Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:35:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoNight miners from more companies in one time?  (Read 196 times)
majlkcze (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:16:56 PM

Hi folks,

I was just thinking about one thing

- Is this even possible for 4+ companies (BM,Baikal,Halong, Pinidea and maybe more) to randomly come with CryptoNight (-light) miners in almost same time?
I smell something fishy there, just call it something like mafia or "Cartel"

Is it only me who is observing too many things pointing that release of new algo miners arent so random?

Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:39:14 PM

You are just being paranoid. What happened was the altcoin market went crazy last year, so the companies started developing hardware for it.

Surprise surprise, it takes like a year to bring something from idea to production.

Sure a few of them might have held off announcements to get a competitive advantage, but its not like they were colluding.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:55:09 PM

Hi folks,

- Is this even possible for 4+ companies (BM,Baikal,Halong, Pinidea and maybe more) to randomly come with CryptoNight (-light) miners in almost same time?

Is it only me who is observing too many things pointing that release of new algo miners arent so random?

Huh

Perhaps you are going to be paranoid about 3 companies bringing out X11 miners in about a 2 month period (Pinidea, IBeLink, Baikal) in 2016 all of which had never been heard of before that?

Coin prices exploded about a year ago, THAT is what is driving development of ASIC - and keep in mind that ASIC development has some rather long lead times.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Atomicc

Activity: 301
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:29:16 PM

All of this ASIC producers, mine for months with their ASICs, and make extra profit with them. When Monero realize that something strange happening with network hashrate and announce the fork, they came out of their holes, and try to make some more extra profit selling those used ASICs with no future. All major CN coins will announce antiASIC fork.
Try to sell them for 12000USD at first, and in 24 hours reduce the price to 3000, and finally on 1900USD!!!
Useless ASIC miners like D3
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:34:36 PM

Try to sell them for 12000USD at first, and in 24 hours reduce the price to 3000, and finally on 1900USD!!!

The pricing is done like that for a reason, the batches are staged to release by date, they know that batch 2 will not be as profitable as batch 3, so they price accordingly. Yet another example of people taking one tiny detail, creating intent around it, then stating it like it is fact.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:46:38 PM

Hi folks,

Huh

They are united, yes "cartel style" hehe, think they are silly? cryptomarket in general is unregulated. So nothing to do about it other than --> "do not buy it".

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1284

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 08:52:19 PM

Check my topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3148466.msg32696529#msg32696529

I don't believe that there are so naive people who think it's just a coincidence

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:27:39 PM

2 companies, a week or two apart - and Bitmain has a track record of keeping "ongoing projects" under wraps 'till they are either ready to sell, or their competition announces something that is a direct threat to one of those projects.

You're also ASSUMING that a company can just "throw together and get shipping" an ASIC in a month or two - which is NONSENSE as design lead times ALONE are longer than that, then add in "validation" sample production and testing, and if you are lucky and your ORIGINAL design validates correctly it's still months before you can get a batch of PRODUCTION chips into the que made and shipped.

It's not "coincidence" - it's "long lead times triggered by the SAME event (massive price jump on CN coins last spring) and some possibility that Bitmain was sandbagging about an "in-process" miner again".

I seriously doubt a Belorussian company would even consider "collusion" with a Chinese company anyway.

Now take off the tinfoil hat and join the real world. 8-P

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: