Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:13:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DIFFERENCE] INVESTING vs TRADING  (Read 172 times)
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:34:20 AM

I am definitely on the boat of investing. Most of the time I am thinking that I am making different trades but the thing is I am holding for longer terms thus making it theoretically an investment that we can grow into something better. Yes some good points to explain the whole thing as I spotted the difference in my way of investing and trading. I think both of them just differs from the fact that one keeps going on for the longer period of time while on the other hand trading is just more quicker and also carries some sort of risk I would say.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jeanpadel14

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:48:30 AM

Investing and trading are two very different methods of attempting to profit in the financial markets. The goal of investing is to gradually build wealth over an extended period of time through the buying and holding of a portfolio of stocks, baskets of stocks, mutual funds, bonds and other investment instrument.Trading, on the other hand, involves the more frequent buying and selling of stock, commodities, currency pairs or other instruments, with the goal of generating returns that outperform buy-and-hold investing.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀            i v y            ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM     ●    FACEBOOK    ●     TWITTER     ●    YOUTUBE    ●     LINKEDIN
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:04:52 PM

Yes, investment and trading are so different. For short, i understand it as like this

Investment = i say this as a future savings.
Trading = i use this for my  daily fulfillment.

And i do these two, i have to invest for my future savings where i need money when i can't work anymore. And i do the trading to get profit little by little and it for my daily fulfillment.

Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:10:07 PM

It seems to me that every bitcoin user uses both of these ways of earning. I have for example there is the main Fund which I never use for trade. This is my investment in the future. And I have another Fund that I use to trade on the stock exchange. This allows me to always have a small income for my daily needs.
feverpitch

Activity: 379

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:13:47 PM

Yes in investing you just invested you money on long term time period and just hodler and wait wait wait and after you a still wait wait and wait untill price goes high to make you good profit .
Trading very riskly and need a lot of expirience to work with that , but you could make money faster .
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:55:45 PM

Hi,

Yes, that seems obvious.

Put simply: when you trade, you bet through your money and you don't really care about what you buy. When you invest (supposedly), you believe in a specific project and your objective, rather than making profit, should be to help a company.

When you trade you don't have any relationship with company owners and you don't care about long-term strategy. When you invest, you may give advice to company owners and for sur, you care about where your investment go (should be on long-term strategic project).

Today, many shareholders are merely traders and that's why many companies stop thinking over the long term. Shareholders don't care because the second the company is no longer profitable, they give up their shares. The problem is that most company owners don't realize the shareholder mindset is threatening for their long-term activity!

bakujo0817

Activity: 313
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:56:01 PM

Probably so many think if he invested in cryptocurrency, it means he has been trading too. Yet these two things are very different. Here are the differences of investing and trading according to Warren buffet and Jesse Livermore:

INVESTING (Warren Buffet)
- More concerned with a fundamental analysis ( ratio, cash flow, etc)
- Typically longer term buy and hold
- Much less sensitive to short-term price fluctuations
- Very little commission fees due to infrequent buys and sells
- In the mindset of " Part of the company"

TRADING (Jesse Livermore)
- Technical analysis based ( Chart patterns, indicators, etc)
- shorter term, many more transactions
- sensitive to short-term price fluctuations
- potential for larger returns in the short term
- More paid in commissions due to many transactions

which one are you?
I really appreciate if there is any additional difference between the two.
i do both but im more on long term than short term to less stress that giving me sometimes doing a short term giving me lot of stress because sometime  technical analysis might not work on crypto trading .
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:19:21 PM

I do both. I think if we buy and invest it will only get one profit but if I buy and then traded my money and I make withdrawal with dollar for long term, I will get profit 2 times. but what I do is risky because the price can not be read at any time.
The big problem with trading is that at first it may seem easy to do you need to predict the direction the market is going to take and if you do that then you can make a lot of money but the truth is that is very difficult most traders lose money despite the fact that they take the time, effort and sometimes money in order to learn the secrets of trading not realizing there are not such secrets, no one is going to sell those secrets just for a few dollars, this is why your best option is to invest in a coin with strong fundamentals that eventually grows and gives you profits that way.
petyang12

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:09:40 AM

Probably so many think if he invested in cryptocurrency, it means he has been trading too. Yet these two things are very different. Here are the differences of investing and trading according to Warren buffet and Jesse Livermore:

which one are you?

I do both. I have coins that are for trading and I have coins that I will not sell until it reach a certain price or time to sell it.
It is easier to invest long term on stock as we know there are a lot of data available on stocks. You can really identify what are the blue chip companies, With crypto there are only a few choices that you can be certain that the price will rise over the years. There is not enough data that we can study.

Good choice sir because when you mention about crypto there's no need to choose which is the best of the two because both investing and trading help you earn profit. Why do you join crypto if your not here for profit,is there another reason why? so why not do what suits you the best.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 06:15:08 AM

Better choose both of them and use the one when the time is right. I mean investing is always long term and I believe the investment is on going opportunity it can come to our door step at any time however its upto us whether to choose it or not. I always invest if the things are right, the time is right and the whole idea is right. If these three rights are there then I am pretty sure I have no concern in choosing the investment.

Trading is cyclic one. For instance the crypto market is dip down now and there is no way we can rely on the trading for now. The market is just dropping all the way down and thus making it look like worst to trade. So in such case I will never trade. In short my decision is about the time. If its right then its right if its not then just walk away.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

kalawang

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:03:27 AM

which one are you?
for me investing iand trading is same you will take the risk because that both is too risky but theres a two types of trading one is long term trading and short term trading you will choose what will you want taking the risk to hold it or selling it when you want and in investing it is like you will invest in trading site invest to get more money.
Dimid

Activity: 702
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:32:46 AM

In my opinion, this depends on the amount of your deposit. If you have 500$ in your pocket and you want to quickly disperse your deposit, short-term deals with maximum risks will be the best strategy. If you have, for example, 100k$ or more, it is better to apply the investor's strategy.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: