Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:52:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TagCoin - Multi Token Wallet and Trading Platform  (Read 301241 times)
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:48:18 PM

Tag is a joke ...It has been hijacked by non-public hash power well over 50%...my pool has 40M I am 9.5m of that... we avg 1 out of 80 blocks I'm 7-10 tag/24hrs
Pityful...because they keep moving the goal post..so your actual variance is more like 8000%

All major KNOWN pools only add up to 400M......They are getting shit results also....

Where is all the hidden hash power???  My pool find rate is very near 100% so if we get 1/80 that's means total hash must be near 3.2 gigs
Where are all the blocks going???

Show me some new pools or foreign pools that have anywhere near that?Huh

Only an idiot would think a coin like this could ever serve as a public utility when it's supply is so monopolized and the markets so easy to manipulate.
It is a speculation vehicle only to sap wealth and value out of real world newb suckers.

It's China, mate.  Check daily volume on BTC38.Com.  Yesterday they traded 48k TAG.  So more than likely, someone has a collective farm, or some fancy unreleased ASICs and they are having a lot of fun with them.  Or it's a private pool.  Or multipools.  Or a botnet.  It could be anything.  But it's focused in China.

It's the way the game goes, mate.  There might even be a currency exchange gain we're not seeing over here.  The possibility for someone there to go from BTC-> TAG -> Yuan -> Peso and all the trades between... someone might be making some serious money on the down low.  Would you make that public, or would you ride it out for as long as you can?

-Fuse

Community > Devs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Philopolymath

Activity: 558
Merit: 295

Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:49:28 PM

Everyone blames China..Well I Speak mandarin and travel often to Taipei and H.K and Xiamen,Canton,Shanghai....Most of my contacts there are crying the same foul..Sure they have lots of Tag but it's not from mining. People here don't realize just how poor most Chinese are...But I know PLENTY of Brit's and Aussie CDN and American expat's that DO have large GPU ops in Korea Tokyo and Taipei H.K.
Everyone I know over there consider Tag to be a private rigged coin...So  it is getting a LOT of negative PUBLIC resentment..

It's not John Q Chinaman mining the snot out of this coin that is for sure..They can hardly afford a bike and cell phone.

Support Alien Beer Circle research...www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRXDk2RMQ4A
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:01:59 AM

Well, I'm interested cuz I'm not making any Peso right now. LOL.

Things to think about for the devs: If it's not all that hidden hash power, then it must be something with the coin. Orphans imply forks, because orphans are valid blocks that suddenly are now no longer honored by majority of the clients.

That's another issue, if majority of the clients are not the latest version, then that large block of wallets and miners will follow the rules or protocol as of that particular version, invalidating otherwise valid blocks, creating a fork with a very long chain, and forcing whatever was considered valid to become invalid and turning them into orphans.

Just like in the real world, children become orphans because their parents are gone.

ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:18:10 AM

Everyone blames China..Well I Speak mandarin and travel often to Taipei and H.K and Xiamen,Canton,Shanghai....Most of my contacts there are crying the same foul..Sure they have lots of Tag but it's not from mining. People here don't realize just how poor most Chinese are...But I know PLENTY of Brit's and Aussie CDN and American expat's that DO have large GPU ops in Korea Tokyo and Taipei H.K.
Everyone I know over there consider Tag to be a private rigged coin...So  it is getting a LOT of negative PUBLIC resentment..

It's not John Q Chinaman mining the snot out of this coin that is for sure..They can hardly afford a bike and cell phone.

If they're not mining it, how are they getting it?  They aren't buying it on other exchanges.... there's no daily volume.

So there's two possibilities... they're either hacking coins from pools and wallets(think my orphan claims back when I cried foul), or they're mining them.  Coins just don't appear out of thin air...

Well, I'm interested cuz I'm not making any Peso right now. LOL.

Things to think about for the devs: If it's not all that hidden hash power, then it must be something with the coin. Orphans imply forks, because orphans are valid blocks that suddenly are now no longer honored by majority of the clients.

That's another issue, if majority of the clients are not the latest version, then that large block of wallets and miners will follow the rules or protocol as of that particular version, invalidating otherwise valid blocks, creating a fork with a very long chain, and forcing whatever was considered valid to become invalid and turning them into orphans.

Just like in the real world, children become orphans because their parents are gone.

Which is why I forked the github and changed the code to block connections to my pool if the client wasn't 1.0.4 or higher.  I was running 1.0.5 and I had numerous clients connecting to me with version 1.0.3 or older.  My github fork said 1.0.4 or newer, and that resolved that quick.

I believe we need to push for that.  Cut off the old clients and call it a day.  Vesper, 24Kilo and I just saved KDC last weekend from the same fate(starting at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=407705.msg5469895#msg5469895).  They updated the code, forgot to limit the connections, and then old clients were connecting and submitting invalid blocks.  Limiting the client connections to only newer clients stopped that immediately.

IMO, it's what we need to do.  If people don't want to update... we force them to update.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Philopolymath

Activity: 558
Merit: 295

Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:46:40 AM

Great link for the price watch thanks..

Can't believe I just said they are not mining them...DOH! How stupid is that.

The point was, if we can't know the TRUE total net hash and have some public accountability the coin is moot.

Support Alien Beer Circle research...www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRXDk2RMQ4A
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:12:05 AM

Great link for the price watch thanks..

Can't believe I just said they are not mining them...DOH! How stupid is that.

The point was, if we can't know the TRUE total net hash and have some public accountability the coin is moot.

Dabs and Vesperwillow have been able to calculate an approximate hash rate based on difficulty.  How close that approximation is can be argued, but I'd say it's the best shot we have at guessing it.

The thing is, even with the total hash rate known, it doesn't change the fact that there is some trading magic going on in China that makes TAG an amazing trading option even though it isn't here.  I wish I knew what it was.  I'm guessing some smarter financial minds here could do a walk-through of the trading possibilities.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
tagbond (OP)

Activity: 627
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:27:40 AM

Interesting  to note that the Chinese think TAG is a privately rigged coin - I suppose in some ways it has some characteristics of a private coin, in that we are the only ones that are creating the infrastructure to use it but there is nothing to stop anyone else using that via our api etc to do their own thing. And rigged?..rigged to do what exactly?..lol...we all have the same aim, to increase value but the code is open for everyone to see, how can it be rigged. But I guess public perception is always different to facts. Anyone here who is Chinese want to represent TAG in Chinese forums and sites?..

ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:44:05 AM

Interesting  to note that the Chinese think TAG is a privately rigged coin - I suppose in some ways it has some characteristics of a private coin, in that we are the only ones that are creating the infrastructure to use it but there is nothing to stop anyone else using that via our api etc to do their own thing. And rigged?..rigged to do what exactly?..lol...we all have the same aim, to increase value but the code is open for everyone to see, how can it be rigged. But I guess public perception is always different to facts. Anyone here who is Chinese want to represent TAG in Chinese forums and sites?..

I don't know if it's the perception of the coin being private, or the network majority.  I mean, I'd sure like to know where all the coins moving in China are coming from.  There has to be a Chinese pool we just don't know about, or some really serious private miners somewhere in the world.  But the fact that the overwhelming majority of TAG trading is on BTC38(for Yuan) tells me the hashing power is in China.

+1 to the API... I wish I was better at code, because I would be all over that.

http://www.amazon.com/Rosetta-Stone-Chinese-Mandarin-Level/dp/1608299627/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1394253441&sr=8-16&keywords=learn+mandarin  -  Sign me up!

Seriously, though... a Chinese delegate would do wonders to finding out what's going on over there with TAG.  Maybe a bounty is in order?

-Fuse

Community > Devs
zccopwrx

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:36:41 PM

Isnt botpool Chinese?? 

ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:09:40 AM

yep I think so

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:12:51 AM

Isnt botpool Chinese?? 

They are.  However, if you look at their hash power lately(66MH right now), it's not producing the coins per day that we're seeing being traded on BTC38.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Tagsupport

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:05:54 PM

Interesting  to note that the Chinese think TAG is a privately rigged coin - I suppose in some ways it has some characteristics of a private coin, in that we are the only ones that are creating the infrastructure to use it but there is nothing to stop anyone else using that via our api etc to do their own thing. And rigged?..rigged to do what exactly?..lol...we all have the same aim, to increase value but the code is open for everyone to see, how can it be rigged. But I guess public perception is always different to facts. Anyone here who is Chinese want to represent TAG in Chinese forums and sites?..

HELLO TAGBOND      i  had said to you ...           i am V5 group in china    like you said   we want TAG go crazy   i know waht you said

i know  you want  TAGcoin can be use on the internet       we want it too!!   

and  i can  creat the forums and sites of  chinese version        i want have chat with you   on Instant messaging soft   suck like  Skyp
or QQ (china msn  have internetional version)      do you have Interesting???
Tagsupport

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:53:52 PM

china  Major pool  tag.botpool.com
tagbond (OP)

Activity: 627
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:30:41 AM

I'm pleased to announce that tagmining.com will be the official pool for TAG. Fuse will be making the main announcement with more details shortly.

ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:37:10 AM

I'm pleased to announce that tagmining.com will be the official pool for TAG. Fuse will be making the main announcement with more details shortly.

Beat me to it!

Greetings TAG mining community!

It's been a roller coaster of a week... hell, a roller coaster of a couple of months.  I've been there with you watching as prices have gone up and down, fighting through the orphans, and trying to keep everyone from completely giving up on TAG.  I'll admit that after last weekend I was pissed.  I felt like I was ready to give up, and I announced that I would be closing down Tagmining for good.

Then things turned around a little.  Mark admitted that he's been absent from the community here, and he was going to make it a priority to keep this community involved.  While mining Tagcoin might not be huge piece of the overall vision of the TAG empire, it's the portion of the business miners can really get behind until the widespread adoption of TAG as a global rewards system.  And while some of us have put effort into spreading the word of TAG, sometimes the only thing some of us can do is mine and support the strength and stability of the blockchain.  There are definitely two sides to the business, and I think Mark and the TAG team now see the value of a strong mining community.  This is evident by the introduction of Alex(@SisyphusEsperanto) to help keep the community in the loop.  From pool ops, to miners, to day traders, and yes... even the hoarders, we all play a piece in the future of TAG.

Over the last week or so, I have been in communication with Mark via PM and email to discuss how things can change for the better in the community.  We've talked about how we can get TAG back on top by making it a stable coin with an even stronger mining base once again.  So we came up with something, and I hope it really helps spark some interest in miners again to come back to TAG, and make this the community that it can be.

So without further ado:

Tagmining.Com is now the official pool of Tagcoin!

Tagmining will be reopening bigger and better than ever!

Mark asked me what he could do to help give back to the community through Tagmining.  I told him we need to run promotions to get miners interested in mining again, and that he would need to fund the effort.  Without hesitation, he said, "Do it!".  So from now until the end of the month:

Tagmining will be giving away a 1TAG block finder bonus!
If pool funds start to increase due to pool fees and donations, we'll up the bonus until we reach a nice equilibrium.

Every weekday this month, I will announce a "countdown block".  The finder of the block 20 blocks after the "countdown block" will get 10TAG!

Tagmining will start it's jackpot back up!  Every Saturday, 3 lucky miners will win their share of 100TAG!
Jackpot rules and info can be found in the second post of the Tagmining pool thread found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=324938.0

Those of you who have mined at Tagmining know that I pride myself on making sure the miners come first.  With Mark backing Tagmining as the official TAG pool, we can do more to make sure miners are taken care of and happy.  Whether that's things like planned bonuses and rewards, additional pool nodes to help localizing mining, or even just staying as active as possible to ensure miners have a voice- Mark and I will do everything in our power to make the TAG mining community the community the best it can be.

That's our promise to you.

Thanks for all your support, and here's to a new beginning!

-Fuse

Community > Devs
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:36:10 AM

Mining!

Thanks for the support, Dabs!

You're the man, mate!

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:46:44 AM

I still need risers. I'm only mining 2 GPUs. So, don't go up in price yet until I get my risers so I can mine more TAG! LOL.

Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:02:21 PM

I think this great coin lost many miners and users with the orphan issue. Is this problem really solved yet?

If it is, I think I'm going to join your pool soon Ny2cafuse. Smiley

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:44:53 PM

There's definitely private hashing of TAG going on, and I would wager it's half the network hashrate. Not a bad thing, but it does show that there's someone (or many folks) with deep pockets who believe in mining and selling the coin. It's not apparent that there's as much holding going on, as there is straight mining and selling.

ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:26:15 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 05:35:13 PM by ny2cafuse

Can anyone here test this game tagvert please - Trying to not make it so easy to win, but also not completely impossible. It is designed to share and gain Tagbond users, and to spread the idea of TAG more via facebook etc.

http://tagbond.com/d/5315a24585c6571d400e75b7?u=1

If you have a tagbond ID, just replace the 1 with your ID and then you get 1 point for each person that takes the game, which in turn lets you play more games (3 free attempts per day, then 1 point per attempt to win)

I will be adding more games like this,and then proceeding with the gammia.com website which will feature just games to win TAG , prizes and whatever other companies want to give away under their community.

On an aside, i am trying to get my head around odds of winning expressed as a calculation, so we can put that into each tagvert on creation - in this case you have win 3/20 3 times out of 5 - any maths heads here remember their probability/chances/odds mathematics to work that out. I can do 3 times in a row (that is 3/20*3/20*3/20), but to get 3 out of 5 of these to win..my head hurts..lol

2 wins, one loss.  About even on the spins.  System worked well, but one suggestion:

You need to try to redirect on login back to the game page.  If you click tagvert button while not logged in, you get sent to the login screen, then to the dashboard.  It should be click the button, login screen, back to tagvert.

Community > Devs
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: