Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:15:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we send merit to self?  (Read 203 times)
Fazlurkhan.kz (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:58:47 PM

I just observed that I can send merit to my own post but I am afraid that is not right or I'll be punished by getting banned for doing it?
Has anyone ever tried sending merit to themselves? Has that created an issue? Is it okay to do so?
I personally think that AS merit was created to reward meaningful and informative posts sending merit to self would be wrong. I just want to know that has anyone tried doing it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:03:52 PM

This is not possible.
zigfridkr

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:12:21 PM

I just observed that I can send merit to my own post but I am afraid that is not right or I'll be punished by getting banned for doing it?
Has anyone ever tried sending merit to themselves? Has that created an issue? Is it okay to do so?
I personally think that AS merit was created to reward meaningful and informative posts sending merit to self would be wrong. I just want to know that has anyone tried doing it.

Just use your common sense and you will get the answer.

FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:14:40 PM

Don't you think that if you could send merit from your own account to yourself it would defeat the whole purpose of it?
Try it and find out. You cannot do it.
sergeiserj91

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:24:03 PM

No, it is impossible to do, or rather it should not be possible. If this were allowed, a lot of people would only send merit to themselves.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:29:06 PM

I do not see any yet from your merit send/receive list.. I guess you just clicked the +merit link from any of your comment and found that took you to merit sending page. Actually once you finally try sending merit to your own account en error will occur saying something like.... You can not send sMerits to yourself kind of thing.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:05:10 PM

I do not see any yet from your merit send/receive list.. I guess you just clicked the +merit link from any of your comment and found that took you to merit sending page. Actually once you finally try sending merit to your own account en error will occur saying something like.... You can not send sMerits to yourself kind of thing.
That's right. If such option would be possible the most of people would send merit to self to raise to another rank as fast as it is possible and that would be simply merit abusing step, that's why it simply can't be done  Smiley
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:32:32 PM

It is impossible to send smerit for your own post error will occur, used your common sense before implementing this new feature all the possible scenario was tested. Think if you can send merit to your self all mbers would be selfish sending their smerit and i think younknow that merit is for deserving post and not like yours.

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:25:51 PM

You can, in fact, send Merit to yourself.
But you will need a second account for it, and there will be losses on the way.
Also, you'll most likely be punished for it.

You send 8 sMerit to your second account.
Your second account can send 4 sMerit back to you.
You can then send 2 sMerit to your second account.
Your second account can then send 1 sMerit back to you.
All in all, for 8 sMerit you send, you will receive 5 back.

This will probably not be in accordance with the rules and might lead to problems.
I discourage you from doing it and will reward users with negative trust if I see them doing it.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:11:35 PM

The meaning of merit is dead when one gives to his own self. You have cleared drafted above that this is not advised. So just jump out of this topic and start posting quality posts. Dont get stuck with it. We have numerous things to do and achieve. Refer as many guides you want to contribute quality posts which will cover the new joiners to contribute quality posts.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 06:20:33 PM

Yes you can do it - don't listen to all the haters, but there is a special code - like the old cheat codes on video games.

QS is telling you that you cannot do it as you don't have the code, I would recommend that you PM one of the Meritcode givers.. I cant tell you who it is though, you need to work it out youself op..

good luck on the self merit giving masturbation journey

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
AzureDragon

Activity: 244
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:36:34 PM
Merited by Fazlurkhan.kz (1)

The question, of course, is important. This is the first thing I tried when the merit system was introduced.
In fact: when you send merits to anyone - you are sending a HTTPs-request to the server. Server checks the match of your current ID and reciever ID. If they are similar you will receive an error in the server's response.

It's very easy to check if you collect logs via Fiddler or F12/Network (in IE and FireFox).
Kate Beckett

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:28:51 PM

I do not think that's possible. And if it were possible, then what is the point? The essence of the merit is that your posts are appreciated by other people, not by yourself. I think that each of us thinks that he writes good, constructive posts. However, as the merit-system shows, other forum participants hold a slightly different opinion and do not hurry to give merits to the right and left.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: