Bitcoin Forum
August 25, 2019, 10:22:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Section change of posting rules?  (Read 42 times)
kingcolex
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1209

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:19:05 AM

I used to be a big time poster in the mining section and I went back to focus on it a bit the other day and noticed today I have 5 personal messages today, all delete notices.

They were all deleted by moderators for being off topic it seems but looking back at the post this really didn't seem the case. Is there a new Moderator in charge of this section or has the section just been tightening up what post are allowed there?

I'll give a few examples:

Here is a post about the new ~1000w Bitmain miners:
The only good thing about this would be for us Americans on 110v and have room for a miner or two but this is just silly for the price. Hobbyist are growing i'm sure though so Bitmain can unload their repurposed S7's.

A post on a DIY miner by building it with all the pieces :
I remember that their old boards used to use Beaglebones as controllers, we know they used them for 1-5, anyway to just try and repurpose one of those and focus on making a firmware? The BM1384 was the chip on the S5 if I remember and I think they didn't do a shrink on the S7 but I could be wrong on that. Unless you are wanting to go ahead and manufacturer your own controller either way more power to you.

A post on if it's safe to have a miner in an area that power goes out often, replying to a post suggesting a tesla power wall:
An uninterrupted power supply would be the better solution wouldn't it? I haven't looked too much into the power walls recently but I can only assume they are quite the initial investment and unless power outages are frequent or you are starting a solar operation they seem overkill.

and finally a post of a company rolling out 3 miner models to compete with Bitmain, the 9+, 10 and 10.1:
Am I missing something or are they just going off of Bitmains Naming scheme to try and trick buyers into thinking these are newer Antminer models? Seems like a scummy thing to do, if it was just the best they don't need to name them like this.

All of these were deleted not by the thread starter but by admins, I understand if we are going for very strict post on there but this definitely didn't use to be the case and I understand if I am being flagged but I just don't get it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1200

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 05:22:34 AM

Is there a new Moderator in charge of this section
Yes, "frodocooper" is the latest addition (Welcome frodocooper as new moderator to mining).

has the section just been tightening up what post are allowed there?
AFAIK, the rules are the same (BITCOIN MINING INTRO & RULES OF THIS SUBFORUM - READ BEFORE POSTING). Not sure what was added on "Dec,13,2017" (date of the last edit) to that thread but from the looks of it, moderators are simply doing their job (I've noticed a lot of cleaning up, after the addition of "frodocooper").

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.