Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:08:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 363 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching  (Read 237202 times)
UnclWish

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:52:44 PM

But I think that doctor must update miner to support latest AMD drivers without issues.

Serious miners don't always update their drivers when a new one comes out, they use ones that are proven to be good and stable.
A driver that isn't capable of recognising its own GPU is a trash, and shouldn't be used at all. Altough no one else except you reported this issue, so i guess it's something on your side.

I really can't check out every new driver and re-work miner every time when a new driver comes out.
You should stick to a driver that is working stable and good for you.

I know it all. But I was forced to change drivers because of Windows 1803 update. Only on 18.4.1 driver was added WDDM 2.4 support, but it was too buggy. I used sometime 18.3.4 on 1803, but sometimes I encountered bugs on Windows start and work. When 18.5.1 driver was released I installed him and it work in all miners. But on some of them it's wrong GPU detection. All other mining functions work.

And you as serious developer of miner with devfee! must update your miner to modern conditions in wich miners are placed. Creating .srb files on each start - it's the problem, isn't it?
Unstable speed of mining is second problem as I know. Many of users of your miner finds different methods to force miner to mine with max speed. Anyone used GPU-Z launching during mining, others just relaunch miner many times, untill miner gives max speed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UnclWish

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:54:23 PM

I notice on 1.5.8 often appears duplicate shares on nicehash heavy algo. If it's some way to reduce amount of duplicate shares or fix that?

Are you sure those are duplicate shares? There is a mechanism that does not allow sending of the same result twice.
Also for nicehash there is a protection for stale shares, cause nicehash does not like them.

Your miner show that it was finded rejected duplicate share. And on statistic report on "s" key it start to show:

Errors:
Duplicate share.: 1
livada

Activity: 417
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 05:26:29 PM

before u have 1 file : 687f.   without extension and this is it. now you co,mpile  every time when start .before you compile only 1 time for 1 algo.

That's because on earlier versions there was a bug preventing creation of cached files for VEGA gpu's, so they were compiled every time, but 1 empty file was created Smiley
Those numbers all have a meaning, like worksize, num of CU's etc etc, thats how the miner knows which kernel to use.

Im just curious does it really every time , even if you did not change ANYTHING in config file like algo, or anything in gpu_conf, create a new file ?

Every time. i not chg any. i go on loki back to hevy and go on new RYO. i try triton and  go on saronite and back again to heavy,
now i have 60 more file and 160mb lose space on disc. this is not good. version 1.5.1 work fine. -
https://image.prntscr.com/image/1ARAkS-vSbGo-vLw3inWHw.jpg

and first compile is to long. and start again miner  again i must wait so long for compile.

1.5.1 - first start wait long time. but  second miner  start in 2 sec.

Miner ti jednostavno ne prepoznaje fileke koje sam proizvodi. i stalno iznova mora napravit compajliranje koje traje li traje. iritira. i mislim d ase vracam na staru verziju jer ja mjenjam koinove po dificultu a to je barem 20 puta dnevno i taj veci HR mi ne znaci tolko kolko mi znaci da miner krene odma a ne nakon minute. barem stavi da se fileki brisu kad izadjem iz minera da ne mora mjos i t orucno radit dok ne nadjes gdje je greska prepoznavanja...sto se veceg HR tice. Moram barem 3-4 put apokrenut minera da krene s tim vecim HR-om. znaci nista ne diram samo palim i gasim minera. i to stvara fileke...
doktor83 (OP)

Activity: 2520
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 05:28:02 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2018, 05:43:37 PM by doktor83

But I think that doctor must update miner to support latest AMD drivers without issues.

Serious miners don't always update their drivers when a new one comes out, they use ones that are proven to be good and stable.
A driver that isn't capable of recognising its own GPU is a trash, and shouldn't be used at all. Altough no one else except you reported this issue, so i guess it's something on your side.

I really can't check out every new driver and re-work miner every time when a new driver comes out.
You should stick to a driver that is working stable and good for you.

I know it all. But I was forced to change drivers because of Windows 1803 update. Only on 18.4.1 driver was added WDDM 2.4 support, but it was too buggy. I used sometime 18.3.4 on 1803, but sometimes I encountered bugs on Windows start and work. When 18.5.1 driver was released I installed him and it work in all miners. But on some of them it's wrong GPU detection. All other mining functions work.

And you as serious developer of miner with devfee! must update your miner to modern conditions in wich miners are placed. Creating .srb files on each start - it's the problem, isn't it?
Unstable speed of mining is second problem as I know. Many of users of your miner finds different methods to force miner to mine with max speed. Anyone used GPU-Z launching during mining, others just relaunch miner many times, untill miner gives max speed.

Im doing the best i can.
There will always be users who have some kind of problems with the software, there will always be bugs..etc
Just go into the allmighty claymore threads, every third post is some problem reporting.

There are hundreds of SRBMiner users without any problems, where the miner works flawlessly. Smiley

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
UnclWish

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:45:32 PM

There are hundreds of SRBMiner users without any problems, where the miner works flawlessly. Smiley
Or they just didn't write about them... Many added deleting of .srb files into start.bat...
Please, don't get mad on me... I just think that all next AMD drivers will be with the same features as 18.4.1, 18.5.1 and 18.5.2.

What about duplicate shares?
henri2018

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:47:26 PM

Hi Dok,

Is it possible to add feature when miner get diff from pool more than 1,000,000 or any other diff that we specify it will reconnect to pool again?
Because nicehash will always increase diff until miner take time to solve that. After that because miner take time to submit share nicehash server will disconnected. So instead after sometimes miner reconnect I think better after miner get diff above diff we specify in miner it will auto reconnect.

Thanks.

can you please added this feature in the next release? really need it for nicehash and fairpool also because sometimes pool send job that have diff more than miner can handle.

you are probably the only person on this earth who needs this, but ok i will add it Smiley

Hi Dok, actually I need that too  Wink. Got same issue when connecting to either fairpool or nicehash, sometimes got very high diff until 8 million, and the miner just seemed idle.
And this is very easy to reproduce the issue since it is only happened to my high hashrate rigs (6 vega56).

But when tried using castxmr, the problem was gone.
doktor83 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 06:14:34 PM

Or they just didn't write about them... Many added deleting of .srb files into start.bat...
Please, don't get mad on me... I just think that all next AMD drivers will be with the same features as 18.4.1, 18.5.1 and 18.5.2.

ok, you know everything, no need for me to write anymore Smiley
You are always just demanding, and so negative. Don't be like that.

doktor83 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 06:19:40 PM

Hi Dok, actually I need that too  Wink. Got same issue when connecting to either fairpool or nicehash, sometimes got very high diff until 8 million, and the miner just seemed idle.
And this is very easy to reproduce the issue since it is only happened to my high hashrate rigs (6 vega56).
But when tried using castxmr, the problem was gone.

Maybe cast makes a reconnect behind the scenes Smiley
Also there is a parameter that could be useful for you until i implement this max diff thing.
Its 'job_timeout' parameter, you use it in pools config and set it in seconds.

When no job is received for 'job_timeout' seconds, miner reconnects to the pool.

UnclWish

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:30:37 PM

ok, you know everything, no need for me to write anymore Smiley
You are always just demanding, and so negative. Don't be like that.
I'll try to be less negative)))). But my demands are fair for the most part.
doktor83 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 07:54:37 PM

before u have 1 file : 687f.   without extension and this is it. now you co,mpile  every time when start .before you compile only 1 time for 1 algo.

That's because on earlier versions there was a bug preventing creation of cached files for VEGA gpu's, so they were compiled every time, but 1 empty file was created Smiley
Those numbers all have a meaning, like worksize, num of CU's etc etc, thats how the miner knows which kernel to use.

Im just curious does it really every time , even if you did not change ANYTHING in config file like algo, or anything in gpu_conf, create a new file ?

Every time. i not chg any. i go on loki back to hevy and go on new RYO. i try triton and  go on saronite and back again to heavy,
now i have 60 more file and 160mb lose space on disc. this is not good. version 1.5.1 work fine. -

and first compile is to long. and start again miner  again i must wait so long for compile.

Miner ti jednostavno ne prepoznaje fileke koje sam proizvodi. i stalno iznova mora napravit compajliranje koje traje li traje. iritira. i mislim d ase vracam na staru verziju jer ja mjenjam koinove po dificultu a to je barem 20 puta dnevno i taj veci HR mi ne znaci tolko kolko mi znaci da miner krene odma a ne nakon minute. barem stavi da se fileki brisu kad izadjem iz minera da ne mora mjos i t orucno radit dok ne nadjes gdje je greska prepoznavanja...sto se veceg HR tice. Moram barem 3-4 put apokrenut minera da krene s tim vecim HR-om. znaci nista ne diram samo palim i gasim minera. i to stvara fileke...

da li kartice podesavas kroz gpu_conf parametar? Ako da, da li bi mogao da probas da obrises sve .srb fajlove, i iskomentarises gpu_conf, stavi samo gore intensity 0, pa nek kreira tako fajl, i probaj pokreni majner ovako par puta, da li ce i ovako svaki put da kreira novi .srb ? znaci bez gpu_conf, tj. rucnog podesavanja.

edit:

i probably found the cause of cached files recreation, if someone could just test this for me:

comment gpu_conf and just leave intensity 0 on top of config, so miner sets everything. Before this delete all .srb files.
Miner should now create a new .srb file. Stop miner and start it again. If im not mistaken , it wont create a new .srb file, but instead use the cached version.

UnclWish

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:16:37 PM

da li kartice podesavas kroz gpu_conf parametar? Ako da, da li bi mogao da probas da obrises sve .srb fajlove, i iskomentarises gpu_conf, stavi samo gore intensity 0, pa nek kreira tako fajl, i probaj pokreni majner ovako par puta, da li ce i ovako svaki put da kreira novi .srb ? znaci bez gpu_conf, tj. rucnog podesavanja.

edit:

i probably found the cause of cached files recreation, if someone could just test this for me:

comment gpu_conf and just leave intensity 0 on top of config, so miner sets everything. Before this delete all .srb files.
Miner should now create a new .srb file. Stop miner and start it again. If im not mistaken , it wont create a new .srb file, but instead use the cached version.
Yes, you're right. Until gpu_conf commented, srb file didn't creates... Only 1st time. But if after that set gpu_conf again, srb files start to recreates again...
livada

Activity: 417

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 08:17:39 PM

edit:

to je to:

pokrecem ga s ovim :
"cryptonight_type" : "heavy",
"double_threads" : true,
"gpu_conf" :
[
{ "id" : 0, "intensity" : 56, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
{ "id" : 1, "intensity" : 56, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
{ "id" : 2, "intensity" : 56, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
{ "id" : 3, "intensity" : 56, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
{ "id" : 4, "intensity" : 56, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
{ "id" : 5, "intensity" : 56, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
]
}
i onda stoji 15 sekundi na prvoj kartici pri svakom pokretanju i pravi svaki put novi file

evo sad sam ga pokrenuo bez gpu config znaci samo sa :

"cryptonight_type" : "heavy",
"intensity" : 56,
"double_threads" : true,

i stoji 15 sekundi pri prvom pokretanju kad radi srb file al poslje ne radi novi
https://image.prntscr.com/image/ELRgqHt0SZ6PS3yQe3Jr1w.jpg
 al pri drugom startu krece odma compilacija bez cekanja 15 sekundi i ne radi novi srb file
https://image.prntscr.com/image/VcAekOXMRR6AT3dUx9B78Q.jpg

posto sam izbacio kontrolu temperature  iz minera meni je ovo zadovoljavajuce rijesenje jer  kartice  kontroliram iz overdivea i tamo smanjujem frekvencije a ne preko intenzititeta.

doktor83 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 08:20:40 PM

Next version fixes .srb file creation on every miner run  Cool Cool

UnclWish

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:42:49 PM

Next version fixes .srb file creation on every miner run  Cool Cool
Thanks, waiting... Does any thoughts about why all my cards shows as 3rd card name except corenames?
doktor83 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 08:46:13 PM

Thanks, waiting... Does any thoughts about why all my cards shows as 3rd card name except corenames?

is this happening in cast and xmr stak also?
everything working ok, except that gpu model is displayed incorrectly?

UnclWish

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:57:08 PM

Cast XMR use only core names. GGS detects cards with the same bug. XMR-stak didn't used.
Everything works ok, exept gpu model is displayed incorrectly and srb files creates with that wrong name.
doktor83 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 09:00:52 PM

Cast XMR use only core names. GGS detects cards with the same bug. XMR-stak didn't used.
Everything works ok, exept gpu model is displayed incorrectly and srb files creates with that wrong name.

it means we are all using the same opencl call to get gpu name, and that the driver returns it incorrectly.
I am sure this will be fixed in newer driver versions.

UnclWish

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:04:05 PM

it means we are all using the same opencl call to get gpu name, and that the driver returns it incorrectly.
I am sure this will be fixed in newer driver versions.
Allready 3 drivers (18.4.1, 18.5.1 and 18.5.2) with that bug. I'm losing hope to fix it by AMD...
lebuawu2

Activity: 176
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:20:18 PM

Hi Dok,

Is it possible to add feature when miner get diff from pool more than 1,000,000 or any other diff that we specify it will reconnect to pool again?
Because nicehash will always increase diff until miner take time to solve that. After that because miner take time to submit share nicehash server will disconnected. So instead after sometimes miner reconnect I think better after miner get diff above diff we specify in miner it will auto reconnect.

Thanks.

can you please added this feature in the next release? really need it for nicehash and fairpool also because sometimes pool send job that have diff more than miner can handle.

you are probably the only person on this earth who needs this, but ok i will add it Smiley

haha maybe, I also curious how other people mining on nicehash, maybe they already have some solution which is I love to hear how or maybe only few people mining on nicehash and they just accept it.
maybe someone know how to set static diff on nicehash for algo cn-v7 and cn-heavy?

Thanks to accommodate this request really appreciate.

one more thing maybe you want to check, last time I tried latest cast xmr 1.1.0 with driver 18.5.1, for rx 580 8GB with intensity 10 it can achieve max hash rate (1068 h/s) after few second without firing GPU-Z. with SRBMiner normally I get around 1025 h/s after firing GPU-Z will get around 1125 h/s (driver 18.3.4 because driver 18.5.1 don't like GPU-Z).
lebuawu2

Activity: 176
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:25:32 PM

I notice on 1.5.8 often appears duplicate shares on nicehash heavy algo. If it's some way to reduce amount of duplicate shares or fix that?

Are you sure those are duplicate shares? There is a mechanism that does not allow sending of the same result twice.
Also for nicehash there is a protection for stale shares, cause nicehash does not like them.

Your miner show that it was finded rejected duplicate share. And on statistic report on "s" key it start to show:

Errors:
Duplicate share.: 1

I also got duplicate shares when mining on nicehash, but only 1 or 2 after 24 hours so I don't really bother about that.
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 363 »
  Print  

Jump to: