Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:59:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Statistics?  (Read 1126 times)
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 11:59:13 PM

Has anyone made or thought of making a graph/table or the average number of bitcoins each wallet contains, the average age of the bitcoiner and where its most popular?

Itd be cool to see.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ralree

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 12:59:38 AM

Has anyone made or thought of making a graph/table or the average number of bitcoins each wallet contains, the average age of the bitcoiner and where its most popular?

Itd be cool to see.

Obtaining this information would be rather difficult, as each wallet is a collection of private keys that correspond to various addresses (you can generate as many as you want), and knowing which addresses are assigned to the same wallet is impossible without human input.  Now, you could make a table or graph of the number of bitcoins in each address, but it would be rather boring, with a gigantic amount of all balances from 0.00000001 BTC up to 10's of BTC, then a huge taper toward 0 going from 10's to 10's of thousands of BTC in a single address (the largest known amount is 111,111 BTC or so in one address). 

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:00:40 AM

Itd be cool to see.

Obtaining this information would be rather difficult, as each wallet is a collection of private keys that correspond to various addresses (you can generate as many as you want), and knowing which addresses are assigned to the same wallet is impossible without human input.  Now, you could make a table or graph of the number of bitcoins in each address, but it would be rather boring, with a gigantic amount of all balances from 0.00000001 BTC up to 10's of BTC, then a huge taper toward 0 going from 10's to 10's of thousands of BTC in a single address (the largest known amount is 111,111 BTC or so in one address). 

Ah, I see what you mean.
jeppe

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:55:00 PM

It would be impossible to do this as its anonymous when creating a bitcoin client. The only way of doing this would be to have a built in survey in all clients and that would be impossible.
CobaltBlueD

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:10:13 AM

It would be impossible to do this as its anonymous when creating a bitcoin client. The only way of doing this would be to have a built in survey in all clients and that would be impossible.

Demographics would be impossible but a run through the block chain would reveal all wallets and the amount in them.  That would give you a wallet distribution. I'm not sure the value since it will just make me feel poor.  Smiley
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 06:53:01 AM

yeah i don't think anyone's going to give out their personal info, even if it's just their age. i know i wouldn't.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 06:57:35 AM

Demographics would be impossible but a run through the block chain would reveal all wallets and the amount in them.  That would give you a wallet distribution. I'm not sure the value since it will just make me feel poor.  Smiley

No it would not.

Address =/= Wallet.

A wallet consists of one or more addresses.   My wallet has >3,700 addresses used.   Please look through the blockchain and find all 3,700 addresses.

You could make a distribution of addresses but since an individual can have any number of addresses it would be next to useless.

A distribution of wallet balances is impossible.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 07:04:10 AM

Here is some information along these lines:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321265.0

And here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=316297.0

Largest Bitcoin addresses (not wallets) but you might find it interesting:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=295302.msg3425987#msg3425987

Note that the #1 address 1FfmbHfnpaZjKFvyi1okTjJJusN455paPH with 144336.40430282 BTC is the BTC confiscated from DPR by the FBI.

So the FBI has the most Bitcoin in a single address!!!

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: