only one line to be added to the procedure, takes 2 seconds, with the only requirement that OT and OT.ini must be in same folder...

wish me luck
Cya and thanks

https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-2065.png
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 363 »
  Print  

Jump to: