Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:05:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XFX 6850 Voltage Regs  (Read 743 times)
dyngnosis (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 03:01:27 AM

Since this is the only place I can post right now it's going to sit here in the newb form.  If a moderator sees fit to move it that's great Smiley

I wanted to draft a quick post to document my experience setting up two XFX 6850s purchased from tigerdirect (this seems to be important-others having the issue also purchased from TD).  Some people have had success overclocking the cards using Trixx or MSI AB (After doing the UnofficialEULA change to the CFG file) and others seem to be completely stuck.

It turns out that these cards come in multiple flavors and that they changed voltage regulators.  Currently, MSI AB and Trixx are unable either unable to see the registers in BIOS to adjust voltage (via adjusting the duty cycle) or unable to control them.

There has been a lot of noise surrounding the issue and filtering out the typical OC issues (not doing proper eula cfg mods, proper catalyst drivers, non-conflicting utilites (disable CCC), etc) has been difficult.  If anyone else has this card and wouldn't mind taking a high res picture of the PCB I would really appreciate it.  Please let me know if you've had success increasing the voltage and if so with which utility.

Cheers,
dyn
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: