Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:59:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I buy a new gaming PC to also mine?  (Read 191 times)
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:08:19 AM

i have 8 vegas on my gaming pc, with a strong cpu and enough ram u can even play on 1 vega and mine on the other 7 Grin

O wow! That's great. May have to try that out. It may be too noisy if I wanted to stream along with gaming? I'll have to keep researching this stuff Cheesy

how noisy it is depends on how you clock/undervolt & what algo you mine with your gpus, in mining mode my cards run @ 40% fanspeed/60°C on cryptonight what is pretty silent.t he card im using for gaming is alot louder Grin

algos like ethash/lyra/neoscrypt heat up the gpus much more what would need more cooling & will increase noise level. im just talking about vega reference design...other gpus/ custom design with better cooling could be very silent too

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kryptowolf512

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 08:22:36 AM

i have 8 vegas on my gaming pc, with a strong cpu and enough ram u can even play on 1 vega and mine on the other 7 Grin
Open air ? Or do you use a closed gaming pc. Im pretty sure open because of the heat. Im also mining with my gaming pc but closed and with a good airflow. Only 2 GPUs but there is already enough heat to warm up my room Cheesy
treanski

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:36:02 AM

Open air ? Or do you use a closed gaming pc. Im pretty sure open because of the heat. Im also mining with my gaming pc but closed and with a good airflow. Only 2 GPUs but there is already enough heat to warm up my room Cheesy

yeah ofcourse openair, this rig is under my desk so i always have warm feet Grin

Kryptowolf512

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 08:40:16 AM

yeah ofcourse openair, this rig is under my desk so i always have warm feet Grin

The problem is I have a dust allergy and thats why im using a closed righ with enough filter. I would love to use more GPUs but thats not possible in this situation. I can put 1 more GPU in my closed rig, but im a bit paranoid about the overheat and dont want to smelt my equipment.
treanski

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:46:41 AM

The problem is I have a dust allergy and thats why im using a closed righ with enough filter. I would love to use more GPUs but thats not possible in this situation. I can put 1 more GPU in my closed rig, but im a bit paranoid about the overheat and dont want to smelt my equipment.

if you keep your gpus cool and everything wired properly it should be safe. you can also buy some big tower for more room Cheesy

m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:06:31 AM

8 vegas? Hm.. Sounds very unlikely that you'll be able to mine while gaming.

Vegas are notorius for being unstable as shit. Running 8 at a stable hashrate alone would be a feat, much more playing games while mining. So sorry but unless pics can be posted i call major bullshit on this guy. Probably the reason for red paint.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
treanski

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:58:22 AM

Vegas are notorius for being unstable as shit. Running 8 at a stable hashrate alone would be a feat, much more playing games while mining. So sorry but unless pics can be posted i call major bullshit on this guy. Probably the reason for red paint.

fuck off noob, i dont need to proof you anything. its not my problem if you are to dumb get 8 vegas running stable, its nothing easier than that

jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:51:25 AM

-Snip-

I do it. I'm playing Solitaire when my rig on mining. Maybe treanski play another game, Minesweeper or may FreeCell, even 3D Pinball, who knows.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: