Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:17:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A16z, USV Lead $12 Million Funding for CryptoKitties  (Read 118 times)
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1448

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:50:03 AM

I'm happy for the Cryptokitties development team, and I reckon it is one Ethereum based project that's not a scam. They built something simple and has delivered on its promises, with no hype or illusions of grandeur promising world changing disruption.

Now it is Ethereum's turn to step up and fix its scaling problem. The kitties are coming hehehe.

The team behind the viral ethereum app CryptoKitties is breaking away from its parent company, Canada-based Axiom Zen, and raising $12 million in venture funding to go it alone.

Announced Tuesday, the app's Series A round was led by venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, whose portfolio includes a variety of tech companies such as Coinbase and Airbnb, and Union Square Ventures, a New York-based firm that has stakes in Coinbase, OB1 and other industry startups.

Read the full article https://www.coindesk.com/a16z-leads-12-million-funding-for-ethereum-app-cryptokitties/

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 05:39:33 AM

I am surprised that they raised a $12M funding! Weren't they already earning a ton from their gen 0 kitty sales + kitty sale commissions + breeding fees. I hope they make good use of the money, because the market is basically stagnant. Even after launch in China, things didn't improve much.

MMostaza

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:59:25 PM

I am very curious about what is going to be the next step of the development team. What they are planning on using this funding for?
On this article: https://techcrunch.com/2018/03/20/cryptokitties-raises-12m-from-andreessen-horowitz-and-union-square-ventures/ it is said that probably they plan, in long term, to create other games that can be played by regular people who are not familiar with cryptocurrency, but using the same Ethereum ERC-721 collectible standard. And knowing their background I can’t wait to know with which news they are going to surprise us.

AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:54:18 PM

I’m surprised this Dapp is still around let alone getting big money thrown at it.  I wasted half an ether on it when it first came out just to see what the hype was about and it was beyond boring. 
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1448

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:37:27 AM

I am very curious about what is going to be the next step of the development team. What they are planning on using this funding for?
On this article: https://techcrunch.com/2018/03/20/cryptokitties-raises-12m-from-andreessen-horowitz-and-union-square-ventures/ it is said that probably they plan, in long term, to create other games that can be played by regular people who are not familiar with cryptocurrency, but using the same Ethereum ERC-721 collectible standard. And knowing their background I can’t wait to know with which news they are going to surprise us.

This should make some Ethereum whales worried, I reckon. If collectible tokens become a thing in the mainstream, we might see full blocks and network congestion, causing higher fees again.

This might also turn off some of the bigger Ethereum based ICOs and force them to start using other alternatives.

Vitalik and his team must hurry up and make the platform scale.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███