Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:57:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Token platforms that offer rewards - and then they're out of rewards  (Read 72 times)
dennisch123 (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 03:19:01 PM

It all sounds nice in theory.

At my platform we aim to do the same, reward users for contributing tasks, but when we run out of tokens to reward the plan is to charge clients a small fee, to keep the rewards for the volunteers flowing while cutting off the bonus rewards for both clients, and freelancers. After all they already get what they pay for, or in terms of freelancers they already get paid for their work so a bonus system is not a must.

Because at some point you simply run out of tokens to reward, as there is a max supply (usually).

Unless you take Steem, that mints 100% additional coins each year, not good for the value of the coin. Bitcoin goes up in price because there's a finite amount.

So reward systems are as flawed as it can be, and the flaws are hardly ever addressed.

Do you ever think about that when investing in an ICO, or simply buying certain coins?

Any other thoughts?

I'm asking because I see platforms that are 100% reward based, and some even talk about pensions, a pension based on a coin that keeps on minting, how so unresponsible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: