Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:22:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: suggest to disable changes the email address!!!  (Read 189 times)
wangksn (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:08:44 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 05:33:58 PM by wangksn

I suggest to disable changes the email address!!! so that the account is not easily stolen by hackers, and the trading account will be eliminated. because i found some 3rd market they are trading account.There is no harm without buying or selling.I hope the administrator think about it. thank you

This will be safely everyone’s account. if you agree it.some merit for me Greatly appreciated Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

https://www.binance.com/?ref=19977197

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:30:38 PM

There is no confirmation email upon registration, so you can use whatever address you want. This should be fixed first I think.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:12:34 AM
Merited by djangocoin (1)

I understand this is a really crazy question, however what if someone's email were to change? Or what if someone were to lose access to their email account? Or what if an email account were to become compromised?
floki909

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:19:46 AM

there is no email confirmation so , if you lost you login you could not recover it ?
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:44:10 AM

I suggest to disable changes the email address!!! so that the account is not easily stolen by hackers, and the trading account will be eliminated. because i found some 3rd market they are trading account.There is no harm without buying or selling.I hope the administrator think about it. thank you

This will be safely everyone’s account. if you agree it.some merit for me Greatly appreciated Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
I personally don't agree on this. I have change me e-mail once and if this was implemented before that time, i would be really disappointed. Changing e-mails requires confirmation on old e-mail (from what i remember) or the other way around idk, probably the first one, so you don't have to worry. There are people trying to hack other accounts, for what? i don't really get the point. Maybe destroying other people's work?

Disabling email change is a good idea but it isn't the solution.

PS: Although i don't see it as begging for merits, some members may do and even put you on their ignore list so it means that you won't receive merits from them, ever. To be safe just let the people give you merits if they want to, don't remind them for that, it'll come off as begging.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 05:44:07 AM

Apart from what others stated:

so that the account is not easily stolen by hackers,
AFAIK, most of the hacked accounts are due to the database leak from 2015 (more information), with the exception of few that were victims of phishing websites & emails.

and the trading account will be eliminated.
It won't. They will simply include/sell the email too.

if you agree it.some merit for me Greatly appreciated Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
While we will not be directly moderating this, I encourage people to give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
wangksn (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:35:03 PM

Apart from what others stated:

so that the account is not easily stolen by hackers,
AFAIK, most of the hacked accounts are due to the database leak from 2015 (more information), with the exception of few that were victims of phishing websites & emails.

and the trading account will be eliminated.
It won't. They will simply include/sell the email too.

if you agree it.some merit for me Greatly appreciated Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
While we will not be directly moderating this, I encourage people to give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.
thanks for you remind.

https://www.binance.com/?ref=19977197
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:38:22 PM

There is no confirmation email upon registration, so you can use whatever address you want. This should be fixed first I think.
I don't quite remember when I registered mine a few years ago,
but if this is true, yes I agree it should be fixed first by requiring email confirmation
and I propose these suggestions below, if not yet implemented,
- when changing email address, it should also require confirmation on old email address
- if the current address becomes unavailable, changing it requires manual intervention (checking) by mods or theymos
- for reason of lost access (hacked email), request manual email change by providing signed message with staked btc address

TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:31:11 PM

I don't quite remember when I registered mine a few years ago,
but if this is true, yes I agree it should be fixed first by requiring email confirmation
and I propose these suggestions below, if not yet implemented,
- when changing email address, it should also require confirmation on old email address
- if the current address becomes unavailable, changing it requires manual intervention (checking) by mods or theymos
- for reason of lost access (hacked email), request manual email change by providing signed message with staked btc address

Yeah, I was also surprised to find out this. You can actually register with anyone's email address for example Bil Gates. You only need to remember the password and there you go. If Bill Gates wants to register with his emai, he can't do that. It's a bit like reserving domains to sell them later to whoever needs them.
I don't know what is the reason not to have an confirmation email upon registration.

djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:03:00 PM

I understand this is a really crazy question, however what if someone's email were to change? Or what if someone were to lose access to their email account? Or what if an email account were to become compromised?

Also, what if the email provider such as say gmail no longer exists (unlikely i know lol), but still..

:]
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 11:41:42 PM

Also, what if the email provider such as say gmail no longer exists (unlikely i know lol), but still..
Well, there are many email services which started in early 2000, but eventually they lost positions against gmail, yahoo, hotmail and they was forced to close their services. So, what user would need to do if he can't change email address on bitcointalk?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: