Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:10:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop complaining when the value of your holding is low  (Read 262 times)
nl247 (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:39:29 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2018, 03:11:08 PM by nl247

For those who complain too much when you see the market going down, this is how you sound;

You walk into a store where you have always seen a Gucci sneakers for $19800 and then one fateful day, you walk into the same store and discover a promo going on with the same original Gucci sneakers being sold for $6000, obviously a mouth watering offer, isn't it?

I am sure in that case, no one will ask the store owner why the price has gotten so low but would rather buy if there is cash at hand to take hold of the opportunity before the promo ends. Let alone, an investment that could set you up for life for being part of the future getting low, and instead of seeing it as a great buying opportunity, you keep complaining.

The market will never stay low forever, and if you do not make use of the opportunity that you have now, you will end up joining the bandwagon of those who are going to end up regretting not utilizing a good chance when they had it. See what is going on as a promo to buy lower, and keep in mind that promos don't last for long.

EDITED: Ok! I can see some have complained about my example not going with the flow. So, let me readjust it to the business lane for those who care about the example. Let's say you are a retailer, and then you actually did what I said above, by buying some sneakers at that value ($19800) and then Gucci decided to do a promo and sell the sneaker for $6000 which like I said will not obviously last for long. In that case, will you complain about the promo, or take the opportunity to buy some of those sneakers and wait for the promo to be over to make your profit? Probably, that would sound a lot better for those who bought at the previous ATH as well and those who are keen on making quick profit as well, if they understand the value of what they are holding.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Qunetick

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:45:10 AM

Yes we really need to stop complaining, before we do holding maybe we should be aware of that the price of the current coin may also rise and fall. That is why if we are going to hold we really need to have a big patience because patience is really important on the crypto currency feild.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:02:39 PM

not such a good example in my opinion. people don't buy "Gucci sneakers" to make profit, they buy them to wear. but when it comes to bitcoin, most people are buying it to make a profit and worst thing about them is that they are not traders so they want a rising market only to make profit and they don't even know how to make profit if the market is anything but rising only. so when the market is not moving according to their expectations and they not only not making profit but also losing a lot, they start complaining and panicking and eventually their panic sell crashes the price (the final crash before the reversal).

if someone is buying bitcoin to benefit from bitcoin (like how they benefit from a "Gucci sneakers") or if they are traders, they would have never complained about dropping price of bitcoin.

Only Bitcoin
nl247 (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:18:50 PM

not such a good example in my opinion. people don't buy "Gucci sneakers" to make profit, they buy them to wear. but when it comes to bitcoin, most people are buying it to make a profit and worst thing about them is that they are not traders so they want a rising market only to make profit and they don't even know how to make profit if the market is anything but rising only. so when the market is not moving according to their expectations and they not only not making profit but also losing a lot, they start complaining and panicking and eventually their panic sell crashes the price (the final crash before the reversal).

if someone is buying bitcoin to benefit from bitcoin (like how they benefit from a "Gucci sneakers") or if they are traders, they would have never complained about dropping price of bitcoin.

And that is really the point and the main reason I used the Gucci Sneakers. Isn't the benefit obvious? But the thing is that people do not want to know and I understand some see it just as a get rich quick scheme which is where they totally missed it from the start, but if everyone can understand the benefit they stand to gain in the long term without looking at the quick profit, I am sure they would see it this way and would rather not complain.

Nevertheless, I can actually buy Gucci sneakers to make profit if I am planning to resell as a retailer in the long run, so one way or the other, based on how I perceive it, it is still an opportunity at that moment, but I absolutely get your point.
Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:58:39 PM

That is exactly how the attitude of anyone into trading should be, What I would like to add here is that when the market is STABLE as most of us call it or when it is rising, we should select some of the cryptocurrencies which we feel would rise further in the coming time and research as much as we can about those selected cryptocurrencies while saving some amount to invest in the finalized cryptos after reasearch and wait for the drop in the market that is when the market is low and then invest in those selected cryptos while the market.
SHawk

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:03:30 PM

It is just an indisputable fact to stop complaining because of drastic price decreases of the coins you are holding. We should be in the better position to understands that these Cryptocoins are volatile in nature and are at such subtle to either increase or decrease of their coins value due to various unforeseen circumstances that comes to be inevitably.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:06:02 PM

not such a good example in my opinion. people don't buy "Gucci sneakers" to make profit, they buy them to wear. but when it comes to bitcoin, most people are buying it to make a profit and worst thing about them is that they are not traders so they want a rising market only to make profit and they don't even know how to make profit if the market is anything but rising only. so when the market is not moving according to their expectations and they not only not making profit but also losing a lot, they start complaining and panicking and eventually their panic sell crashes the price (the final crash before the reversal). if someone is buying bitcoin to benefit from bitcoin (like how they benefit from a "Gucci sneakers") or if they are traders, they would have never complained about dropping price of bitcoin.

And this is actually the reality that affected many people who are into Bitcoin thinking that the value will never go down when in fact they know that Bitcoin can be so volatile based on its past history and what is currently happening in the market. Last year there was an influx of newcomers to cryptocurrency and these people were complaining when the market was down. We just have to wait for it because I am sure that eventually Bitcoin will start to rise again.
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:28:05 PM

Too many people are thinking short term and checking the prices every 10 minutes.  Think like warren buffet. Buffet is a long term investor.  Crypto is a long term game. It's only going to grow in the future.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:58:42 PM

For those who complain too much when you see the market going down, this is how you sound;

You walk into a store where you have always seen a Gucci sneakers for $19800 and then one fateful day, you walk into the same store and discover a promo going on with the same original Gucci sneakers being sold for $6000, obviously a mouth watering offer, isn't it?

I am sure in that case, no one will ask the store owner why the price has gotten so low but would rather buy if there is cash at hand to take hold of the opportunity before the promo ends. Let alone, an investment that could set you up for life for being part of the future getting low, and instead of seeing it as a great buying opportunity, you keep complaining.

The market will never stay low forever, and if you do not make use of the opportunity that you have now, you will end up joining the bandwagon of those who are going to end up regretting not utilizing a good chance when they had it. See what is going on as a promo to buy lower, and keep in mind that promos don't last for long.
The coins price movement is always been drag by the bull and the bear and your understanding of the one that has an upper hand will assist you in making money. Actually bitcoin price cannot keep moving up and also cannot been falling all the time but both are all needed for cryptocurrencies development. I have seeing some people making money by just buying low and sell high and that is the cycle of this market.
gaurav@zup

Activity: 38
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:59:54 PM

All those who are complaining are generally newbies who think that crypto is like a gold mine where you dig once and you are rich for life. But they must understand the difference between the trading and investing.
1. If trading stay sharp and make short trades and gain daily profits by controlling the greed to earn more which may lead to heavy losses.
2. If investing then find the good project and HOLD for atleast 3 months.
pawanjain

Activity: 2660
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:04:22 PM

Well it depends on the people since not all the people would complaint about BTC going low. Everybody has a different perspective. A person who wanted to buy BTC from a long time would be happy for the dip whereas the person who wanted to sell at higher price would be sad for it. A wise man would always make use of such opportunities. The matter of fact is the knowledge that one posses about crypto that leads to his thinking about it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Kizaki

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:19:00 PM

I totally agree with this. A lot of people cannot see the market crash as a good opportunity to get more coins at cheaper price. Instead of complaining, why not turn thw situation around and take it as an opportunity to get good coins at a discounted price. However, most people panic because they think they are losing money. We should remember that we only lose money when we sell at bad price, not when we hold our investment.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:26:28 PM

I really don't give a fuss about my holdings right now even the market is down all I do is continue to do my daily routine and go to work. People who complains are have no other choice and expect they could be rich in small amount of time but the fact is they need to wait maybe for at least a year or maybe longer. Investing in crypto can gives us surprises and sometimes it's a good one. Just accept the truth that there will be a losing moment and wining one. There is another way on how to avoid yourself from complaining, just simply sleep and eat and go out jog with out checking your portfolio within a month or two, that's if you have the guts.
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:46:48 PM

That's natural respond but you don't know the true is? How about if you invest in ICO project with loan money and the price falling down or the project become scam, if you have complaining/ angry it's fine and realistic. Before enter market, we must know how market works and the risk. Most people doesn't realized that knowledge is important. Complaining, angry, stress should not happen if you know the risk. Let people complain, from there you know they don't have enough knowledge to start journey.

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
usekevin

Activity: 2198
Merit: 554

Highly Trusted|Most efficient Manager| yahoo62278

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:59:55 PM

You have to buy at low value ,to avoid of complaint about dip.Just consider you had brought gold or any assets ,when the price of that asset is reduced. Do you complain for that.Bitcoin is as like that and bitcoin is more than that.If you will get profit do you complain for that.Use the dip to buy a huge amount of bitcoin and sell when the price reaches the moon.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:08:14 PM

It is a good example, you just have a different point of view from it. What's more worst is that, because they are not really a trader, whenever they see a little drop in the price of bitcoin and knowing that they already lose their investment, they immediately sell their share to prevent more losses. There is a lot of people like that, they invest in something they really don't know how it works.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:27:42 PM

Lack of experience, desire to make big profit in short time, to superficial approach to cryptocurrencies that are all reasons why people get disappointed and give up after short period of time. They think only on short term profit and because of that complain every time bitcoin price goes down thinking it's the end of the world.
But I don't think this will ever going to change, it's the human nature. Never satisfied, always complaining.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Nisharawal

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

I am no stable coin. to the mooonn.. and back

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:02:55 PM

Yes in today's market conditions there are many traders and other people who try to blame the market whenever there is a downfall in their portfolio. Especially when the fall has happened after the negative news or rumors. They don't try to analyze the market or the price charts and blindly complain about the downtrend and so this problem can be solved only by them personally by just analyzing the market with proper price action and according to the trade plan. You should be knowing how to find the real value of the price and also you should be knowing to find the overvalued price and undervalued price that's it, this is enough for us to know.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain   ▰▰▰▰
WHITEPAPER   JOIN TELEGRAM   ◄ Ann Thread ►
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:33:56 PM

not such a good example in my opinion. people don't buy "Gucci sneakers" to make profit, they buy them to wear. but when it comes to bitcoin, most people are buying it to make a profit and worst thing about them is that they are not traders so they want a rising market only to make profit and they don't even know how to make profit if the market is anything but rising only. so when the market is not moving according to their expectations and they not only not making profit but also losing a lot, they start complaining and panicking and eventually their panic sell crashes the price (the final crash before the reversal). if someone is buying bitcoin to benefit from bitcoin (like how they benefit from a "Gucci sneakers") or if they are traders, they would have never complained about dropping price of bitcoin.

And this is actually the reality that affected many people who are into Bitcoin thinking that the value will never go down when in fact they know that Bitcoin can be so volatile based on its past history and what is currently happening in the market. Last year there was an influx of newcomers to cryptocurrency and these people were complaining when the market was down. We just have to wait for it because I am sure that eventually Bitcoin will start to rise again.
Exactly, the fact that the value will still rise up should be consider by many supporters, those who are complaining about the sudden downfall needs to
study deeper, the value was volatile and fluctuations are always unpredictable, but in somehow, we just need to wait and think of this matter for much
longer terms, bitcoin will rise up and everything will be good and green again.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
harizen
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398

For support ➡️ help.bc.game

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:16:07 PM

Let's removed the example instead as it was not making sense. Once people used money to buy cryptos they are expecting to have a return. Does people expect a profit after buying a sneakers? We must head directly to the main point of the topic and forget that example.

Ok moving on...

Even how low some people holdings are, they used their own hard earned money on it so complaining is not the issue here but rather they must be educated to understand that market trend is not always uptrend. Panic is part of the progress so just give them time to realized that market crash is part of the risks that they will faced and encounter once they entered the world of crypto. Don't think of them too much as overall, like you said, their holdings are low so they can't even shake a market a bit whatever actions they will made.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████